Nintendo switch OLED alt point for modchip install

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not - the one with the 2 flex cables (shown above) came out last.
"The flex PCB up top is just garbage...takes ALOT of time to get it right, I even cut off part of it and manually wired 3.3v and ground.

TLDR: This new OLED model is poorly designed, but works. Be prepared to put in extra time to install it properly."

Yea... think I'll stick with the one in the video I posted (but not with the dat0 adapter that it comes with)...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"The flex PCB up top is just garbage...takes ALOT of time to get it right, I even cut off part of it and manually wired 3.3v and ground.

TLDR: This new OLED model is poorly designed, but works. Be prepared to put in extra time to install it properly."

Yea... think I'll stick with the one in the video I posted (but not with the dat0 adapter that it comes with)...
The dat0 adapter that comes with it is fine better than the switch lites one with a 3.3v solder point.

And yeah too bad about the price they raised it like 50 dollars

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dat0 adapter that comes with it is fine better than the switch lites one with a 3.3v solder point.

And yeah too bad about the price they raised it like 50 dollars
I've seen people report EMMC problems with those small corner adapters though. Even after checking with a meter both before and after getting it in place. A different installer (other than sthetix) specifically mentions this and uses the other adapter in his own install video.

Reactions: Ovi293

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

MicroRepairRX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found out the reason why mine is red light!

Guys always double check the wiring, I connected to the yellow one instead of the red for power supply since it looks so similar, cant believe it took me 2 days to find out this mistake.

View attachment 286267

Had a similar problem except the diagram I was using showed the yellow circle as the 3.3v line to solder to. Got instant red light. Saw an older diagram where the 3.3v was on a cap to the right of the emmc, so soldered there and everything works.

irvingoh999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I have a spare original sx core that I never got around to installing. Was wondering if it would work on an OLED switch. I know there have been a few issues and it would be best to just get the latest oled chips and it would probably be easier to solder but I would like to know if its possible and what possible issues I may have.

So far I've read that :

1) there is a wire that I may need to disconnect/reconnect when booting the oled switch

2) flashing the sx core chip with spacecraft (not sure which version is the best)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all!

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a spare original sx core that I never got around to installing. Was wondering if it would work on an OLED switch. I know there have been a few issues and it would be best to just get the latest oled chips and it would probably be easier to solder but I would like to know if its possible and what possible issues I may have.

So far I've read that :

1) there is a wire that I may need to disconnect/reconnect when booting the oled switch

2) flashing the sx core chip with spacecraft (not sure which version is the best)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all!

1. You might need a resistor on the dat0 point

2. You flash hwfly nx 0.7 . Its really good. Thanks to the Dev F

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe to reduce the transfer speed of dat0 or it would not be able to detect if using SX core.
Remember I told you that my OLED keeps turning red when I reboot? Stethix told me it should be the dat0 adapter and it needs to be changed to the new one, anchored to the ground and if possible EMMC reflowed. He says the flashing purple then red during boot is the symptom and is quite common since the dat0 adapter is just held down by friction.

Reactions: JonJaded and de9ed

extremesecrecy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really easy to "mess up" when we're too focused on "fixing it" :)
Sometimes we need to take 2 steps back to see the bigger picture!
I'm glad you found the issue!
Way to go, mate!
Hi! I have seen a few videos where they bridge the two tops and two bottoms on your red circle. I have a feeling that is wrong. Should I be bridging or should I just be taking the 3.2-3.3 from the bottom right in the red circle?

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have seen a few videos where they bridge the two tops and two bottoms on your red circle. I have a feeling that is wrong. Should I be bridging or should I just be taking the 3.2-3.3 from the bottom right in the red circle?

they are connected to the same point, so bridging or not doesn't matter. there's no reason to create a bridge on purpose but it doesn't matter if you do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64