Nintendo Switch Update 2.2.0 Out

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Polarise, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Definitely a conversation starter.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  2. Futurdreamz
    This message by Futurdreamz has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 18, 2017
  3. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    NoA is not going to like that.

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Let them, Nintendo shouldn't be so butthurt about censorship and changing things around *shrug*.

5. MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem WAAALUIGI

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I hope that Nintendo doesn't make me update to play mk8d or arms. Not likely, but hopefully something is made by then

6. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    There's too much roasting of a guy who is under the rather false impression that hacking a console is a cause of its death.

This thread needs more stability memes.

gamefan5 likes this.
  7. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Never seen so many babies crying over hacks, in a hacking forum, in my life.

Don't want to read 7pages? let me summarise:

2.2.0 is out.
    blar blar blar pirates.
    blerg blerg blerg hackers sad.
    blar blar blar don't update.
    blerg blerg blerg killing switch.
    blar blar blar fuck off.
    the end.

sarkwalvein, oji, SLiV3R and 2 others like this.
  8. mosb3rg

mosb3rg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    thanks for the brief synopsis :D

gamefan5 and Risingdawn like this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Want some advice? Don't update and keep your internet connection for the Switch turned off. There, problem solved.

10. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    + We don't know if they NEEDED that money for their kids or other things to survive. We don't know their motives, so let' s not judge and be peaceful. Besides, this does NOT mean the end of the scene. It's just starting, have hope.

11. MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem WAAALUIGI

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    Is there any point in staying on 2.1 if the hacking is all going towards 2.0? I'm wondering if I should update. Also, btw for anyone that doesn't want to update: You don't have to turn wifi off just turn off automatic updates.

Last edited by MegaKyurem, Apr 18, 2017
  12. Mr. Wizard
    This message by Mr. Wizard has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 19, 2017.
    Apr 18, 2017
  13. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Why are people keeping their Switch connected online again?
    It's not like we have VC or a proper browser yet. :unsure:
    But everyone should already know that the lowest the FW version, the better when an exploit comes out.
    If they can't sacrifice online stuff for that, then that's their own fault.

14. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Because I still can, so why not?

15. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    i may not have a switch but personally rather see brew then ultimately pay $20/yr just to use online services the only "free" service for online is the stupid updates which in turn blocks exploits don't blame nintendo on the pay for online services crap you can thank Microsoft for starting the crap watch nintendo get the smart idea of charging you just to do wifi battles on Sun/moon soon

16. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    LOL @ this thread, gbatemp funny as always :D

Anyway, I wont buy a Switch until it gets hacked!

Quantumcat and gamefan5 like this.
  17. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Australia
    i might just get another Switch someday if the hacks get full blown. Until then, i'm updating the system to enjoy the stability that i needed in my life.

In my opinion, piracy or no piracy, it's not gonna kill the console. I admit, at first i thought that way but I realized i was wrong when I think about myself pirating but still end up purchasing my favourite games and getting limited editions of consoles. I'm actually still supporting Nintendo and the game devs.

i think piracy actually helps. I wouldn't discover games if it weren't for piracy. I now own all the games on my 3DS and Wii U that i pirated before.

Besides, who here doesn't want homebrew? It's not all about piracy anyway. Being able to create backups of our legitimately purchased games and save files is actually a big deal for me.

Last edited by owek1, Apr 19, 2017
    Quantumcat and SLiV3R like this.
  18. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Some companies don't mind if you pirate their software as it helps spread the software around for people to try. Microsoft would not be here if it wasn't for piracy of MSDOS and subsequently Windows.

"And as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/apr/09/business/fi-micropiracy9

Ol' Bill has even admitted to illegal use of copyright material:
    http://www.computerworld.com/article/2483179/data-privacy/bill-gates--piracy-confession.html

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Apr 19, 2017
    owek1 likes this.
  19. g00s3y
    This message by g00s3y has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  20. John256145

John256145 "Why does your name have so many numbers?"

Jun 26, 2014
    United States
    /storage/emulated/0
    Who would've guessed?!

Quantumcat likes this.
  21. linuxares
    This message by linuxares has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  22. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Pretty sure the Dreamcast died because Sega lost all consumer and dev trust by releasing new consoles so often. No one wants to buy a console when a new one is already on the horizon while the current one is still new itself.

Quantumcat likes this.
  23. g00s3y
    This message by g00s3y has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  24. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    The dreamcast died because it was released too late in the generation. It came right before the PS2/GC/Xbox. Dual sticks, more buttons, more power. So, of course it wasn't going to last. Not to mention, Sega didn't put enough time and effort into maintaining the software side of things.

25. DoJo_Master
    This message by DoJo_Master has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  26. Mr. Wizard
    This message by Mr. Wizard has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  27. Reecey
    This message by Reecey has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  28. Mr. Wizard
    This message by Mr. Wizard has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  29. s157
    This message by s157 has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  30. Reecey
    This message by Reecey has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  31. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm staying on 2.0.0 until either Splatoon 2 comes out, or a flash cart/custom firmware. But most-likely Splatoon 2 will come first, sadly.

32. s157
    This message by s157 has been removed from public view by Issac, Apr 20, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Apr 19, 2017
  33. Reecey
    Apr 19, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.