Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Draxzelex the shops are leading to full CDN bans now. FYI.

What does this mean?

Still not banned here, although all I've done still is play XCI offline and update them in OFW. Nothing too adventurous there, although there was one time when I accidentally updated 3 XCI based games in SXOS CFW.

Last edited by chr0m,

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what an XCI is but what's an XCI Cert / Cert Ban?

Also, what's all this about a Layered File System and why would I want to use one?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex the shops are leading to full CDN bans now. FYI.
Idk where you live but where I'm from, the time when you posted that message is sleepy time. Anyways, I see the thread about it so give me some time to catch up cuz I just woke up not too long ago. I'm definitely going to have to update the questionnaire with this information.
I know what an XCI is but what's an XCI Cert / Cert Ban?

Also, what's all this about a Layered File System and why would I want to use one?
.XCI cannot be played online because they're usually dumped without the certificate. The certificate is needed to play the game online. Nintendo can choose not to ban the whole console but the certificate if they have reason to believe it is being used maliciously.

LayeredFS is a file swapping system that was used as a way to load backups.
What does this mean?

Still not banned here, although all I've done still is play XCI offline and update them in OFW. Nothing too adventurous there, although there was one time when I accidentally updated 3 XCI based games in SXOS CFW.
Preliminary readings suggest that you lose access to all online features which includes eShop, online play, and updates

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: protivakid

Warboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal bans yes because you have to be on the latest firmware to check if you are banned. The latest firmware is 5.1 by the way.
I'm just curious since I haven't done much, I've ran a payload, did CFW+Clear Log and that's basically it. Been offline the whole time. Just wondering with Nintendo flipping out, How risky it is just for that stuff. On 4.1.0 OOB.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious since I haven't done much, I've ran a payload, did CFW+Clear Log and that's basically it. Been offline the whole time. Just wondering with Nintendo flipping out, How risky it is just for that stuff.
If you cleared error logs on 5.X, it might raise a red flag to Nintendo since 5.X firmwares can detect error logs being wiped. Outside of that, if you only used Hekate and not SX OS, your in the same boat as me. It should be worth noting that SX OS Launcher does not mimic the official Nintendo Switch bootloader (which Hekate does) which could explain why more and more people are getting banned with SX OS despite being offline.

Warboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cleared error logs on 5.X, it might raise a red flag to Nintendo since 5.X firmwares can detect error logs being wiped. Outside of that, if you only used Hekate and not SX OS, your in the same boat as me. It should be worth noting that SX OS Launcher does not mimic the official Nintendo Switch bootloader (which Hekate does) which could explain why more and more people are getting banned with SX OS despite being offline.
Ah got a Switch recently, came with 4.1.0 OOB, and I'm only using Hekate and such. But I did do the SDXC update (via the firmware modification tutorial). Other that, Switch had just been sitting on the dock till I see what happens and a real CFW comes out.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah got a Switch recently, came with 4.1.0 OOB, and I'm only using Hekate and such. But I did do the SDXC update (via the firmware modification tutorial). Other that, Switch had just been sitting on the dock till I see what happens and a real CFW comes out.
Same. I also have another 3.0 Switch for when 3.0 was the goat but Fusee Gelee kinda threw that out the window. That reminds me, maybe I ought to ask people if they did the exFAT update offline as a ban risk...

Warboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. I also have another 3.0 Switch for when 3.0 was the goat but Fusee Gelee kinda threw that out the window. That reminds me, maybe I ought to ask people if they did the exFAT update offline as a ban risk...

That would be an interesting question due to it's nature. I'm really wondering what is the extent of what Nintendo can see, can they see a NAND restore, etc.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preliminary readings suggest that you lose access to all online features which includes eShop, online play, and updates

So if you get a full CDN ban, you can never update the system software without a retail cart? (At this point) and can never connect to update any software, legit or otherwise?
So then we would basically have to rely on others to post update files and such I suppose.
Guess I will stay on 4.0 until something is figured out. Just using sxos for running hekate and xcis has probably done enough log damage to get a ban if I tried to update system fw to 5.2, or update my legit eShop games. :-/

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you get a full CDN ban, you can never update the system software without a retail cart? (At this point) and can never connect to update any software, legit or otherwise?
So then we would basically have to rely on others to post update files and such I suppose.
Guess I will stay on 4.0 until something is figured out. Just using sxos for running hekate and xcis has probably done enough log damage to get a ban if I tried to update system fw to 5.2, or update my legit eShop games. :-/
It would appear that superbans are dished out upon abusing CDN privileges after already having a console ban. This also means you can get a superban without an account ban making me wonder how those 2 interact.
Surplisingly I always clear logs at 5.1 every time I boot on Stock mode and I'm still not banned
If you already have error logs to clear, it might not be that bad to clear them in the first place.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume I can post this if I'm not banned, if not let me know

Ban? N

SX used? Y

SX used while online? Y

Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N

Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N

Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.0

Non-TX Layered FS Used? Y

Non-TX Layered FS Used while online? Y

Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? Y

Installed any .NSP? N

Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? N

Did you play any .NSP installed online? N

Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N

Backups updated? OFW

Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y. mainly emulators, but have also used the homebrew appstore

Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y

Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y

AutoRCM? N

Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? N

receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 5.1.0

Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y

Wi-Fi settings deleted? N

Airplane mode? Y

Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N: I turned it off after it updated one of my backups in cfw

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y

Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y

Console/Account Region(s) US

Trimmed .XCI? Y

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume I can post this if I'm not banned, if not let me know
Unbanned data is just as valuable as banned data. If I only included people who were banned, the data would look very skewed :P
So there are “new” super bans that doesn’t let you download game updaptes ?
Supposedly, yes but now there is reason to believe that it may have been a false alarm.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Draxzelex what are the reports for playing online with SX 1.2 (or 1.3) and the "use another game cert" method. Insta ban? Just risky?
First, what happened to your font size? Secondly, several people have been banned due to injecting certificates into their backups or even playing online with their own legitimate backups + their own certificate. Its all the confirmation I need to say that it is not safe and anyone who does has simply not been caught yet for reasons outside of our control.

Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
First, what happened to your font size? Secondly, several people have been banned due to injecting certificates into their backups or even playing online with their own legitimate backups + their own certificate. Its all the confirmation I need to say that it is not safe and anyone who does has simply not been caught yet for reasons outside of our control.

I DONT KNOW! First it was HUGE, like 5 or 6, then i tried to reduce the size and theres no in between, so it was either really small (like the one you saw) or really big.

Anyway, thanks. Wanted to give it a try for Mario Tennis but i rather not. Still, i think its """safe""" to update XCIs with OFW for now, right?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la