Nintendo Switch Kiosk Unit "Could not start the software." Possible to Preserve Kiosk Mode?

Skoshche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
As the title says, I have gotten a Nintendo Switch Lite Kiosk Unit which is currently stuck on the kiosk mode error "Could not start the software"
I have seen many intructions on how to get into original firmware, however I was curious if there was any way to keep it on the Kiosk mode that it is supposed to boot into? Or if it involves something with confirming some wifi connection to access it.
Thanks!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
This video shows what is inside the Nintendo Kiosk :

Nothing special so probably the Switch is connecting to the Nintendo servers for the demo games.
Maybe Nintendo changes the kiosk credentials from time to time or they can maybe remove the contents from such units whenever they want to.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
As the title says, I have gotten a Nintendo Switch Lite Kiosk Unit which is currently stuck on the kiosk mode error "Could not start the software"
I have seen many intructions on how to get into original firmware, however I was curious if there was any way to keep it on the Kiosk mode that it is supposed to boot into? Or if it involves something with confirming some wifi connection to access it.
Thanks!
Regardless of whatever else you do, first make sure you back up the eMMC using Hekate before you do anything to it. That way you can always get back to current state. There are several Kiosk threads here that you can jump into.

this one seems to be the most relevan:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-weird-switch-demo-unit.560877/

kingofsactown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Thanks!
Can you please share the instructions on how to get it to boot to the orginal firmware?

Smashthony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guess I just got a kiosk v2 and oled, I got them all to boot into Cfw through Hekate but I can’t boot into ofw is there anyway to reset it to be able to use it normally for online and stuff?

ItzMeGab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guess I just got a kiosk v2 and oled, I got them all to boot into Cfw through Hekate but I can’t boot into ofw is there anyway to reset it to be able to use it normally for online and stuff?
Are you able to install pirated games on that demo unit?

renkonen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Thanks!
Seems like a lot of people are not posting about the OP's problem, but I have the same issue here. I believe my switch is patched according to the serial. Trying to get it to display the kiosk/demo stuff again. Would appreciate any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it