XP
Country
United States
Long story short
I had sx os since launch day and im not Banned
I always use sx os in airplane
I update the games in ofw
I have already original games that i play online in ofw
I wanna know if someone is doing like me and doing ok, because, i dont know why but i think that having original games to play prevents to be banned
I'm starting to lose track of how many people were banned with this scenario. It used to be a handful but now its reaching double digits. If you want to continue doing this, I would suggest removing AutoRCM (if installed), not clearing error logs, and most importantly not updating backups in OFW.

Reactions: lufeig

Novalok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ban? Nope
If Yes, provide proof (video preferred)
SX OS used? Yep
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Not to active License
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Yes, All of my games
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Nope
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.4
Non-TX Layered FS Used? Nope
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? Nope
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? Nope

Used DevMenu? Nope
Installed any .NSP? Nope
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N/A
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N/A
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Nope
Backups updated? Updated in CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? GCDumpTool 1.0.5
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Was connected to Internet via TX-OS When I dumped my Games
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Daily, to test and see if I'm banned
AutoRCM? Nope
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? Nope
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Nope, Did it while booted in CFW
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? No and No

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: Did not Clear Logs
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Nope
Wi-Fi settings deleted? Nope
Airplane mode? Nope
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Yep
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yep
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yep
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Nope

Console/Account Region(s): US
Trimmed .XCI? Untrimmed
Additional Comments

Bought TX-OS because I am a collector. I want Physical releases, But I want the benefits of a digital library. It's only been a week. No ban yet. I'll keep ya updated.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Long story short
I had sx os since launch day and im not Banned
I always use sx os in airplane
I update the games in ofw
I have already original games that i play online in ofw
I wanna know if someone is doing like me and doing ok, because, i dont know why but i think that having original games to play prevents to be banned

Yep this is pretty much what I was also doing and still not banned yet, but since then I've stopped playing fortnite and only went to the eshop once in a while to check if I'm still good or banned already.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm starting to lose track of how many people were banned with this scenario. It used to be a handful but now its reaching double digits. If you want to continue doing this, I would suggest removing AutoRCM (if installed), not clearing error logs, and most importantly not updating backups in OFW.

But he is updating the games in OFW. I thought the golden rule, apart from no NSP's, was don't update games or use the eshop in CFW.

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

with the information that you have until now, what would you recommend then, please?

- update backups in OFW
- update backups in CFW
- not update backups at all (which obviously includes nsp updates)

LovesSwitch223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I used RetroArch and other simple homebrew (no layered FS/no SX Pro), and I have got error logs (haven’t cleared them, although I don’t know if they were autocleared, I used Hekate before the layered FS version), and I haven’t turned my switch on since the ban wave (estimating 4 months maybe), will I get banned if I turn my switch on, and is there any way to fix it?

The only way to check is to turn your Switch on without CFW and try the eShop or play a game online and see if you have the ban error.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he is updating the games in OFW. I thought the golden rule, apart from no NSP's, was don't update games or use the eshop in CFW.
People have been banned for updating games in OFW so I don't assume it is no longer safe as I have plenty of evidence that Nintendo can detect SX OS despite being in OFW.
with the information that you have until now, what would you recommend then, please?

- update backups in OFW
- update backups in CFW
- not update backups at all (which obviously includes nsp updates)
I would recommend updating backups via NSP format and then restoring a clean NAND before going online.

Reactions: lufeig

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ban? N
If Yes, provide proof (video preferred)
SX OS used? Yes
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? No
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.2
Non-TX Layered FS Used? No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? No

Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N/A
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N/A
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Backups updated? never updapte them
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Edizon save manager
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? no
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? no
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? no
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? No and No

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? no
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted? yes
Airplane mode? yes
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? no
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? No

Console/Account Region(s): NTSC latinoamerica
Trimmed .XCI? yes
Additional Comments : i had restored my nand clean ( with no data of hackes) before i reconect to online 2 times, i used SX pro offline complete never gone online or update games, right now i am not having troubles and i can play online fine.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have people been banned before from what I described?
All bans have been due to either using LayeredFS or SX OS. The only homebrew ban involved using a GBA emulator and, more importantly, clearing error logs on 5.X. Along with the new confirmation in the OP, I do not recommend clearing error logs especially on 5.X if you are trying to avoid getting banned.

Reactions: Deleted User

LovesSwitch223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have people been banned before from what I described?

I for one, did around the same thing as you, I used a GBA emulator and some other homebrew games, all while online on CFW, played Fortnite and used eShop on CFW, have not cleared my logs, and after a few weeks without any CFW usage, have not been banned, and I have gotten errors from 2048 crashing on me. In your scenario, you probably aren't banned, but you won't be sure until you go into your Switch. Not using your Switch at all is pretty much the same thing as a ban if you think about it, you basically banned yourself from your Switch, so why not try unbanning yourself by checking to see if you are banned at all. :)

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update from my post here ----> https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/page-52#post-8166040
Still not banned yet (checked 10mins ago via going into Eshop OFW). Everything from my post is still the same.

One thing to note is that I haven't played any of my retail games multiplayer online (since I started using SX/OS) IF they have online multiplayer (like MK8D and ETC)
All I've been playing are my single player retail games while connected to the internet OFW.

This will change however once I get my Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in a few weeks.
Will update again some time after that.

Edit: Update 8-12-18 ---> I played MK8D (retail) online (2 races) on OFW.

Last edited by KingMuk,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update from my post here ----> https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/page-52
Still not banned yet (checked 10mins ago via going into Eshop OFW). Everything from my post is still the same.

One thing to note is that I haven't played any of my retail games multiplayer online (since I started using SX/OS) IF they have online multiplayer (like MK8D and ETC)
All I've been playing are my single player retail games while connected to the internet OFW.

This will change however once I get my Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in a few weeks.
Will update again some time after that.
2 things:
  1. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date ;) I genuinely appreciate everyone who submits a report but those who go through the effort of updating their info whenever possible are really special. Saying thank you is an an understatement
  2. For future reference, and for those unaware, you can actually link to a specific post by clicking the date/time that particular post was made (in the bottom left corner) and it will generate a URL for you that automatically takes you to that post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol