Nintendo switch lite - left Joycon only goes in the up and down direction

amgat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this weird issue with a switch lite. The left joycon will only go up and down. No reactions going left or right. All other buttons work as expected. I've tried replacing the joycon and also used a different controller board. Also replaced the ribbon cable between controller board and mainboard. Anyone else seen this issue?

amgat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not that I know of
Post automatically merged:

The initial problem was a damaged charging port which I replaced and also replaced the M92 chip which was shorted. The console is working fine except for the controller issue

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing really come to mind is the connector to the daughter board on the left side of the unit, and the connection to main board, so possibly the connector from analog stick to the daughter is bad, or the connector from the daughter board to main board is bad.

amgat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't believe it's the joycon as I have replaced it with a known working one. Same with the controller board. And I've tested with two ribbon cables giving the exact same results. I'm thinking it's the connector between the boards as well. I've placed an order for new connectors so I will do the waiting game for now :). tnx for looking.

amgat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone having the same issue... My issue was a broken trace in the flex cable. Actually both my flex cables have the exact same break. The cable is folded in both ends and two traces was cut in one of the folds. I soldered the traces using magnet wire under a microscope and the analog stick is now working in all directions. The easy fix here is to just buy a new flex cable. They are cheap but i needed a quick fix until the cable arrive.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why there is no custom long flex cable for S-lite without the folding hassle from original. I've seen few S-lite came in with this cable damaged for whatever reason

amgat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there should be. I highly recommend placing a piece of kapton tape over the area before folding the cable. That will give the cable some extra protection

Erro_Macro

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
To anyone having the same issue... My issue was a broken trace in the flex cable. Actually both my flex cables have the exact same break. The cable is folded in both ends and two traces was cut in one of the folds. I soldered the traces using magnet wire under a microscope and the analog stick is now working in all directions. The easy fix here is to just buy a new flex cable. They are cheap but i needed a quick fix until the cable arrive.
Hi there,

I'm facing the same issue here, the left analog doesn't react to left or right, also the volume - button is not working.
Can you share the image ho you did the soldiering?

I think these 2 issues are related to the flex, but I would prefer solder...,
To get another flex I will have to wait for 2 months from Aliexpress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CU81YUsUZFc&pp=ygUgTW9zdGx5IEkganVzdCBodXJ0IHBlb3BsZSBhbGllbnM%3D