Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used SX OS (including license activation) and enabled rpm for a bit. Right after reading this thread and seeing the statistics behind SX OS only bans, I removed autorpm via the SX menu and removed the files from the microsd card. I don't even think I launched an app while in the SX OS. Hopefully they don't consider that "naughty".
Some were banned for using SX OS offline. Completely. Meaning running SX OS leaves some traces within your system that we cannot yet remove. Just as long the account isn't associated the next time the console goes online, your account will be very safe.
No worries man, I'd rather keep it unbanned but if it gets banned so be it. I have another one for Splatoon 2 and MK.

Also, if backing up your NAND requires homebrew, can we really say the backup is prior to hacking?
Exactly. It would be the bare minimum to earn a ban. It would be the definitive proof that Nintendo can ban people for doing absolutely anything. It would basically defeat the whole purpose of this thread. Unfortunately, nobody has had that happen to them...yet...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm super stressed out rn I just got octo expansion right before I found out about nx dreport on 5.X
I've got mixed feelings about nx-dreport. On the one hand, there are people claiming its caused a ban with proof. On the other, there are people who are asking for a ban but using nx-dreport is their saving grace. Maybe I should make running nx-dreport blue...

Anyways, I hope that you (do not) remain unbanned :D

Reactions: SterneSchreien

DanBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got mixed feelings about nx-dreport. On the one hand, there are people claiming its caused a ban with proof. On the other, there are people who are asking for a ban but using nx-dreport is their saving grace. Maybe I should make running nx-dreport blue...

Anyways, I hope that you (do not) remain unbanned :D

Yeah me too... wait. Anyway, I've just been hoping nintendo has me on their nice list at the moment and maybe they'll let my switch slide since I haven't been banned yet. If I'm not banned during a ban wave later on I can probably rest easy

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah me too... wait. Anyway, I've just been hoping nintendo has me on their nice list at the moment and maybe they'll let my switch slide since I haven't been banned yet. If I'm not banned during a ban wave later on I can probably rest easy
Look on the bright side, if you do get banned, you can be memorialized as one of the only people to have been banned with homebrew alone!

In all seriousness, homebrew only bans suck and are as rare as account bans. So far, Nintendo has turned the other way for everyone else using homebrew only. If you do get banned, just blame nx-dreport.

Reactions: DanBro
D

Deleted User

Ban? N
SX used? N
Non-TX Layered FS Used? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y
  • hb-appstore
  • Checkpoint
  • desmume
  • EdiZon
  • LaiNES
  • NX-Shell
  • pSNES
  • SDL Pong
  • vba-next
  • WAINCartDumperNX
  • Fireplace
  • GagOrder
  • Useless Homebrew
  • do u kno de wae
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/CFW? Y, briefly
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Y
Console/Account Region(s) Console: USA Rev 0, USA, EUR, and JPN accounts
Trimmed .XCI? N

Might as well contribute, even if this is an uninteresting case.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used the paperclip trick to inject Hekate on 5.1.0, backed up the nand and launched HBL to load checkpoint and restore some unmodified saves from another Switch. I did this because my son had a profile on both mine and his switches and wanted to consolidate the saves into one profile.

Is there anything I should do before going back online? I haven't cleared logs or anything

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the paperclip trick to inject Hekate on 5.1.0, backed up the nand and launched HBL to load checkpoint and restore some unmodified saves from another Switch. I did this because my son had a profile on both mine and his switches and wanted to consolidate the saves into one profile.

Is there anything I should do before going back online? I haven't cleared logs or anything
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y/N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y/N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Y/N

At the very minimum, you should use these settings if you plan on going online. There's no homebrew designed yet to make online access safer. Even clearing error logs is slowly becoming a gray area. I would avoid doing it on 5.X and/or if you have never suffered from a crash that generated an error report.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y/N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y/N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Y/N

At the very minimum, you should use these settings if you plan on going online. There's no homebrew designed yet to make online access safer. Even clearing error logs is slowly becoming a gray area. I would avoid doing it on 5.X and/or if you have never suffered from a crash that generated an error report.

I only loaded Checkpoint once, it didn't crash.

I don't ever plan on running homebrew or anything modified on this 5.1.0 console again. I purely wanted to get my son's saves on here and use it as a legitimate console going forward. So don't think i really need to block updates. I have a 2.3.0 Switch I'm saving for exploits.

If I do get this 5.1.0 Switch banned then I definitely will be using it for hax and homebrew :)

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well fill one out while I'm here.

Ban? N(ot yet)
SX used? N
SX used while online? N
Played SX Backups online? N
If Yes, do you have a certificate/header ban N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
Non-TX Layered FS Used? N
Non-TX Layered FS Used while online? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y/Emulators, checkpoint. Only backed up one save.
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 5.X probably
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Y
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Y

Console/Account Region(s) US
Trimmed .XCI? N
Additional comments:

I'm super stressed out rn I just got octo expansion right before I found out about nx dreport on 5.X

I don't see you getting banned. You don't seem to have done anything but d-report, and I don't think it's *just* d-report that's doing it. I think d-report and signs of piracy/SX OS is what's dropping the hammer from Nintendo as its more definitive.

yoyoitsevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6472F7A6-39CC-4E5C-935E-9DE334E6F5D5.jpeg
6585ED61-F182-4C59-A5E8-00EC250CC1FC.jpeg
It wouldn’t let me post because it was “Spam like” so I screenshotted it instead. :)

gratje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Damn. It Gets annoying I cannot unlink my account from my banned switch. Any suggestions? I just want to buy an extra switch for online. But I don’t want to have traces from my account on my banned switch.

brokenx17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Damn. It Gets annoying I cannot unlink my account from my banned switch. Any suggestions? I just want to buy an extra switch for online. But I don’t want to have traces from my account on my banned switch.

