1. Aluminite

Aluminite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm going to mod my switch soon, and plan to do everything inside emuMMC. However, recently I've played a lot of Breath of the Wild on Cemu and would like to transfer the save to my Switch.
    I'm thinking about starting Atmosphere on the sysMMC once to run Checkpoint (or some other save manager) so I can transfer the save, then keeping sysMMC clean from then on.
    Realistically, can I get banned for doing this? I know there's always a chance but in the real world, would I actually get banned for that?

2. Draxzelex

OP Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    As long as it violates the Terms of Service, you will get banned for it. In the real world, stuff like modchips and patches are perfectly legal but Nintendo doesn't really care. Its their way or the highway.

3. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    Is there evidence that incognito doesn't do it's job and still leads to bans, or is it speculation?

4. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So someone on fb got ban eventhough he put 90DNS and that incognito dual boot. Also he clean his nand before doing it.

Last edited by wownmnpare, Apr 23, 2021
  5. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    Lol. "Cleaning his NAND" is probably what got him banned.

As an anti-ban measure I have found incognito to work.

6. Draxzelex

United States
    Its speculation much like how people think 90DNS is untrustworthy just because its operated by a third-party or Nintendo can add a new address which they haven't done so ever since its came out before Incognito. Realistically, Incognito and tools that function like it have no recorded evidence of failing therefore on a functional level, they are all the same. There is no rational thought or logic to people saying 90DNS is worse than Incognito without actual evidence just as much as people who cite Incognito is no better than 90DNS for similar reasons. Nobody has been banned for using either of these tools properly.

tabzer likes this.
  7. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    The only reason I would think the DNS solution is less reliable is only because it can change its filter rules or transfer ownership altogether without much of a warning. I'm sure news would spread rather quickly if that were to happen.

8. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    Alternatively use DNS mitm in Atmosphere. I do that along with blanking prodinfo also using the function in Atmosphere.

tabzer likes this.
  9. xdanekai

xdanekai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Hi. anyone knows if Restoring the unbanned prodinfo of another console works? If yes, can I have any proof?

I have been banned from a long time ago and haven't really cared since I have a Wii U with the same games and my parents dont want me to pay a shitty membership. Now the only problem is that I want to upload SMM2 courses which is not possible on wii U anymore.

I have find another possible way to do it which I don't want to say but is a bit risky.

10. Draxzelex

United States
    It doesn't work because PRODINFO is console unique. There will never be a way to unban Nintendo Switch consoles. This is explained in the FAQ of the first post.

11. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Hello, someone has certainly asked for it, but can I reuse my account that is on my banned switch on a new switch without the risk of being banned on the new one?

12. Draxzelex

United States
    Yes, many people have used Nintendo Accounts from banned consoles on unbanned consoles without any issue. If anything were to happen to you, you would probably be the first which is highly unlikely.

Cortexfou likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Banning, Warning