Nintendo Switch USB C Fix New Repair Method

RippedTraces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you be adapting the iPad charge flex punch hole design on your flex?
View attachment 300944
Hi,

Since the assumption is that the pads on the Nintendo Switch would be torn as shown below, there wouldn't be any pads to solder a punch hole design to. The Nintendo Switch USB C Fix has pads to solder to restore all 24 traces on the Nintendo Switch without the need to run jumper wires. If the iPad flex had one torn trace below, you would need to run a jumper to that flex in order to restore functionality of that ripped trace. If you could explain the reasoning behind the said design we can definitely look into incorporating it.

Thanks

QFqhb1Q.jpeg

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Since the assumption is that the pads on the Nintendo Switch would be torn as shown below, there wouldn't be any pads to solder a punch hole design to. The Nintendo Switch USB C Fix has pads to solder to restore all 24 traces on the Nintendo Switch without the need to run jumper wires. If the iPad flex had one torn trace below, you would need to run a jumper to that flex in order to restore functionality of that ripped trace. If you could explain the reasoning behind the said design we can definitely look into incorporating it.

Thanks

QFqhb1Q.jpeg
I assumed not always 24pads had been ripped off. So most case there are few pads remain(i.e VCC or ground pads) so my theory is reusing them for alignment or re-enforcement for high current drawing heat dissipation. Originally I was wondering if soldering repair flex onto new port prior to solder on mainboard, but it seems not practical from the non-punch whole design lack of pad alignment. Nevertheless, good to see such nice design to support repair community.

Reactions: RippedTraces

RippedTraces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed not always 24pads had been ripped off. So most case there are few pads remain(i.e VCC or ground pads) so my theory is reusing them for alignment or re-enforcement for high current drawing heat dissipation. Originally I was wondering if soldering repair flex onto new port prior to solder on mainboard, but it seems not practical from the non-punch whole design lack of pad alignment. Nevertheless, good to see such nice design to support repair community.
With the iPad Flex, you're applying solder via the punch hole to adhere to the pads below. With this, if it did have the design you would still need to reflow the port on top of it which is likely to melt the solder, unlike the iPad version. But to mention, we're also releasing a model with the port already presoldered on and have done tests with members before release. This way, it's also a much quicker installation for people, especially if they don't feel comfortable reflowing the port on themselves.

Reactions: jkyoho

bombob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kinda late to the party but it seem to have sold out and they don't reply to emails and inquiries. is the project dead?

Reactions: ApodacaP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs