Stevie_fadhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
So I've just bought a used exploitable switch (XAW 70002XXX)yesterday, with a docking problem.
The green light is on at the dock and the switch is charging no problem, but won't connect to my tv.
Of course my old switch works fine with the same dock, same tv No problem.
I'm thinking it's a hardware problem..
Is there anyway i can fix it? Maybe change the GPU or the IC responsible for the dock or something..
Please do not tell me try with a different dock or a different tv, or change settings cause the only settings are video output which is either automatic or 480p.
I can replace chips (motherboard IC) if you guys can tell me which one.
The switch is on 9.1 I guess..latest anyways.
Thank you.

Last edited by Stevie_fadhil,

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before even start make full reset(Initialization) of the switch to eliminate simple software issue (we went thru similar issues so many times before on this forum).

1) Make sure your USB port is fine and doesn't have missing pins, sometimes debris can get in and mess-up the port, in rare situations without microscope it's impossible to cut.
2) PCB Visual inspection, make sure this switch was not altered before or doesn't have any water damage. Better to do it with some magnification to make sure there is no solder work has been made.
3) Check filter chokes before P13USB IC they should have continuity thru each line but lines shouldn't be shorted to each-other.

And please if you can, include pictures of the PCB (Both Sides).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 11.17.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 11.17.09 AM.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: FXDX

Stevie_fadhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before even start make full reset(Initialization) of the switch to eliminate simple software issue (we went thru similar issues so many times before on this forum).

1) Make sure your USB port is fine and doesn't have missing pins, sometimes debris can get in and mess-up the port, in rare situations without microscope it's impossible to cut.
2) PCB Visual inspection, make sure this switch was not altered before or doesn't have any water damage. Better to do it with some magnification to make sure there is no solder work has been made.
3) Check filter chokes before P13USB IC they should have continuity thru each line but lines shouldn't be shorted to each-other.

Hi,
I have not inspected the switch yet still waiting for my tools to ship in January including the microscope and then I'll go for full PCB inspection.
I'll clean the motherboard, the USB controller and as last resort I'll check continuity on the IC controller you pointed out.
Hopefully it's a simple dust issue, don't think a full software initialization would do it, I think the seller mentioned something about that but didn't work for him.
He still could get it to dock sometimes, but was random, hopefully nothing is shorted out there..

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have not inspected the switch yet still waiting for my tools to ship in January including the microscope and then I'll go for full PCB inspection.
I'll clean the motherboard, the USB controller and as last resort I'll check continuity on the IC controller you pointed out.
Hopefully it's a simple dust issue, don't think a full software initialization would do it, I think the seller mentioned something about that but didn't work for him.
He still could get it to dock sometimes, but was random, hopefully nothing is shorted out there..

May be seller replaced an USB port and it's just aren't soldered all the way correctly....

Stevie_fadhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hello,
I just opened up the switch, tested all the nearby capacitors to the chip you've mentioned, they seem to be fine.
The filter chockes tho I tested them they have continuity from the capacitor to both sides accordingly, if that makes any sens.
When I test continuity on each filter both sides continuity is present as well..
The seller is a guy with kids and doesn't understand the next thing about any of this, I strongly doubted he did anything with it..
What's next?

Attachments

• 15800893451498849239162574327322.jpg
    15800893451498849239162574327322.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 15800893836526093304583768275443.jpg
    15800893836526093304583768275443.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 277

seidolino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hey! have you tried to check this cap? In my case the solder was not touching the IC and I was only able to play in handheld mode.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 257
D

Deleted User

Mine came down to a bad brand new p13usb. After replacing everything else I replaced the p13usb again and that took care of it... Disheartening to get bad brand new parts

Theorem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
wow i have never seen that spacer yet.Just for curiosity i opened my own virgin Switch and no chewing gum.. maybe it is region or motherboard version related addon...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mine came down to a bad brand new p13usb. After replacing everything else I replaced the p13usb again and that took care of it... Disheartening to get bad brand new parts
Doesn't a bad P13USB make the dock LED flash instead of going solid?
Hello,
I just opened up the switch, tested all the nearby capacitors to the chip you've mentioned, they seem to be fine.
The filter chockes tho I tested them they have continuity from the capacitor to both sides accordingly, if that makes any sens.
When I test continuity on each filter both sides continuity is present as well..
The seller is a guy with kids and doesn't understand the next thing about any of this, I strongly doubted he did anything with it..
What's next?
You didn't mentioned if you checked the USB-C port. That would be the first thing to check IMO since it's easily damaged by user error.

D

Deleted User

@The Real Jdbye I would imagine every failure isn't identical. Mine had a bad USB port to start. I replaced that then the p13usb. Everything worked great except dock to tv. Everything tested fine but I replaced the filters, caps, & m92t36 anyways. When the problem persisted I changed the p13usb with another new one and now it works 100%

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow i have never seen that spacer yet.Just for curiosity i opened my own virgin Switch and no chewing gum.. maybe it is region or motherboard version related addon...
That cushion has been on every switch I've opened. Usually I notice them sticking to the silver shield

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up