Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES games for February 2021 revealed

Nintendo is bringing out some new-old games for the Switch, with this month's set of NES and SNES titles. On February 17th, you'll be able to play four new additions to Nintendo Switch Online, including the likes of fighting game DOOMSDAY WARRIOR, platformer Prehistorik Man, and side-scrolling action game Psycho Dream for the Super Nintendo. Meanwhile, the NES library gets Fire 'n Ice, a puzzle game.

Super NES™ DOOMSDAY WARRIOR – It’s the Doomsday Warrior versus the Doom Squad! This action game features an evil sorcerer who has recruited seven warriors to take over Earth. But one of the Doom Squad has resisted the influence and now stands against the rest as the Doomsday Warrior!

Psycho Dream – When Sayaka doesn’t return to reality after entering an immersive virtual world known as a D-Movie, the protagonists, Ryo and Maria, must progress through a terrifying fantasy game called Legend of the Fallen Capital to rescue her and bring her back to reality.

Prehistorik Man – Sam the caveman’s quest to save his village begins! Sam lives in a village whose food is stolen by dinosaurs. To get more, Sam must collect bones, which he can then use to buy food. On his way, he’ll need to make use of a variety of weapons, vehicles and attacks, including shouting, to attack all on-screen foes. Can Sam reach the dinosaur graveyard and collect enough bones?

NES Fire ’n Ice – As Dana, you have been chosen by the Queen of the Winter Fairies to bear the power of ice magic. With it, you must defend your home, Coolmint Island, from the wicked wizard Druidle and his flames!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it feels like Nintendy Online and MS Games w Gold are fighting to see who can come out with the worst month yet..
Gold's games are a sidethought because they're going all in on Game Pass. Nintendo... this is basically all Nintendo has in the "free games with subscription" department.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What's up with the bitching? For $20 dollars (not $60) a year you can play online and they're kind enough to give us these games.
If you are not into these titles, just don't play them.

Personally, I find Prehistorik Man pretty interesting and I'll also give a try to Fire 'n' Ice.

Reactions: rad140

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eagerly awaiting this Nintendo.

s-l640.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like the idea of import games being added, it doesn't come off as special without a localization to go with it. It just feels lazy and sad. Lazy because it doesn't have a localization and because of that, I feel they should have just filled the slot with a game that does have one. Or is more familiar to that region, and that's why is also sad.

The import games get a super long description to explain what it even is, or a video on twitter/youtube to tell you how to even play it. (Mairo Picross, panel de on/ puzzle league) I understand it would have taken more time, money, resources and effort no one is trying to use on it. But it doesn't get people talking like the Double Dragon & Kunio-Kun NES collection, Monster World IV, or even SNES Trails of Mana localization. Even Sin & Punishment on Virtual Console had SOME effort for localization. :blink:

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
What's up with the bitching? For $20 dollars (not $60) a year you can play online and they're kind enough to give us these games.
If you are not into these titles, just don't play them.

Personally, I find Prehistorik Man pretty interesting and I'll also give a try to Fire 'n' Ice.

Lol what a simp

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

N64 is gonna be the only thing to save it
Very ambitious of you to think Nintendo will ever do that.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Now some of these are from the left field.
Prehistorik Man is the star this month, but an interesting mix, this one.
I'd like to know their reasoning for the choices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1