Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Valkynes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Has anyone gotten banned for editing BotW save file? I recently read that it has telemetry. I'm not doing much other than give myself a small bump in rupees and some mon.

I'm playing on ofw/stock.

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
had my switch on 90dns from the jump on wifi put it in my dock after updating its firwmare but didn't do the same with wired connections on the dock it connected online and uploaded some saves to the cloud detects that i've played on a different switch on my account didn't do any hacking so not sure if its a matter of time but the launch switch is still unbanned (has only been a few days) was docked to my OLED switch dock where it went to the server what matter of time until the OG switch is banned? I never hacked any saves etc and most of the games were ones I owned

It's now been rectified but i was wondering when i booted the OG on atmosphere and got new news updates when I had 90dns from the jump

Reactions: apiso

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone gotten banned for editing BotW save file? I recently read that it has telemetry. I'm not doing much other than give myself a small bump in rupees and some mon.

I'm playing on ofw/stock.
there is a "no telemetry" patch for botw, just google it.

Valkynes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
there is a "no telemetry" patch for botw, just google it.
I already knew about this, I followed the guide but how do I "install" it once setup is complete? Do I need some sort of cfw app to install it from the switch?
In the guide it says mods are automatically applied in cfw, in my initial post I said I'm playing on ofw, not sure if this applies to patches.

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already knew about this, I followed the guide but how do I "install" it once setup is complete? Do I need some sort of cfw app to install it from the switch?
In the guide it says mods are automatically applied in cfw, in my initial post I said I'm playing on ofw, not sure if this applies to patches.
You have to boot into your cfw for game patches. If you put in in the correct folder, it'll load the patch.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
no problem. i assume your switch is patched and you can't boot into atmosphere? If you can though, don't worry. I have been using mods for botw for more than 2 years now and nothing happened so far.
It is always a risk using mods/cfw/homebrew in sysMMC while you're online. It is recommended to set up an emuMMC for stuff like this.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is always a risk using mods/cfw/homebrew in sysMMC while you're online. It is recommended to set up an emuMMC for stuff like this.
the risk is so low its just almost not even worth worrying about being banned if youre running cfw on sysMMC. I have been using custom themes and checkpoint/edizon/jksv to restore/backup saves for years. Mods on single player games as well. Even the atmosphere devs pointed out the list of things that trigger a ban. Its all mostly piracy that will get you banned

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the risk is so low its just almost not even worth worrying about being banned if youre running cfw on sysMMC. I have been using custom themes and checkpoint/edizon/jksv to restore/backup saves for years. Mods on single player games as well. Even the atmosphere devs pointed out the list of things that trigger a ban. Its all mostly piracy that will get you banned
I would even say that emunand might increase the chances of user error unnecessary, in simple homebrew only scenarios.

Valkynes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
no problem. i assume your switch is patched and you can't boot into atmosphere? If you can though, don't worry. I have been using mods for botw for more than 2 years now and nothing happened so far.
Oh no it's not patched and I already launched into atmosphere, but the only thing I did was launch JKSV and edit my Pokemon save, I'm trying to avoid using unnecessary cfw or boot into it as much as much as possible since I value online play with smash and splatoon.

And thank you again for telling me this, always good to hear other's experiences on what we can do and what we can't. Though for zelda I did as much searching as I can and I have no heard of anyone getting banned for it, but I'm trying to be cautious.

Reactions: enzonahuy

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would even say that emunand might increase the chances of user error unnecessary, in simple homebrew only scenarios.

The whole point of emunand/mmc is staying offline though, or not connecting to nintendos servers.
If you do it basically defeats the purpose.
As for save file editing, the safest way if you wanted to change saves on the sysmmc would probably be opening up checkpoint through emummc which has access to all saves then editing from their. Either way its not likely to cause bans, although early on their had been a few reports.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The whole point of emunand/mmc is staying offline though, or not connecting to nintendos servers.
If you do it basically defeats the purpose.
As for save file editing, the safest way if you wanted to change saves on the sysmmc would probably be opening up checkpoint through emummc which has access to all saves then editing from their. Either way its not likely to cause bans, although early on their had been a few reports.
Originallly it was actually designed for the opposite. It was originally added to atmosphere to allow you to be on the most recent firmware to go online, while being able to stay on a vulnerable firmware version on sysnand.
The hole point of how atmospheres is structured, like using title overwrite for homebrew, blocking error and creport telemetry, having no signature patched included and more is in part to allow people to go online in cfw, and not needing to boot into stock.
Also I'm now in cfw while going online for multiple years on both of my switches, and no ban yet. Did manual save game transfers between the systems, used sys-clk and Sys-dvr while playing splatoon and other games online and more. I just always stayed on the safe side and never installed any roms. I also helped friends to mod their switches, all sysnand and homebrew only, no ban there either.

