Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a screenshot of my hekate configuration
1641675966988-png.292887

I know I booted in sys but I don't know if I booted on my sysStock or sysCfw and if it was SysCfw I don't know if it was with the red square part on my screenshot (nosigchk, noldrchk)
Well it says emuMMC so I'm willing to bet it booted emuMMC. It also says fss0 so it was most likely CFW.

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere gives all users an exosphere.ini by default but that doesn't mean PRODINFO blanking is enabled. You have to check by going into the .ini file. You definitely do not need both as you don't get any extra added protection. Furthermore, if you're that paranoid about needing both, you're better off disabling Wi-Fi settings altogether. Lastly, its only safe to go online if you've never used CFW/homebrew.
I checked the ini file and at the bottom, there are two blank_prodinfo set in 1

So exosphere is in both sysnand and emunand now?

Last edited by jigoku99,

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well it says emuMMC so I'm willing to bet it booted emuMMC. It also says fss0 so it was most likely CFW.
I really don't think it was emu since it's having the dark theme and my emummc have the opposite theme
but it's not mandatory that it followed the "CFW emuMMC" line.

When I launched hekate, I just saw the logo of hekate for a couple of second and it close itself. After that I pressed the power button and I saw the sysnand. I don't know if it was a normal booting and hekate was effectively closed or if it's hekate who decided to open my sysnand.

if it's the second case I don't know if it was sys stock or sys cfw

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the ini file and at the bottom, there are two blank_prodinfo set in 1

So exosphere is in both sysnand and emunand now?
Its applied whenever you boot CFW so you should uninstall Incognito while you're ahead because you don't need it.
I really don't think it was emu since it's having the dark theme and my emummc have the opposite theme
but it's not mandatory that it followed the "CFW emuMMC" line.

When I launched hekate, I just saw the logo of hekate for a couple of second and it close itself. After that I pressed the power button and I saw the sysnand. I don't know if it was a normal booting and hekate was effectively closed or if it's hekate who decided to open my sysnand.

if it's the second case I don't know if it was sys stock or sys cfw
Well unless you had a custom theme that would only be applied in CFW, we'll never be able to tell.

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its applied whenever you boot CFW so you should uninstall Incognito while you're ahead because you don't need it.

Well unless you had a custom theme that would only be applied in CFW, we'll never be able to tell.
Oops my bad, I was confusing Incognito with exosphere because the video I watched called "incognito mode" to the exosphere method. Searching how to uninstall it, I noticed that I never used Incognito RCM or Tinfoil, just the exosphere.ini file

I don't have Incognito, I only have 90dns and exosphere in the console. So, should I connect the console to the internet on stock sysnand?

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

it was not a custom theme, in vanilla switch you can have the dark or light theme, my sysnand is having the dark theme and my emunand the light theme. So it's sure at 100% that I was in my sysnand, the thing I can't understand is if it was me or hekate who booted inside the sysnand, and if it was sysstock or syscfw

And with the config file screenshot I gave I don't know if i'm in trouble or not. I don't know if there was sigpatches applied to my sysnand for a moment (even if I was in airplane mode)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was not a custom theme, in vanilla switch you can have the dark or light theme, my sysnand is having the dark theme and my emunand the light theme. So it's sure at 100% that I was in my sysnand, the thing I can't understand is if it was me or hekate who booted inside the sysnand.

And with the config file screenshot I gave I don't know if i'm in trouble or not. I don't know if there was sigpatches applied to my sysnand for a moment (even if I was in airplane mode)
The kip1patch=nosigchk is only 1/3 of the patches. The other 2/3 of the patches are located in the /exefs patches and the patches.ini file in the /bootloader folder.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The kip1patch=nosigchk is only 1/3 of the patches. The other 2/3 of the patches are located in the /exefs patches and the patches.ini file in the /bootloader folder.

Yeah, it was here, but do you think I booted in syscfw or systock ?
The line you are quoting is under the emunand section so it may not be applied ?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I tried to update atmosphere and sigpatches because I was in an older version and it cause me a lot of headeaches since I was having a lot of problems.

