Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Nierob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hackable Switch that got banned but not my account. I want to sell my un-patched Switch and buy a new one to play online with my GF. I am selling it as I found out that the hackable Switches are actually pretty valuable. If I move my account to the new Switch, will the new Switch get banned as well?

Thank you.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hackable Switch that got banned but not my account. I want to sell my un-patched Switch and buy a new one to play online with my GF. I am selling it as I found out that the hackable Switches are actually pretty valuable. If I move my account to the new Switch, will the new Switch get banned as well?

Thank you.
Highly unlikely.

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!
Im trying to get my switch online again.
I did a boot0/1 restore as well as a clean nand restore.
Is there still risk of getting banned(i expect a yes) and how likely has it been through the years?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!
Im trying to get my switch online again.
I did a boot0/1 restore as well as a clean nand restore.
Is there still risk of getting banned(i expect a yes) and how likely has it been through the years?

if the switch has gone online at all since the clean nand backup was made, yes you will eventually get banned as logs synced with Nintendo won’t line up.

If the switch has never touched Nintendo servers while on CFW, emuNAND, or clean sysnand (OFW) [after the backup was made] then I doubt it.

I sold a switch recently that I tested CFW on and restored a clean NAND backup on (almost two years ago) to someone who will be using it stock for legit play and I am not worried about it getting banned.

Reactions: alirezay

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the switch has gone online at all since the clean nand backup was made, yes you will eventually get banned as logs synced with Nintendo won’t line up.

If the switch has never touched Nintendo servers while on CFW, emuNAND, or clean sysnand (OFW) [after the backup was made] then I doubt it.

I sold a switch recently that I tested CFW on and restored a clean NAND backup on (almost two years ago) to someone who will be using it stock for legit play and I am not worried about it getting banned.
It was never connected (or even burnt a fuse) while it was hacked. i tried to be very safe.(i even disconnected it and did a factory reset before i started the whole process)
it seems completely fine now, so i guess im good for now.
thanks for your help!

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone managed to transfer an edited Animal Crossing save file to sysNAND and play online with it, without getting banned? If yes, what did you edit? I've read contrasting reports about the consequences of doing so, some people say that they do this consistently without problems, while other claim that even the slightest modification, if not even just the transfer itself to sysNAND, can cause a ban. Thanks a lot in advance.

Msama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I only used Hekate, Biskeydump and Lockpick to dump files. But figured out i can't restore the nand backup because i don't have enough space to do it on my sd card. And can't buy a new one because of the quarantine.

Is it okay to go online ?

Thank you !!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
I only used Hekate, Biskeydump and Lockpick to dump files. But figured out i can't restore the nand backup because i don't have enough space to do it on my sd card. And can't buy a new one because of the quarantine.

Is it okay to go online ?

Thank you !!
If you go online with a dirty NAND (unlegit games), you will be banned.

luisdak64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planing to mod my switch. What are some things I should ABSOLUTELY note while modding. Also if you can, can you tell me some ways to go online even after I installed the mods or cfw? Thanks in advance .

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planing to mod my switch. What are some things I should ABSOLUTELY note while modding. Also if you can, can you tell me some ways to go online even after I installed the mods or cfw? Thanks in advance .
Don't hack if you don't want to get banned. If you want to go online, have a clean NAND backup made before running CFW & homebrew handy.

Reactions: veenx0704

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so its been days and i have not been banned by returning to the ofw.
two of my friends did the same as me and have not been banned for months apparently.
Heres what i did.
i did a factory reset before the hacking process.
the first thing after RCM, i did a full clean backup.
i made sure auto rcm was on (after the backup process) so it wouldnt burn a fuse.
i NEVER went into ofw but i dont think that really matters.
DO NOT connect your device to the internet, even for a second.
when i wanted to reflash my console i both reflashed boot1 and 0 and the raw clean nand backup then i turned my console off.
i formatted the sd card on my pc before restarting the console.
thats it.
i might still get banned in the future but i think thats highly unlikely.

Also DONT HACK YOUR CONSOLE IF YOU WANT TO GO ONLINE.

Reactions: veenx0704

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get banned just from connecting to the internet briefly?

Like an absolute moron, I was testing a homebrew which required the console being connected to the same network as my PC. Upon finishing this, I was unable to enter homebrew menu without being prompted about system update. I've never connected my switch to the internet before.

Using KOSMOS v15.6, Atmosphere v0.11.1
System firmware: 10.0.1
I did not have 90dns or similar service active.
No emunand.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get banned just from connecting to the internet briefly?

Like an absolute moron, I was testing a homebrew which required the console being connected to the same network as my PC. Upon finishing this, I was unable to enter homebrew menu without being prompted about system update. I've never connected my switch to the internet before.

Using KOSMOS v15.6, Atmosphere v0.11.1
System firmware: 10.0.1
I did not have 90dns or similar service active.
No emunand.
All depends on what the homebrew was, how it was launched, what else was on the Switch previously, what error logs have collected over time etc etc.

Long story short: possible ban, possibly not. Nobody knows what data is sent via telemetry and what triggers Nintendo uses to flag bans.

The tin hat brigade cry BANNED no matter what you do, and while they are incorrect it is also ironically the best advice and answer, as doing anything is a risk you take with a ban as the possible result.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What‘s about injecting saves with HacDiskMount without running CFW and only legit games? I want to inject ACNH saves to SysNAND and go online with it. Anyone has been banned for this?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
I use SXOS on my switch with Stealth Mode enabled. If I was planning on going legit with the console will it get banned. All I use are .XCI files and only ever install .NSP files for game updates.

also have we confirmed yet if it is in fact the console that gets banned or the user accounts email address?

Also if going fully legit with this console what’s the best way? Just erase and format and setup from new? I dont have a clean NAND from when I first bought it.

Last edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-,

Chromez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't want to create a whole new topic so i'll post my question here. It's been a while since i've custom firmware and haven't really touched my Switch for a while now. I would like to restore the Switch to its original state completely and play online again. At the time i did make a Nand backup so i still have that saved on my pc. I never ever went online after using CFW. I understand there could still be a possibility for a ban and i'll take those chances but my question is;

How do i go about restoring my Switch to its original state? I can't really find any in depth guides or tutorials on youtube that explain how to restore the switch to its original state when you have the original Nand backup and how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction of the right step to follow to start this process?

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use SXOS on my switch with Stealth Mode enabled. If I was planning on going legit with the console will it get banned. All I use are .XCI files and only ever install .NSP files for game updates.

also have we confirmed yet if it is in fact the console that gets banned or the user accounts email address?

Also if going fully legit with this console what’s the best way? Just erase and format and setup from new? I dont have a clean NAND from when I first bought it.

There are many people with multiple switches using the same account. I've not heard of anyone's account being banned, just the console.

As for not having a clean NAND, it all depends on the logs really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto