Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I have a banned switch and I would like to buy another one.If I insert the game cartridges that I used in the banned switch in the new switch will the new one be banned too?Sorry for my bad english but I'm italian
I just did this like two days ago and i'm not banned, i even put my nintendo account

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update on my ban and you will not believe this! I rang Nintendo UK up about the ban told them I could not access online services yes he says the console has been banned I said why is that then, I will look at the ban report he came back sorry mr rees but no report has actually been made as to why the id has been banned sorry about that we don’t know, that’s very unusual, ok so can you lift if you have no reason as to why you banned it, no he said once the bans been activated it cannot be changed, what do I do next I said, he replied you will have to buy a new Nintendo Switch!! I was shocked so you banned my sons nsw you don’t know why and your telling me I have to buy a new one! Blah blah it went on I got his name rank etc.. told him I’m not taking this lightly, you will be hearing from my Solicitors, slammed the phone down job done. My opinion that is just wrong and unreasonable!

Last edited by Reecey,

IngeniousDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be a pretty bad OS design if they cannot remove a ban. There is always the chance that the system creates a false error report. Banning clean consoles would be a nightmare for the marketing if this would get public.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be a pretty bad OS design if they cannot remove a ban. There is always the chance that the system creates a false error report. Banning clean consoles would be a nightmare for the marketing if this would get public.
I don’t think this is uncommon I have googled a few pages where legit users have been banned for reasons of Nintendo fault, mainly down to wrong eshop codes issued for wrong games they download them and Nintendo bans the console but in these issues they report that Nintendo have unbanned the console “USA” but Nintendo UK are saying they cannot undo a ban once it’s been served. I’m trying to follow it up now with emails from Nintendo UK support even they are saying in black & white in emails they don’t know either why it has been banned and if they don’t know I think they might find themselves in a very sticky position. I think they will have to offer to replace the tablet I don’t think they have any other choice unless they want a law suit proposed to them which I am prepared to fight I’ve already been in contact with my Solicitor from Smith Partnership she says I have a very good case.

Edit: thinking now I suppose they would be very happy to swap the tablet only because they would send me back the revised nsw. I personally think Nintendo are trying their hardest to get these “hack able” units offline I don’t think they care how it’s done. It’s all really down to protecting online play and keep it safe which I cannot blame them. You notice all these console bans are all online banned it doesn’t stop you from using any software or anything else so my opinion is they want to protect online services from being ruined. What stops them from completely locking the unit altogether I’m sure they could if they wanted too but they don’t, it seems online connectivity only.

Last edited by Reecey,

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not .NSP files merged with a .XCI file. Some games are embedded with updates in the .XCI file (newer cartridge revisions) so that tool duplicates that functionality by embedding any update into the .XCI file. For DLC, I believe this doesn't happen naturally but the tool strips them of their title rights so in theory, they should look identical to an embedded update but don't quote me on that.

So merging .XCI files with updates seems pretty safe to me since certain .XCI files actually come with them but DLC I am a little apprehensive about.

I have seen some files that are eshop titles bundled with updates, as custom .xci's. Is there a higher risk of using these vs. nsp files?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen some files that are eshop titles bundled with updates, as custom .xci's. Is there a higher risk of using these vs. nsp files?
Those are a thing? I'd say its about the same risk as a regular .NSP file since .NSP files carry an inherently high risk compared to other hacks.

Reactions: Whole lotta love

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using SX OS since June 2018.
At first using Ive did an clean Nand Backup (only playing Xci) after that Ive installed lot of NSP., only keeping it completely offline. Since the SX OS Release of "emunand" Ive reset my switch With the NAND Backup Ive done in July and its always Online in Sysnand since then (At first The emunand was on Sysnand too and now on SD) It seems safe, no Ban yet.

TheRevolution1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned recently? Spent 6 months making sure to not connect to the internet without 90DNS and the day before I was going to set up emunand I accidentally ended up online for 24 hours in sleep mode with Atmosphere running and a bunch of NSPs installed without 90DNS. Noticed when I took it out of sleep mode and I had the 6.2 system update waiting for me(I was still on 5,1). I ended up switching to SX OS and setting up emunand like I was going to do anyways so now I have a clean sysnand that I've been playing online with for the past 6 days. From what I understand connecting to the internet at all with NSPs installed and not blocking nintendo servers is a 100% ban so I guess it's just a matter of time for me.

It's been just over 2 weeks since I accidentally connected online with atmosphere and some NSPs installed. Have been playing Splatoon online since then on clean restored sysnand and still not banned. Have also been using SX OS emuannd but with stealth mode and 90DNS on 100% of the time.

ethicaldesign

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen any reports of recent bans. Either the mod community is being very good about staying offline with CFW or the Nintendo is gathering data to do bans in waves. The calm before the storm...

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every week or so I take my Switch online while running OFW to test it. As of my last test, last week, no ban. I will try again today.

I stay offline when using CFW. I also have no NSPs installed, which may help. If I ever do install an NSP I will do so in emuNAND and keep the console offline the whole time. I did once play a XCI game dump using SX OS while in emuNAND, then I later used a homebrew save tool to transfer the save to my real NAND once I bought the game but that was back in October or November.

rooshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone determined whether updating to 6.2 (latest) firmware bypassing Nintendo's CDN (e.g. via ChoiDujour) is a potential ban risk? From what I'm reading there are no carts in the wild with the latest firmware update provided, so I imagine it's possible to flag any consoles on latest firmware with no record of request for this online-only system update.

I want to get started with emuNAND by restoring my clean fw4.1 backup, updating it to latest without burning fuses (still holding out for warmboot) and splitting it into an emu I can dirty up and latest stock I can play online with.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone determined whether updating to 6.2 (latest) firmware bypassing Nintendo's CDN (e.g. via ChoiDujour) is a potential ban risk? From what I'm reading there are no carts in the wild with the latest firmware update provided, so I imagine it's possible to flag any consoles on latest firmware with no record of request for this online-only system update.

I want to get started with emuNAND by restoring my clean fw4.1 backup, updating it to latest without burning fuses (still holding out for warmboot) and splitting it into an emu I can dirty up and latest stock I can play online with.
I believe this caused 2 people to be banned when firmware 6.0 was the latest. However there is a simple workaround. Simply allow your console to download the latest update then install that firmware update offline. This way Nintendo expects you to be on the latest firmware because you downloaded it in advance. It doesn't have to be installed online, it just has to be downloaded online.

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does not "Match Version" with another switch allow for updating a Switch firmware without contacting Nintendo's servers?

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? No
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? Today
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? dunno
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Yes
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? No
Trimmed .XCI? No
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? No
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Rajnx
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? no
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? Yes
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Did you ever use ReiNX? Yes
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Atmosphere, Reinx and Rajnx
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? No
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? I am not sure about this one. This file does not exist in my sd card but I think Atmosphere has its own pm which disables eclct.
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Yes
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? 6.1.0
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? No
Console/Account Region(s): The Americas
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? laptop + TegraRCM
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? No
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) N/A

Additional Comments
Can't resist myself to not connect online never anymore, so deleted all the cfw on my sd, formated it and formated my switch like 3 times through "format data" and "recovery mode" to be sure there won't be any error logs

Just to update since this post:
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y/N: Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?: I can access

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y/N: After the last time that i formatted my switch and all that shit, i created a nand since it and hack again, now i'm using SXOS i restored that nand and no ban yet.

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y/N: N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y/N: N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y/N: Y
SX OS used? Y/N: Since 3 days ago
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y/N: How i said, i dunno if it is clean but Yes.
Trimmed .XCI? Y/N: N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y/N: N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y/N: N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? X.X/: 2.5.2, always offline
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N: None
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y/N: N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Y/N: N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? Y/N: N
Used DevMenu? Y/N: N
Installed any .NSP? Y/N: Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y/N: N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? Y/N: N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y/N: N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? CFW/OFW/Both/N: N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y/N: Y
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes): I like to use a lot of homebrew to test and yes i got crashes but since the "clean" Nand restored none of them are on my NAND, also i don't remember the code
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y/N: Y but 90DNS
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y/N: N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/N: Not now, but used to before sxos
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y/N: Downgraded with ChoiDujour.
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y/N: N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y/N: Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y/N: N, i don't know if this is used on SXOS
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N: On Atmosphere and reinx i used to.
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N: i never used a tool like Dreport or how it was called, but perform a lot of system formats before online on 6.2.0 and 6.1.0
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y/N: N
Console/Account Region(s): USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with?: Rekado, TegraRCMsmashGUI, SX Tools.
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y/N: N
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

Well i will explain my history again, the first time i hacked my switch i didn't know that i can perform a nand backup with low space on my sd card, it was 16GB, but nearly the 6.2.0 update for switch was coming, i didn't recist to the idea of being Banned so, i formated the system from settings, system recovery and settings again, but before this i updated my switch for the exFat support when i already installed an nsp but delete wifi settings and that faster no bug code was done at that time. I used rajnx then reinx and last atmosphere, got errors on Rajnx and atmosphere, i don't know if at that time my rajnx cfw was using creport but on atmosphere yes, i used reinx to know how it works but leave it. From this, i thought i was banned 3 days after the formats and that, but was problems with my internet and my switch fixed it and wasn't banned, updated from 6.1.0 to 6.2.0 play online on free games normally, downloaded them from eshop and that, a week later i wanted to hack again but no support for 6.2 was made, so with my 16GB this time knowing i can backup my nand, i did it on my 3 time formated nand, and downgrade to 6.1.0, when finally atmosphere was out for 6.2 this time with a 128GB sd card i restored the backup that i did and hack, to end this quick, at the beginning of this year i got some money to bought a license for SXOS, so i restored again my Nand, look that i wasn't banned, and play some games, till now i'm not banned, 3 days ago i finally bought my License, created an emuNand, played .xci, installed nsp, all of them on Emunand and when i restart to ofw everything is fine, still no ban.

What i think too for this case is that i'm flagged for the next 3 months or maybe a year for a ban, nintendo is waiting for a good amount of hackers to just simple do a ban wave and RIP, why i said it? because my friend is doing cfw with nsp and updating them on eshop and updating his console on the legal way and he has been doing this since 3 months, nothing has happend to him too.

Now you can laught at me because "haha he bought sxos because he think he won't be banned and that", but i don't care, if that is going to happend then is ok, but i like the idea of the impleted cheats and external usb support, they might be coming to free cfw too, so good for it, but i can enjoy them now. :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it