Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

iKing_PR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My worst decision ever.... player Astral Chain before release date then go online to buy something in the store forgetting completely of what I did.... so yeah good for me lol

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that's pretty much what I assumed. There is so much inaccurate info about bans.
There is. Plenty of people on this site scare newcomers by saying "there's a risk of being banned". Technically yes but no one was banned for running Atmosphere on a legit clean system. I've used JKSV and custom themes for what seems like 2 years and did not get ban. All of the bans came from people who pirated games. Very few cheated games like Splatoon 2 or Smash Ultimate and got specific title ban but can still access online on other games + eshop. Pokemon is safe to hack. Just keep legal pokemon. Dont hack in shiny pokemon that isnt available like mythicals

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Newcrossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!

Just a beginner question, is there a risk of being ban if i'm dumping the payload everytime with my computer to access the CFW (atmosphere) and i download games with tinfoil? (do i need to be online to access the shop? Is not using airplane mode is safe with this method?)

Then if i want to play online with friends, i just have to go back to the original firmware by rebooting my switch. Is it possible? Is it risky?

Thanks all lot, sorry for bothering i'm trying to understand the risk of doing it.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Just a beginner question, is there a risk of being ban if i'm dumping the payload everytime with my computer to access the CFW (atmosphere) and i download games with tinfoil? (do i need to be online to access the shop? Is not using airplane mode is safe with this method?)

Then if i want to play online with friends, i just have to go back to the original firmware by rebooting my switch. Is it possible? Is it risky?

Thanks all lot, sorry for bothering i'm trying to understand the risk of doing it.
any sort of piracy will ban your switch in just a couple days. What you're supposed to do is use hekate to create a emuMMC, blank the prodinfo and then start downloading/installing any games you want. You can boot back to regular switch known as sysMMC to play your legit games online and still access the eshop. If you installed tinfoil without any method of blocking Nintendo connection, you might've risk your switch to getting banned in a few days. Using airplane mode doesnt help if you still enable internet connection.

Newcrossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
any sort of piracy will ban your switch in just a couple days. What you're supposed to do is use hekate to create a emuMMC, blank the prodinfo and then start downloading/installing any games you want. You can boot back to regular switch known as sysMMC to play your legit games online and still access the eshop. If you installed tinfoil without any method of blocking Nintendo connection, you might've risk your switch to getting banned in a few days. Using airplane mode doesnt help if you still enable internet connection.
Thanks for the answer that was clear, how do i blank the prod_info to be sure i'm invisible to nintendo servers?

How can I download games with Tinfoil when i'm on airplane mode on the emuMMC? (and can i go back to sysMMC just by rebooting my switch?)

Thanks for everything

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer that was clear, how do i blank the prod_info to be sure i'm invisible to nintendo servers?

How can I download games with Tinfoil when i'm on airplane mode on the emuMMC? (and can i go back to sysMMC just by rebooting my switch?)

Thanks for everything
You can enable 90DNS instead. Its easier to setup * disable plus it works on both CFW and OFW. And you can't download games in Airplane Mode. You would have to disable it. Lastly, you can boot into sysMMC by rebooting your console.

Newcrossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can enable 90DNS instead. Its easier to setup * disable plus it works on both CFW and OFW. And you can't download games in Airplane Mode. You would have to disable it. Lastly, you can boot into sysMMC by rebooting your console.

Thanks for answering!

Is it better to combine 90DNS with blanking the prod_info?

Is it risky to connect my emuMMC to my wifi to download games with tinfoil?

Would i still be able to play online on the sysMMC without risk?

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for bothering you!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering!

Is it better to combine 90DNS with blanking the prod_info?

Is it risky to connect my emuMMC to my wifi to download games with tinfoil?

Would i still be able to play online on the sysMMC without risk?

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for bothering you!
You don't need to combine 90DNS with anything else to make it more effective. Its designed to work by itself. It doesn't offer any additional protection when used together. Also I only ever use TinWoo Installer to install all my games offline via USB so that is what I find safest. And as long as you never go online while using CFW/homebrew, you won't be banned.

Newcrossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to combine 90DNS with anything else to make it more effective. Its designed to work by itself. It doesn't offer any additional protection when used together. Also I only ever use TinWoo Installer to install all my games offline via USB so that is what I find safest. And as long as you never go online while using CFW/homebrew, you won't be banned.
Oh thanks but if i want to play online without the risk of being ban could i use the original firmware (the sysMMC)? And is the 90DNS used for both emuMMC and sysMMC?

Thank you, you're helping me so much

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks but if i want to play online without the risk of being ban could i use the original firmware (the sysMMC)? And is the 90DNS used for both emuMMC and sysMMC?

Thank you, you're helping me so much
Like I said, you will only risk getting banned if you go online with CFW/homebrew. If you never go online with CFW/homebrew, you will never get banned. You can do whatever you want as long as its not that. As for 90DNS, its a DNS setting so its applied to the Wi-Fi settings. Both emuMMC and sysMMC have their own Wi-Fi settings.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, you will only risk getting banned if you go online with CFW/homebrew. If you never go online with CFW/homebrew, you will never get banned. You can do whatever you want as long as its not that. As for 90DNS, its a DNS setting so its applied to the Wi-Fi settings. Both emuMMC and sysMMC have their own Wi-Fi settings.
people say this all the time about how you won't get banned unless you pirate or cheat but has anybody ever actually tried playing a game like warframe with the switch overclocked ( since people claim overclocking is "safe" ban wise) for better graphics (dynamic resolution) and performance?

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this question was asked before, but I was following the Rentry where it told me to use DNS MITM, Exosphere, and Incognito to avoid a ban on EmuNAND. I've already gotten a few games but I realized that I haven't been using 90DNS.

The Rentry guide said that 90DNS isn't necessary to put on but should I still have it on with all the other stuff?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this question was asked before, but I was following the Rentry where it told me to use DNS MITM, Exosphere, and Incognito to avoid a ban on EmuNAND. I've already gotten a few games but I realized that I haven't been using 90DNS.

The Rentry guide said that 90DNS isn't necessary to put on but should I still have it on with all the other stuff?
That guide is not good if its telling you to use all 3 for no real reason. You don't gain any special protection by having all of them enabled. Just use one of them and that's good enough. I would avoid using Incognito but dns.mitm, exosphere, or 90DNS are all good by themselves.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

You wont get banned with just:

Dual boot
Exosphere

100% safe

It's that's simple

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
90dns makes everything so SLOW and I would argue it's not easier.

Changing one value in a file is a lot easier and more reliable than having to manually punch in DNS settings for each and every connection you have

Reactions: xIce101x

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been reading a lot and it seems that nobody has been banned for extracting and restoring saves on SysNAND, I've been playing PLA on EmuNAND and I'm likely to get my copy tomorrow, I've been playing for almost 40 hours so I want to restore that save, I want to use the "copy files to NAND" method, but I'm a little worried about mismatched times, but this doesn't seem to be an actual problem, right?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading a lot and it seems that nobody has been banned for extracting and restoring saves on SysNAND, I've been playing PLA on EmuNAND and I'm likely to get my copy tomorrow, I've been playing for almost 40 hours so I want to restore that save, I want to use the "copy files to NAND" method, but I'm a little worried about mismatched times, but this doesn't seem to be an actual problem, right?
Well if I had a way of incorporating that into my form, it may be more easily discernible but I don't have any cataloged bans due to that specific reason. If any were to be reported, they would have been in that thread. In any case, while no one has been banned yet, that doesn't automatically make it safe because Legends Arceus is a new game so it may have new telemetry that we aren't aware of yet.

Reactions: Azmort

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well if I had a way of incorporating that into my form, it may be more easily discernible but I don't have any cataloged bans due to that specific reason. If any were to be reported, they would have been in that thread. In any case, while no one has been banned yet, that doesn't automatically make it safe because Legends Arceus is a new game so it may have new telemetry that we aren't aware of yet.
Ok, thanks, it seems that people have done that before on other games and haven't been banned, it's true what you say about it being a new game, but i don't see a reason to not have implemented that theoretical new telemetry before. I will think if I do it in the meanwhile, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended