Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out my Switch was banned. It's a launch model, and I've had it for almost 5 years without issue. I'm running dual emunand (one for Atmos, one for SXOS). It's also hardmodded with a trinket chip, and I've been mostly using SXOS the most with airplane mode always enabled. I never ran any homebrew on sysnand, so not sure how the hell it got flagged for ban. The only thing I can think of is recently I was in Atmos and enabled wifi to ftp over some files, and didn't have 90dns because I thought there was some sort of built-in stealth mode in Atmos like in SXOS. Sucks, but it is what it is I guess.

Reactions: Fadzly

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out my Switch was banned. It's a launch model, and I've had it for almost 5 years without issue. I'm running dual emunand (one for Atmos, one for SXOS). It's also hardmodded with a trinket chip, and I've been mostly using SXOS the most with airplane mode always enabled. I never ran any homebrew on sysnand, so not sure how the hell it got flagged for ban. The only thing I can think of is recently I was in Atmos and enabled wifi to ftp over some files, and didn't have 90dns because I thought there was some sort of built-in stealth mode in Atmos like in SXOS. Sucks, but it is what it is I guess.
oof never connect emunand to the internet that's what i've learn from some people

Reactions: digipimp75

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So huh, I'll jump straight to the point: Can I go online with Atmo on a clean SysNAND? I just want to play OW with my Dualsense controller instead of the classic controller.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Also, I'm using MissionControl to use my pads on Emunand, but I'm always scared to go online on CFW on Sysnand even with something such as that
I've used missioncontrol on smash and mario kart online. MissionControl is just emulating a Pro controller so its not a problem at all

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I just connected to the internet on cfw sysnand, but connection failed because I forgot 90dns was on xD

I suppose my console didn't connected to Nintendo, but I'm not sure if it would be great idea to disable 90dns

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Generally, I'm always on Air plane mode in CFW. However... I accidentally launched emummc (Atmosphere cfw) while my Lan adapter was connected. I didn't launch any apps or games and immediately turn off the console.
Now, a few games from emummc appear on my Playtime activity on SysNAND (OFW). Is it dangerous?

So what's the plan? :
A) Should I restore the NAND with my clean NAND backup? It might be worse considering that it's a really old one (around 2017, so early version)
B) On ofw, delete the games' playtime and then boot up 20 other games that I own to "flush the few games"?
C) Do nothing and hope I survive?

I also turned off "Auto-connect" from the LAN settings to be sure it'll never happen again.

Edit : After reading, option A isn't recommended. It'll for sure result into a ban.

Last edited by Hayro,

kychqi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Generally, I'm always on Air plane mode in CFW. However... I accidentally launched emummc (Atmosphere cfw) while my Lan adapter was connected. I didn't launch any apps or games and immediately turn off the console.
Now, a few games from emummc appear on my Playtime activity on SysNAND (OFW). Is it dangerous?

So what's the plan? :
A) Should I restore the NAND with my clean NAND backup? It might be worse considering that it's a really old one (around 2017, so early version)
B) On ofw, delete the games' playtime and then boot up 20 other games that I own to "flush the few games"?

I also turned off "Auto-connect" from the LAN settings to be sure it'll never happen again.
Similar boat here, worse actually.

Accidentally didn't set up emummc properly, installed tinfoil and nsps on atmosphere cfw sysmmc, had all the ban protections in cfw, booted into ofw and realised I wasn't on emummc, already connected to wifi, didn't open anything, turned off wifi, uninstalled everything non-legit then shut down. I have a clean sysnand backup from a few days ago, is it better to restore that or hope for the best as well.

kychqi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

So what's the plan? :

Edit : After reading, option A isn't recommended. It'll for sure result into a ban.
Is option A bad because your backup is old? Or is it just that restoring a backup doesn't help with bans period.

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would say because it's old (like 3-4 years old). If yours is recent, you should probably restore it.
Wait for some other advices before you do anything tho.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So what's the plan? :

1) If you have never installed an NSP and have never used obvious cheats while playing an online game, there is zero risk thus far, of getting banned in CFW sysnand.

2) There is NO WAY playtime on emmc shows games that you have only installed and played on emummc.

You are either lying, or you've made mistakes that you don't even realize that you've made. What does your hekate_ipl.ini look like?

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what you mean for hekate_ipl.ini. Is it how I boot into cfw?
I use Rekado + fusee.bin.

About the playtime, I think that I know what may happened. Gonna try to resume :
- My Switch has Smash Bros Ultimate inserted
- Boot up into Atmosphere CFW (rekado + fusee.bin)
- I'm on Atmosphere CFW (regular homepage screen)
- Put the Switch in the dock
- LAN adapter activated despite Air Plane mode
- I checked my userpage profile and saw Smash bros at 2000 hours in the playtime history (which is strange because I usually play it online on OFW)
- Immediately disconnected the console

Here's my guess. When I accidentally connected to Internet (due to the LAN adapter), it updated the News channel and my Profile account on cfw. The "profile account update" only affected the playtime history.
They added + updated my Smash Bros playtime to my history. I just realized that MK8D doesn't appear on CFW games playtime while I played it recently on OFW.

It makes sense considering that CFW-side (emummc?) and OFW-side (emmc or SysNAND?) are separated.
So in the end, it only added Smash Bros playtime on my cfw profile (because cartridge inserted + lan adapter) and I got scared?

Going schizo with all this lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pretindo already at 73% lol