Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.3 released

gkQj6UD.png

In the midst of the recent DMCA claims against Switch homebrew, Nintendo has also been busy working on a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. System software version 16.0.3 is available to download, bringing only the expected stability. SwitchBrew has created an entry for this new update, while SciresM is yet to confirm if this impacts Atmosphere CFW in any way.

[UPDATE] Atmosphere is indeed impacted by this firmware, do not update until further notice.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Zelda doesn't need FW 15+... Cause I'm on FW 15.0.0 and it's working fine and have it updated to V1.1.0...

I just installed the .XCI version and installed the update on top with tinfoil.
Tinfoil can install the update on Firmware 15 if you have convert to standard crypto on, but every other title installer will give you a corrupt spinning icon if you are not on firmware 16

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better to be on firmware16 plus now because i noticed zelda isnt the only game that didnt work when I was running 14

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil can install the update on Firmware 15 if you have convert to standard crypto on, but every other title installer will give you a corrupt spinning icon if you are not on firmware 16
No idea, I use default tinfoil settings, the Zelda NSP is the one that perhaps doesn't work on FW 15 (no idea), but the .XCI works and the update 1.1.0 also is working fine.

Now when they make a next update I'm smelling it likely will require a FW above 15.0.0...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work