I tried to download the "pack" of someone but instead of replacing everything, I keeped my old hekate.ini.pl
View attachment 292887

I go on hekate and I see the hekate logo for a couple of sec and it close himself. I panic and push the power button and it seem that i'm in my sysnand but I panic an other time and close quickly.

So I don't know if I booted in Sys Stock, Sys Cfw or even worse, Sys cfw with the kip1patch enabled

Someone can explain me what happened ?
Having signature patches enabled on sysnand should normaly not result in any problems or flags, unless you also install nsps/xcis with them. Only things like prod info blanking/incognito have a chance of resulting in problems by just booting cfw, since the spoofed serial might end up in some logs.
It's even relatively safe to use atmosphere on sysnand with tools like sys-clk, sysdvr, tesla overlays or most homebrew via title overwrite/album, as long as you won't install nsps or cheat/mod games online, so don't think too much about accidentally booting sysnand, it's probably fine.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Having signature patches enabled on sysnand should normaly not result in any problems or flags, unless you also install nsps/xcis with them. Only things like prod info blanking/incognito have a chance of resulting in problems by just booting cfw, since the spoofed serial might end up in some logs.
It's even relatively safe to use atmosphere on sysnand with tools like sys-clk, sysdvr, tesla overlays or most homebrew via title overwrite/album, as long as you won't install nsps or cheat/mod games online, so don't think too much about accidentally booting sysnand, it's probably fine.
oh my god thanks a lot, please I don't want to bother you but may you check exactly what I downloaded and tell me what you think?

I downloaded this pack (erista) https://switchway.xyz/update-atmosphere-cfw
but I keeped my hekate.ini.pl

1641675966988-png.292887

I launched hekate, I saw the logo for 3 sec and it fade out, I pressed the power button directly and I saw the switch booting without any atmosphere logo. I saw I was on my sysnand but directly closed my switch (even if I was on airplane mode).

Please if you have time can you tell me what happened ? Did I booted in stock or cfw ? If it was cfw, did my sigpatches got used ? Did My serial got blanked ? What am I risking ?

I know i'm asking a lot of questions but this is stressing a lot of me right now

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oops my bad, I was confusing Incognito with exosphere because the video I watched called "incognito mode" to the exosphere method. Searching how to uninstall it, I noticed that I never used Incognito RCM or Tinfoil, just the exosphere.ini file

I don't have Incognito, I only have 90dns and exosphere in the console. So, should I connect the console to the internet on stock sysnand?
If it was enabled for both nands be careful. If any logs got created with the spoofed firmware in sysnand, it might result in a ban, but restoring an older backup could result in one, of the switch was online after the creation of it.
Could still be safe, since atmosphere blocks many types of telemetry, but I'm not sure if the creation of everything is blocked that uses the serial.
Also disable blanking on sysnand, if you plan to go online with it. It's not a good idea to have it enabled for the online nand, since accidentally booting it might screw one otherwise.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh my god thanks a lot, please I don't want to bother you but may you check exactly what I downloaded and tell me what you think?

I downloaded this pack (erista) https://switchway.xyz/update-atmosphere-cfw
but I keeped my hekate.ini.pl

1641675966988-png.292887

I launched hekate, I saw the logo for 3 sec and it fade out, I pressed the power button directly and I saw the switch booting without any atmosphere logo. I saw I was on my sysnand but directly closed my switch (even if I was on airplane mode).

Please if you have time can you tell me what happened ? Did I booted in stock or cfw ? If it was cfw, did my sigpatches got used ? Did My serial got blanked ? What am I risking ?

I know i'm asking a lot of questions but this is stressing a lot of me right now
The blanking would only be enabled, if it was enabled in the exosphere.ini, so you would need to check that file.
What it tried to boot depends on hekates autoboot setting, but since there was no atmosphere logo, it might be hekate stock option, so stock nintendo normal modules, but with exosphere loaded. I don't know if exosphere configs are used in this mode through.