Just create a new account. I will be doing the same once i decided to get another switch for online.
For now, I'm really enjoying my hacked switch with xci and nsp games plus homebrew.

Teddy7060

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry for my bad english
------------------------------------------------------------
I am a newbie of the community
Is updating game requiring a game header(cert) ?
I am curious about how nintendo could ban/detect someone who never play online mutiplayer or having a crash log.
thanks everyone.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 135884 View attachment 135885It wouldn’t let me post because it was “Spam like” so I screenshotted it instead. :)
I know you didn't mean to but congrats for having the most unique submission to date. Also, you didn't answer the question about using CFW or Homebrew while online.

Sorry for my bad english
------------------------------------------------------------
I am a newbie of the community
Is updating game requiring a game header(cert) ?
I am curious about how nintendo could ban/detect someone who never play online mutiplayer or having a crash log.
thanks everyone.
You can update games without injecting a certificate/header. The way you do this is by loading the cartridge icons in CFW, returning to the SX OS menu without powering down the console, booting into OFW, then you will be able to update your games as safely as possible. The problem is that you had to use SX OS to load those icons in the first place which is what Nintendo can detect if the Switch is smart enough to track that type of data which it has already shown.

yoyoitsevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you didn't mean to but congrats for having the most unique submission to date. Also, you didn't answer the question about using CFW or Homebrew while online.

I missed a question? Lemme check - - oh you’re right! I was on Wi-Fi for sx os but not any other homebrew or cfw.. so I think I was gonna come back to that question but forgot.

Sn, I really thought I wasn’t gonna be banned so quickly, the only thing I can think of that might’ve contributed to it is me backing up my cartridges to SD and playing them that way. I didn’t even trim them. :(

I can still download/purchase things from the eshop on a computer and it downloads to my switch, but trying anything else online on the switch give me that infamous error.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed a question? Lemme check - - oh you’re right! I was on Wi-Fi for sx os but not any other homebrew or cfw.. so I think I was gonna come back to that question but forgot.

Sn, I really thought I wasn’t gonna be banned so quickly, the only thing I can think of that might’ve contributed to it is me backing up my cartridges to SD and playing them that way. I didn’t even trim them. :(

I can still download/purchase things from the eshop on a computer and it downloads to my switch, but trying anything else online on the switch give me that infamous error.
If that's the case, I have to reword the question because you already indicated you used SX OS online. My mistake for not making it clear; that question is really in case you connected online with non-TX CFW or homebrew. And trust me, you're not the first one to be banned for backup up your cartridges. Nintendo is really taking no prisoners this time around.

EDIT: You indicated using trimmed .XCI on the form but you just said you didn't trim them. Which one is it?

Last edited by Draxzelex,

yoyoitsevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, I have to reword the question because you already indicated you used SX OS online. My mistake for not making it clear; that question is really in case you connected online with non-TX CFW or homebrew. And trust me, you're not the first one to be banned for backup up your cartridges. Nintendo is really taking no prisoners this time around.

EDIT: You indicated using trimmed .XCI on the form but you just said you didn't trim them. Which one is it?

I tried a trimmed xci of Mario tennis when it came out, so that’s why I said yes on the form. All of my cartridge dumps were untrimmed

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok seeing as my console was banned I decided to see what devmenu could offer.
Errors only show me the errors of not being able to connect to the eshop.
Do they get cleaned by something else?
Just curious really.

On a sidenote; I was thinking about situations where you have a console ban for eshop / online.
I am wondering if there is a way to redownload software. For instance demo's I installed before as an example.
The eshop on the pc does not have a redownload option. Anybody have a good idea on that (sure eXhop can help there but still)

Edit;
Hmm ok so that is tied into deleting and archiving software.
As long as you have it as a homescreen icon you should still be able to.
So lesson 1; NEVER delete a title I guess.

Edit2:
To confirm that once more; https://en-americas-support.nintend...w-to-redownload-nintendo-switch-eshop-content
So now the fun question is what IF you did delete software, what would be the best way to redownload it if you have a console eshop / online ban.

Last edited by PatrickD85,

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U want your emulators? Emulators = piracy, so you are on the same boat. No higher morals there...
First of all, I'm going to stop you right there and call you in idiot but know it's in the nicest way possible. I'm not speaking of morals but besides all that, playing retro games on my Switch doesn't take away money they would get from me. If they offered what I want I'd be sure to but it's unlikely we'll get a Nintendo direct announcing a gzdoom port anytime soon. I've purchased and repurchased things many times only to support what I enjoy and believe in. I don't need your approval of my character or anyone elses for that matter but don't be a little twonk and sling shit for no reason. There was absolutely no point to your reply other than an attempt to enflame and it's childish. Grow up. Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome