Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
;)
Well like the Tutorial states, it wipes installed titles and most of the saves but still not everything. After a NAND backup made before hacking, this would take the #2 spot in terms of being safe. Plus unlike a NAND backup, it involves a lot more steps that makes me question how far people would go to avoid getting banned considering that online is paid for.

Since I already have a dirty NAND and there is no other way to undo because my 1st clean NAND backup gave me a softbrick switch, I gave this guide a try. After a 10mins operation, I reinitialized, tested eshop and still working (not banned yet), created a fresh semi clean NAND, then CFW.. But yea, online services will no longer be free so I really don't care now if I get a ban..

After 1 month, I will try to restore my semi clean NAND and test eshop to see if I am banned. Whether I am or not, I'll fill up your form and share it here.

Thanks for your kind answers.

Chrisw329

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should've unlink the account when you had the chance. Nintendo will not help those who want to transfer their accounts from a banned console. That account will be permanently stuck on that Switch. Say goodbye to your eShop purchases going on another Switch

I called and unlinked my account from my banned switch today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

atlacatl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crap. i think i got banned too. I'm getting this error: nintendo switch error code 2160-8035
firmware version 5.1.0, sxosv1.9. i noticed wifi does work but it seems the console can't reach the server.
I'm trying to capture wireshark traces on the local network but i dont see any packets from the switch to the router.
So this banned seems to be on the system itself. Somehow it's been disabled to send out the packets? anybody have any thoughts?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap. i think i got banned too. I'm getting this error: nintendo switch error code 2160-8035
firmware version 5.1.0, sxosv1.9. i noticed wifi does work but it seems the console can't reach the server.
I'm trying to capture wireshark traces on the local network but i dont see any packets from the switch to the router.
So this banned seems to be on the system itself. Somehow it's been disabled to send out the packets? anybody have any thoughts?
SX OS may be enabling Stealth Mode by default whenever you connect to anything online. Try connecting to the eShop in OFW without SX OS or using another CFW.

atlacatl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SX OS may be enabling Stealth Mode by default whenever you connect to anything online. Try connecting to the eShop in OFW without SX OS or using another CFW.
You're right. it was the Stealth Mode. I loaded the normal FW and I was able to see the new update FW 6.0.0.
Thanks!

Reactions: MushGuy

hasteveha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My switch has been modded. Can I boot up normally, meaning, not boot in sx os, and have wifi on, unlink my account. And not get banned? Or will I need to restore my nand, and then sign into original firmware, then unlink the account?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch has been modded. Can I boot up normally, meaning, not boot in sx os, and have wifi on, unlink my account. And not get banned? Or will I need to restore my nand, and then sign into original firmware, then unlink the account?
I would restore the NAND then unlink it as it is much safer than booting OFW without removing any traces of hacking from your system.

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to? N/A
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.2
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your backups online? OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y hb app store, waincartdumperNX, no error logs related to using homebrew
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Y-TX
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y - don't share usage settings
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N-Airplane mode
Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Console/Account Region(s) USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? SX Pro Dongle/Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with NXLoader
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) N/A
Additional Comments - no longer using my switch for CFW. did not have clean nand to restore. however, deleted all XCI backup games from the menu screen, keeping only the games I own. unlinked my main nintendo account, but using a dummy account to check eshop. currently on 5.1.0. will update to 6.0.0 when it hits. When I did go online with this switch, i always took the the sd card out before booting into OFW. I updated my titles in OFW. In the beginning, I did go online with atmosphere to run hbappstore and to activate my sx pro license. had my sx pro since a week after it was released. I have a 2nd switch i updated from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 without burning fuses with clean 4.1.0 nand backup. It's online using custom 90DNS and SX 1.9 stealth mode.

Reactions: Draxzelex

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I have not used local lan play though I think my kids have on our legit Switches. As a follow up to the question posted in this thread
Will you get banned for playing lan multiplayer with an online console?
Does local lan play require you to take the Switch out of airplane mode? I imagine it does. Does it use the WiFi radio or another communication protocol such as Bluetooth?
If it does use the WiFi radio even if one has no wireless connection set or has a DNS blocking solution enabled, isn’t the (cfw) Switch still vulnerable to a Nintendo Hotspot?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I have not used local lan play though I think my kids have on our legit Switches. As a follow up to the question posted in this thread
Will you get banned for playing lan multiplayer with an online console?
Does local lan play require you to take the Switch out of airplane mode? I imagine it does. Does it use the WiFi radio or another communication protocol such as Bluetooth?
If it does use the WiFi radio even if one has no wireless connection set or has a DNS blocking solution enabled, isn’t the (cfw) Switch still vulnerable to a Nintendo Hotspot?
Of course, however playing local multiplayer near a Nintendo Hotspot is highly unlikely unless you make plans to meet up with your friends there instead of other places like someone's home or the park.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, however playing local multiplayer near a Nintendo Hotspot is highly unlikely unless you make plans to meet up with your friends there instead of other places like someone's home or the park.
The only confirmed Nintendo Hotspot I ever encountered was at an Embassy Suites Hotel, but I imagine they could be anywhere there is public WiFi, which these days means just about anywhere outside your house and possibly even a municipal park, school/university, mall, outside a coffee shop, McDonalds or just walking down the street.

My point is I don’t think we make this point clear enough around here in replies about ban risks. Anytime the WiFi radio is enabled the the Switch is vulnerable.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only confirmed Nintendo Hotspot I ever encountered was at an Embassy Suites Hotel, but I imagine they could be anywhere there is public WiFi, which these days means just about anywhere outside your house and possibly even a municipal park, school/university, mall, outside a coffee shop, McDonalds or just walking down the street.

My point is I don’t think we make this point clear enough around here in replies about ban risks. Anytime the WiFi radio is enabled the the Switch is vulnerable.
If only there was a map of Nintendo Hotspots that we could spread around or if we're feeling really fancy, make it an app on your phone to alert you if you're in the vicinity. While I admit it is a foresight, I still stand by how weird it would be to playing local multiplayer in those locations. I mean I just thought they used those locations in commercials only :rofl2:

Reactions: thorasgar

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ban? N
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.0
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your backups online? Both
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N (Specify homebrew used/crashes)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403trying to update your system firmware? N

Console/Account Region(s)
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Additional Comments
I’ve been using SX OS with multiple XCI files with the same cert injected and have not been banned yet. I’ve played hours of Mario kart and splatoon online using downloaded cart dumps that are trimmed. I never installed a nsp or used any CDN downloaders. Only homebrew I used is the one to grab a cert off a legit cart.
Well it finally caught up with me. After nearly 3 months of playing backups online almost daily I got superbanned. It was a fun ride but now I can hop on the nsp and homebrew train. The checklist above is the same except I got superbanned.

Reactions: Draxzelex

kramdish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The account getting banned is highly rare and you'll still be able to unlink the Nintendo Account on firmware 6.0; you will just have to contact Nintendo to do so. My recommendation is always to unlink any Nintendo Account if there are purchases worth saving.

You think Nintendo will still unlink an account by phone, even if on firmware 6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1