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The blanking would only be enabled, if it was enabled in the exosphere.ini, so you would need to check that file.
What it tried to boot depends on hekates autoboot setting, but since there was no atmosphere logo, it might be hekate stock option, so stock nintendo normal modules, but with exosphere loaded. I don't know if exosphere configs are used in this mode through.
1641686643341.png

This was the exosphere file

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was enabled for both nands be careful. If any logs got created with the spoofed firmware in sysnand, it might result in a ban, but restoring an older backup could result in one, of the switch was online after the creation of it.
Could still be safe, since atmosphere blocks many types of telemetry, but I'm not sure if the creation of everything is blocked that uses the serial.
Also disable blanking on sysnand, if you plan to go online with it. It's not a good idea to have it enabled for the online nand, since accidentally booting it might screw one otherwise.

What logs are you referring, like error messages? Until now I haven't had anything. I remembering having crashes in Atmosphere but in emunand and because the file manager.
Ok, I'll unmark blank info on sysnand. Is it necessary to recover the original nand after that? And what if I decide to use CFW sysnand for whatever reason (probably not, but who knows), should I set 1 again on the ini file?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 292908

This was the exosphere file
Well I see blank_prodinfo set to 1 for both sysMMC and emuMMC but again, these would only have been applied if you booted CFW. If you didn't boot CFW, your PRODINFO wouldn't have been blanked.
What logs are you referring, like error messages? Until now I haven't had anything. I remembering having crashes in Atmosphere but in emunand and because the file manager.
Ok, I'll unmark blank info on sysnand. Is it necessary to recover the original nand after that? And what if I decide to use CFW sysnand for whatever reason (probably not, but who knows), should I set 1 again on the ini file?
Logs can be anything including error messages. Just booting the console up creates logs. Its also only necessary to restore an eMMC backup if the console is bricked or its clean and you plan on going online. If your console isn't bricked and/or is clean (meaning never ran CFW/homebrew), then there is no need. Also enabling PRODINFO blanking before running CFW on sysMMC isn't useful since the logs will persist even if you're not online and will be transmitted to Nintendo once you go online again.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well I see blank_prodinfo set to 1 for both sysMMC and emuMMC but again, these would only have been applied if you booted CFW. If you didn't boot CFW, your PRODINFO wouldn't have been blanked.

Logs can be anything including error messages. Just booting the console up creates logs. Its also only necessary to restore an eMMC backup if the console is bricked or its clean and you plan on going online. If your console isn't bricked and/or is clean (meaning never ran CFW/homebrew), then there is no need. Also enabling PRODINFO blanking before running CFW on sysMMC isn't useful since the logs will persist even if you're not online and will be transmitted to Nintendo once you go online again.

If it was the worst case scenario and I booted cfw with prodinfo blanked/sigpatches on, rebooted on sys stock before even getting online, do you think I will get banned ? You was on this thread for a long time now, did someone reported to get banned after something similar ?

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When I boot CFW sysnand by accident, I ran a mod on an offline game, and also had reversenx settings enabled in the background (but it was installed in emunand). I suppose my sysnand is dirty now just by that

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was the worst case scenario and I booted cfw with prodinfo blanked/sigpatches on, rebooted on sys stock before even getting online, do you think I will get banned ? You was on this thread for a long time now, did someone reported to get banned after something similar ?
I cannot honestly answer that question because I don't determine who gets banned. The only entity responsible for that is Nintendo. What I can say is that all bans are due to people running CFW/homebrew. There is no guarantee you will or will not be banned.
When I boot CFW sysnand by accident, I ran a mod on an offline game, and also had reversenx settings enabled in the background (but it was installed in emunand). I suppose my sysnand is dirty now just by that
Well no point crying over spilled milk. What's done is done.

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot honestly answer that question because I don't determine who gets banned. The only entity responsible for that is Nintendo. What I can say is that all bans are due to people running CFW/homebrew. There is no guarantee you will or will not be banned.

Well no point crying over spilled milk. What's done is done.
what can I do now, some people say playing with mods offline isn't bad at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free