zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have sent my Flashed DSLite off for repair of the cracked hinge issue.. I used the noflashme lite (waited till this came out to send off) and now that I have I wonder what they will do? So I created a poll to see what you guys got if and when you sent off a DS for repair.

BTW: mine was sent off on the 16th and it just got to nintendo NY today. no status update as of yet.

mackster

Trophies
XP
Country
well i sent mine off to the BIG N!! and got a repaired DS lite due to crack hinge and now my hinge is cracking again..but way faster.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've not had a problem yet. All I have on my screen is a lazy pixel which comes up red when you get a black screen. No biggy as I rarely see it.

zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've not had a problem yet. All I have on my screen is a lazy pixel which comes up red when you get a black screen. No biggy as I rarely see it.

Thats my other fear. When I got my DS (from ebay before they came to the US) It has a stuck blue pixel. I used a pixel fixer and it went away.. If they send a new unit I don't want any dead/stuck pixels.

BvG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've not had a problem yet. All I have on my screen is a lazy pixel which comes up red when you get a black screen. No biggy as I rarely see it.

You can fix that with a simple homebrew program (which blinks very fast with all colors so the lazy pixel awakes
smile.gif
)

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had sent my DS Lite for repair when it got the defective crack. It was flashed and when it's a hardware repair, they don't even turn the system on because that's not where the problem is. Unless it's a software problem, then they will turn it on. When I got my DS Lite back it was a new refurbished one and it worked fine, but the cracked hinge came back. I called again and they are going to fix it. Supposedly they give you a brand new one if the problem has occured more than once. I hope so, i'm tired of sending it in, I never had to send my DS Phat in ever since I got it when it was released.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had sent my DS Lite for repair when it got the defective crack. It was flashed and when it's a hardware repair, they don't even turn the system on because that's not where the problem is. Unless it's a software problem, then they will turn it on. When I got my DS Lite back it was a new refurbished one and it worked fine, but the cracked hinge came back. I called again and they are going to fix it. Supposedly they give you a brand new one if the problem has occured more than once. I hope so, i'm tired of sending it in, I never had to send my DS Phat in ever since I got it when it was released.

Pretty much par for the course. I figure as long as Nintendo sends out a unit that is in perfect condition, why worry? I'm waiting on a Wii to come back from repair myself.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm waiting on a Wii to come back from repair myself.

You sling the wii controlers not the unit...

My system gets extremely hot while in standby with WiiConnect24 active, which also caused the side of my system to become bowed. I also have the system freeze on me upon starting up games quite frequently. I'm not sure if they will rectify my problem, but they did state that the problems with my Wii should not be happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool