Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

TheRevolution1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned recently? Spent 6 months making sure to not connect to the internet without 90DNS and the day before I was going to set up emunand I accidentally ended up online for 24 hours in sleep mode with Atmosphere running and a bunch of NSPs installed without 90DNS. Noticed when I took it out of sleep mode and I had the 6.2 system update waiting for me(I was still on 5,1). I ended up switching to SX OS and setting up emunand like I was going to do anyways so now I have a clean sysnand that I've been playing online with for the past 6 days. From what I understand connecting to the internet at all with NSPs installed and not blocking nintendo servers is a 100% ban so I guess it's just a matter of time for me.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I myself finally took the plunge of going back online since I had to restore my NAND after bricking it when I downgraded to 1.0 with ChoiDujourNX. NAND was made on firmware 4.1 (although I briefly went online on 6.1 but had 90DNS enabled so Nintendo wasn't the wiser) but I wanted to preserve my fuses so I updated officially with Atmosphere since it now protects AutoRCM. Fuses are sitting at 5 on firmware 6.2 and I started downloading the Octopath Demo (I was testing if my account was banned months ago but I never downloaded it on my console). No error codes or homebrew used but we'll see if Nintendo can ban for just Atmosphere alone (and maybe a fuse mismatch which I'm doubtful about).

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have any guide for me to changeover to emuNAND + sysNAND online?

Currently on OFW 6.1 with 5 fuses burnt, SX OS 2.3. last NAND backup was on 4.1. i think i might not bother with the fuses burnt anymore so i guess i can update the OFW to 6.2 with 7 fuses if that makes the emuNAND creation easier.

First of all
-make a backup of your sysnand
-then on sxos make emunand (sd files is more easy I think to manage?)
Then just click the option enable emunand just make 100% shure that emunand is offline

But If you already run xcis or nsps on your sysnand ,then is not clean and at the moment you conect to internet you will be banned

Reactions: atrocious123

atrocious123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
First of all
Then just click the option enable emunand just make 100% shure that emunand is offline

But If you already run xcis or nsps on your sysnand ,then is not clean and at the moment you conect to internet you will be banned

Have been running XCIs only on SX OS and used it offline/locally. I did update the games using nintendo server by using the options button and update file option. But what about my save files, do i need to shift them over or anything? My previous sysNAND made was on 4.1 though.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all

Having a clean nand is ideal and a bonus, but thats not the main reason why ppl should back up a nand its generally for unbricking their switch. The irony of having a clean sysnand is that
even if it was restored its going to get dirtied again with cfw if the said user wants to hack it.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to make the plunge today by getting a large SD card and buying SXOS; I plan on setting up an emunand for all of my piracy needs while keeping my sysnand clean to go online with my purchased games. Is this the way to go? I dont want to go online at all with SX, just play single player or local multiplayer. I want to make sure I dont screw up and get banned.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to make the plunge today by getting a large SD card and buying SXOS; I plan on setting up an emunand for all of my piracy needs while keeping my sysnand clean to go online with my purchased games. Is this the way to go? I dont want to go online at all with SX, just play single player or local multiplayer. I want to make sure I dont screw up and get banned.
Yup. Wish I had statistics on which method is safest but logically, from safest going down would be partition -> SD card as a file -> internal memory.

Reactions: rufuszombot

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Might as well do this for later reference.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? No
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? No
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? No
Trimmed .XCI? No
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? No
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Modding
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Yes
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Yes
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Did you ever use ReiNX? No
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Atmosphère 0.8+
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Yes
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Yes
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Yes (once, but it didn't work properly so i repeated the update online)
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? No
Console/Account Region(s) EU
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Dongle
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? No
Additional Comments

I stayed on Hekate + Stock boot and fuseless updating for the first few months with occasional online visits, then moved to Hekate+Atmosphère about a month ago and updated via system settings to 6.2 and have been online regularly since then. Not banned.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you connect online with a switch that has run cfw / homebrew / run downloaded games, wether you were going through rcm or not, you'll very likely be banned at some point.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a modded switch equates to an inevitable ban (or staying offline forever which is essentially the same) UNLESS you keep proper clean nand backups. Then you can restore to boot ofw without getting banned

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
My Switch has finally been banned but it was my own stupidity that let me down, just not thinking, it wasn’t games/certifies, it wasn’t cfw homebrew nsp installs, nothing like that! I stupidly connected a YouTube account on my nsw that shows an uploaded video of a wiiu running a very early version of the 5.3.2 exploit of course YouTube banned my switch app first then two days later Nintendo banned the console as far as I know it’s an online ban I cannot connect to anything online 2124-4007 eshop error I presume that’s a standard console ban. I totally forgot about the wiiu video and that ended my very lengthy run so yes it’s been fun and I have had a good run to be fair, just be very careful what you put and view on your YouTube app that’s all I can say.

Last edited by Reecey,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch has finally been banned but it was my own stupidity that let me down, just not thinking, it wasn’t games/certifies, it wasn’t cfw homebrew nsp installs, nothing like that! I stupidly connected a YouTube account on my nsw that shows an uploaded video of a wiiu running a very early version of the 5.3.2 exploit of course YouTube banned my switch app first then two days later Nintendo banned the console as far as I know it’s an online ban I cannot connect to anything online 2124-4007 eshop error I presume that’s a standard console ban. I totally forgot about the wiiu video and that ended my very lengthy run so yes it’s been fun and I have had a good run to be fair, just be very careful what you put and view on your YouTube app that’s all I can say.
Would still prefer a full report so this post doesn't get buried in the thread and can be referenced for easier viewing in the future.

MD5HASH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be really nice if this sticky still started with the warning that using custom firmware will most likely result in a ban. I check in once every several month just to learn if that has changed. Unless I'm mistaken it use to have this warning front and center.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be really nice if this sticky still started with the warning that using custom firmware will most likely result in a ban. I check in once every several month just to learn if that has changed. Unless I'm mistaken it use to have this warning front and center.
I would if that was the case. The problem is not everyone with CFW has been banned for using CFW. And after several months of data, its clear that majority of bans are random. There's not much explanation as to why certain people are banned over others especially when people do similar or identical actions. If you're going to hack the console, just expect a ban.

MD5HASH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would if that was the case. The problem is not everyone with CFW has been banned for using CFW. And after several months of data, its clear that majority of bans are random. There's not much explanation as to why certain people are banned over others especially when people do similar or identical actions. If you're going to hack the console, just expect a ban.

Got it.

I still think that would be valuable information to lead with: that there is still no known way to avoid getting banned with CFW.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a hacked console has always been a known risk its a sticky within itself

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.