About save game editing, how would you access sysnand saves from emunand? Save games aren't on the SD card, they are on the sysnand itself. Or is there a way for homebrew to circumvent the redirect patches?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Originallly it was actually designed for the opposite. It was originally added to atmosphere to allow you to be on the most recent firmware to go online, while being able to stay on a vulnerable firmware version on sysnand.
The hole point of how atmospheres is structured, like using title overwrite for homebrew, blocking error and creport telemetry, having no signature patched included and more is in part to allow people to go online in cfw, and not needing to boot into stock.
Also I'm now in cfw while going online for multiple years on both of my switches, and no ban yet. Did manual save game transfers between the systems, used sys-clk and Sys-dvr while playing splatoon and other games online and more. I just always stayed on the safe side and never installed any roms. I also helped friends to mod their switches, all sysnand and homebrew only, no ban there either.

About save game editing, how would you access sysnand saves from emunand? Save games aren't on the SD card, they are on the sysnand itself. Or is there a way for homebrew to circumvent the redirect patches?

Ya I remember the intended purpose of emunand, going past even the switches lifetime. My thought process though is that since fusee gelee & trinkets, not a lot of people are hanging onto a notion they need to keep low firmware, maybe a vast minority on 1.0 for value. Id imagine most emummcs nowdays are used to prevent bricks or keep the nand clean.
As for emummc you cant technically access the sysnand directly, but on initial creation you can back up the duplicate saves with editors & edit those. Using tools like hackmountdisc you can get them back onto sysnand. Its a bit of a tedious process & probably considering how few people have been banned recently for save editing, not worth the extra trouble.

BeckysFootSlave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Draxzelex @everyone

Hello from Germany,

I'm fairly new to the whole switch scene (just since three weeks), and because it is very interesting I started to read many things!

I downloaded a complete "finished" pack and hacked my switch with it, but I also started to "deconstruct" that pack to find out how anything works!

I investigated many time into dns, bans and security to help others and myself to avoid getting banned!

I really don't like 90dns!
The idea is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't like to waste the DNS settings for a service that isn't on my device!
And the next thing is: how secure is it if you change networks?

Atmosphere brings anything I need to protect my switch (locally) no matter witch network!

I started to setup the settings of atmosphere and, because I think this is exactly the right thread for it, I would really appreciate it if you could take a look into all the files I put together and give me feedback please!
Tell me if it's good, if it's bad and, most importantly, if I missed something to make it better!

I think it would help many others to protect their device from being banned (I really hope it), and I also hope we can work together to make it even better! (FEEDBACK!!!)

OK! What is it doing?

1. Activated many things in system_settings.ini (atmosphere/config/)

2. Exosphere.ini (sd root)

3. override_settings.ini (atmosphere/config/ (set to R-Button))

4. "good" hosts file (atmosphere/hosts/ (default.txt and emummc.txt (both contain the same))

Hosts is what I would call "extreme" blocking thanks to * usage!
Example:

127.0.0.1 switch.*
127.0.0.1 switch*.*
127.0.0.1 *switch.*
127.0.0.1 *switch*.*

Same with nintendo!

Made a exception for the HB-AppStore because the url is switchbru(dot) com and is BLOCKED because of the setup of the example above!
Now the appstore can be opened and used!

BLOCKED also some game servers for online gaming (just in case)

BLOCKED Google tracking and analytics

BLOCKED many YouTube ads servers! (if you use the patched YouTube app in cfw)
"This is still under testing and development)

As I said I'm not a fan of 90dns and now (with dns_mitm) I was able to set both DNS to cloudflare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) because I am also no fan of fu... Google!
(what files are all related to 90dns? Would like to get completly rid of it? 90dns tester is deleted in switch folder, but it's there more?)

Well! That's it!

If you want to use it just copy all files out of the zip into the root of your SD and overwrite everything!
If you want to see if it's working just go to sd:/atmosphere/logs/ and open the log file in there!

If you want to help! You are welcome!

Attachments

• atmosphere_settings_dns.zip
    10 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by BeckysFootSlave,
Reactions: Robru1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year