Nintendo Switch firmware update 10.0.2 is now available

dasdasda.png

Nintendo continues its train of minor fixes to the 10.x.x line of system software. This time, it isn't just stability mentioned in the patch notes. Nintendo has fixed a prior issue where newly synced Switch Pro Controllers would operate with incorrect analogue stick inputs, which is now resolved thanks to the newly-released firmware version 10.0.2. Other than that, there's the standard stability improvements hidden within the update, per usual.

Ver. 10.0.2 (Released April 29, 2020)
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following:
We have fixed an issue where a Nintendo Switch console with system menu version 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 does not set up a new Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, sometimes causing incorrect joystick control.

:arrow: Source

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This did actually fix something, people were reporting stick drift with brand new pro controllers in firmware 10, this finally addresses the software issue behind that.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I, for one, am actually excited about this update! If I understand it correctly, we finally won't have to keep reconnecting our pro controller (which kept suddenly having the right thumbstick defaulting tilted up, super annoying!). Hooray!!!

D

Deleted User

Ver. 10.0.2 (Released April 29, 2020)

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following:
We have fixed an issue where a Nintendo Switch console with system menu version 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 does not set up a new Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, sometimes causing incorrect joystick control.

me: not worth update until CFW stop working or Games require that FW Version

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to place my bets and say this but dont be surprised if one day Nintendo blocks future CFW. All of these updates are for nothing they are working overtime to patch it .

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
how about they dont fuck with controller modules. They worked fine on 9.x. Leave the shit alone.
I disagree; there is room for improvement. For example pairing over usb in tablet mode or idk maybe a temporary fix for joycon drift so one doesnt have to have them detached all the time...

Jibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive only just updated ....now ive got to do it again.
I might just leave it until i need to do it .

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell Nintendo, I just updated everything.

Poor you. I didn't update everything. I knew they would update sooner or so. Be wise. Dont rush. I seen people here update too quicker. Not wise.

Unless they aren't using CFW then that's fine. If use CFW, then be patient and stay with previous version since many new games require the higher firmware aren't available yet.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way. They can't. :D

I'm pretty sure they can because Sony did it with 5.05

Poor you. I didn't update everything. I knew they would update sooner or so. Be wise. Dont rush. I seen people here update too quicker. Not wise.

Unless they aren't using CFW then that's fine. If use CFW, then be patient and stay with previous version since many new games require the higher firmware aren't available yet.

Agreed still on 9.1.0 everything works

Last edited by Goku1992A,
Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44