Polarise Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoppaDre

PoppaDre GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2016
    Canada
    you're companies must do really well

sunfused, XRaTiX, MushGuy and 5 others like this.
  2. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    One of the reasons I enjoy GBATemp. :rofl2:

retrofan_k likes this.
  3. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    That's what I actually do ;)
    Most ROMs I use are hacks, which is why I love emulation on my Nintendo consoles.

4. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I like tuttlez

5. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I see here, how people are talking about those 3 guys who reported something. Just stay at 2.0 (this is where all modding is happening)

6. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Yeah... You may want to look at the links you post
    upload_2017-4-18_8-35-11.

sunfused, DrkBeam, XRaTiX and 2 others like this.
  7. MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem WAAALUIGI

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    Did they fix a patch in 2.1?

8. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Tbh there's some rumours that Nintendo pulled the NES Classic Because developers weren't happy that pirating their games onto the Classic became a simple three step process.

9. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    How can you even continue to argue? Your grammar is appalling.

Please just stop!! You're making yourself look stupid now.

You might have been able to continue defending your position had you not just shot your own arguments to pieces.

Your means it belongs to you
    You're is an abbreviation of You are

Whilst we are at it and just so you know for your future correspondance in your role as director of 3 companies:

Their is used to identify something belonging to someone else. E.G. Their dog is on a lead.
    There is used to identify a location. E.G. My coat is over there.
    They're is an abbreviation of They are. E.G They're sick to death of reading incorrect grammar.
    Where is also used to identify a location. E.G. Where is my coat?
    Were is used to reference something that has happened previously. E.G. We were on holiday.
    We're is an abbrevation of We are. E.G We're going to buy a car.

I am from the UK, near Manchester if you would like to know, and the use of your instead of you're is down to nothing but sheer laziness. Local dialects have fuck all to do with it either. This annoys me just as much as people "axing" questions instead of asking questions. SPEAK PROPERLY!!

Now to address your original point, Hacking a console HAS NOT EVER lead to the downfall of a console. The number of people who actually buy a console just to hack it is a small fraction of the number of users of the actual console.

This has been pointed out to you a number of times in this thread. If I recall correctly, you were also the user who was pissing on the "Brazilian WiiU Hack".

If you don't want to use the hacks, then don't. There are users on here who legitamtely want homebrew and there are users on here that just want hacks for piracy. The switch is the perfect console to allow emulation of other consoles just because of its portability and that is what a lot of people here are asking for.

Ubisoft and co are not watching the Switch to see if it gets hacked, if anything they are watching the Switch to see how it sells as the WiiU tanked so hard.

10. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I believe its because it's a limited edition console that it had such a limited run. Those rumors don't seem so far off.. Hm

Nollog likes this.
  11. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    The Dreamcast died because it had no games. One of the major reasons developers skipped it was that pirating g a game was as easy as burning a cd.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It literally printed money. The only reason Nintendo would give up on that gravy train was if they were going to be sued.

12. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Wasn't the same with ps1? You were able to find burned ps1 games on cd pretty much everywhere.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Apr 18, 2017
    Quantumcat and sarkwalvein like this.
  13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    That was a nuclear strike.
    The burns are real.

lembi2001 likes this.
  14. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Quite ironic that you're posting here, yet condone piracy. Call the pot, kettle black hey mate;)

15. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    London
    Not to start a war or something but if hacking a console meant it's end, then the psx, ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox360, ds, 3ds, gba, all the cd systems, all of them would have died early. They didn't. The reason is simple. Piracy SELLS consoles. It might not help sell games, but it drives demand as cheapskates know they can buy the console and never pay for a game again. Console sales leads to development decisions to support the console because piracy is never too much.. The ds was one of the most pirated system of all times, mainly due to the micro sd flash carts and the complete drag & drop interface. Still, hundreds and hundreds of games. Ii is a chicken and egg problem really. If a console is hacked too soon and too badly, it could be a potential problem. A hack that nintendo can deal with by blocking net access or with updates and that comes a bit later is nothing. If anything, piracy made me try more games on the WiiU and i really want to buy the ones i liked.

16. gcunit

gcunit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    United States
    So.... on topic: I haven't updated my Switch, at all, it's still on the Day 1 system.

Earlier today I browsed the eshop, no problems. Just now I tried to browse the eshop again and it's saying I need to update before I can do it.

So can anybody give me a reason not to update that is of actual use to me now, or within the next week? I.e. some speculative potential for modding in X months is of no use to me currently.

17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Mate. It's all guess work at this point. Whether the scene blows wide open, or we get leaks is unknown. When homebrew comes is unknown. You either choose to wait or don't. There's really no reason for anyone to try and convince you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Like I've said. He doesn't understand how any of this works. Even with his 40 years of experience.. He's blowing smoke out of his ass. He refuses to try and cite any sources to prove his point. He refuses to acknowledge that he's been proven wrong, on more than one occasion. It's better to just move on from it. Some are just too thick headed. Myself included.

Last edited by Memoir, Apr 18, 2017
    Bladexdsl and sarkwalvein like this.
  18. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    ^ THIS

Weight yourself what is best for you: a) avoiding latest changes and being unable to use the system with its potential latest features/games while waiting for some hack and tools that may or may not come someday, or b) potentially losing the possibility to use those hacks while you are able to use the system and games in their more current intended states.

Just choose your poison.

Memoir likes this.
  19. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    London
    I put my switch on flight mode as i was going to play on a flight and never got it out of the flight mode since. All updates came after that point and i see no reason to update anything, even zelda, if the things that matter for me are not resolved. All the "fixed" they did make the game harder for the player, so i am going to stick to my "offline" switch until i have a compelling reason not too. :)

Memoir likes this.
  20. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    that must be a neat trick! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.