Nintendo stops production of NES/SNES Classic in America

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, ah dammit.
Don't worry. I never liked playing virtual console games cause of the dark color pallet. It was so disappointing. I hardly buy them unless it's a discount of a game I know I can enjoy. I can't believe they thought stuff like this was okay. And some how the wii u virtual console games look worst than the original wii ones. Just slap a epilepsy warring on your game like everyone else does. It didn't seem like a issue back then when they did stuff like this. :P

unknown.png

D

Deleted User

There was enough time to get a mini console. I look forward to see both become collectors item.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never understood the appeal of these systems in the first place, it's just some shitty hardware + decent emulator in a NES/SNES shell and a few ROMs built in.
It's just that this has time and efford + a great custom emulator built from the ground up than something that was ripped from the internet with a list of games nobody cares about (ahem, Sony).

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm pissing in the wind to say so around here, but I mostly hate emulation. FPGA hardware I can live with (NT Mini, AVS, Super NT), flashcarts I can live with if done right (EDN8, SD2SNES, ED64). I can even understand having emu's on a portable console, for the convenience of taking it all with you. But sitting at home, plugged in to a TV? "Real" hardware isn't that hard to come by, not yet.

Reactions: Xzi

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll never own one, then.
They are still too expensive for me to buy. If one was around half the price, I'd consider it, but like this? Nah.

I agree they should have been about half the price but given that they had to stick HDMI in because omg heaven forbid composite or svideo in 2018... but there's slight costs to that (licensing HDMI?) so...

But it's not like they didn't sell a ton anyway, despite the price. Yeah, they're plentiful NOW, but for a long while they couldn't keep them on shelves...

Yeah yeah, just use a retropie... but that's a pain in the ass, I bet if you're satisfied with the games on the classics, much easier. and even then, hacking to add more, still gotta be more user friendly than that piece of crap. Hell, I'd bet the Playstation version is better than retropie...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still have hopes for an N64 classic or even a Gamecube classic but I think at the end of the day, these mini consoles were born out of Nintendo's desperation to have something on the shelf for Christmas when the Wii U failed and the 3DS might not be enough.

Reactions: Kithron

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have hopes for an N64 classic or even a Gamecube classic but I think at the end of the day, these mini consoles were born out of Nintendo's desperation to have something on the shelf for Christmas when the Wii U failed and the 3DS might not be enough.
Reggie crushed our dreams even further, by saying these consoles were only as helpers for the Switch launch and that they're not planning to make an N64 Classic.
When Nintendo says no, it's usually no.

Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminder: A RetroPie/Practically any PC can do everything these emulation boxes can do and much, much more.

but where do we get the roms? I have a metric 38 GB of nothing but ROMS. (My dumped Wii U games and GCN games take up the bulk.) However, other people dont have many roms at all. Emuparadise is deader than the Minecraft community, and same goes for any rom site, really.(*cough *cough other than them malware sites *cough *cough) I'm lucky, y'know.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And they won't even offer Snes on Switch, so ugh.

but where do we get the roms? I have a metric 38 GB of nothing but ROMS. (My dumped Wii U games and GCN games take up the bulk.) However, other people dont have many roms at all. Emuparadise is deader than the Minecraft community, and same goes for any rom site, really.(*cough *cough other than them malware sites *cough *cough) I'm lucky, y'know.

There is a way to get them, but the method is not conventional and requires a very specific script to get them.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And they won't even offer Snes on Switch, so ugh.

There is a way to get them, but the method is not conventional and requires a very specific script to get them.
You can very easily get complete ROM sets with torrents.

Reactions: Ryccardo

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll never own one, then.
They are still too expensive for me to buy. If one was around half the price, I'd consider it, but like this? Nah.

Serious ? Its only 59.99 euro for NES MINI and 79.99 euro for SNES Mini. Its not expensive, lol. I am proud to own both of them because of my childhood. Missed them and now I have them in my hand! :P

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Serious ? Its only 59.99 euro for NES MINI and 79.99 euro for SNES Mini. Its not expensive, lol. I am proud to own both of them because of my childhood. Missed them and now I have them in my hand! :P
Yes it is. 60 Euros is a lot of money, especially for a device like this. Not worth it at all. If it was 30 or less, I'd consider it.
I guess it must be having nice to have a job where you can say 60 Euros “is not expensive, lol.”

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is. 60 Euros is a lot of money, especially for a device like this. Not worth it at all. If it was 30 or less, I'd consider it.
I guess it must be having nice to have a job where you can say 60 Euros “is not expensive, lol.”

I feel you, my friend. I know what you mean.

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can very easily get complete ROM sets with torrents.
(*cough *cough other than them malware sites *cough *cough)
Learn to fully read my quotes. Most of the time, these torrent things have malware included or at the very least, the web you got it from tracks your data from the torrent or someh=thing, i dunno. Another thing is that I found a delicate little ROM site that I found to be pretty good. No links here, my acc is valuable, same goes with my RBLX account, my Macintosh Repository acc, my Minecraft acc, etc.

EDIT:
mmmmmmmm I know Batch and a bit of BASIC

Last edited by Hambrew,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill