vinnyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so i think some of y'all saw my old thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/doing-one-for-the-science-team-and-sending-my-hacked-switch-for-repair-to-nintendo.618923/

about sending my modded switch to Nintendo repairs. Here's what just happened. So i got the usual call i had to take from Nintendo support about the usual shit they do, at first its looking great.
"We've ran an inspection and have found the issues you have reported blah blah blah" and then... bombshell dropped.
"We refuse to operate on this switch system as it has actually been banned from our Nintendo servers" okay well shit, this sorta answers my question of what will happen if you mail your hacked switch to Nintendo, but here's the deal, before I mailed it (like the exact day i was packing it) it wasn't banned, i could access there server and everything, but only now it is? idk I'm kinda new to switch hacking and I'm really confused on why only now it is banned. anyway that's not the point.
Basically: TLDR: if you mail your hacked switch to Nintendo for repairs, even if you get rid of all the homebrew apps they will refuse to fix it.
also i still gotta pay 50 bucks for the inspection which i find funny bro. Basically what their doing is holding my switch for ransom. They're like "we can get rid of this system free of charge or you could pay the 50 bucks for the inspection and get it back"
overall... don't do it I guess??? unless you wanna annoy Nintendo by sending them a hacked switch and then acting like you had 0 clue what they're on about.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Simple, was banned in the time between you sending it and them getting it or they connected it online and it was banned as you didn't do a clean MMC restore

vinnyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh yeah something to note, couldn't care less about the ban, I'm gonna get a switch oled for actual games and keep the banned switch for homebrew stuff and emulators

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know Australian warranty laws but most things vaguely based on UK common law/in the modern world will have wording to the effect of "unless it was the device owner's action/misuse that caused the problem then you have to honour the warranty", though they will try to wriggle out of it. Of course 50 Australian fun dollars and value of a Switch places it outside any small claims court (though if it is just the "fee" then that could be within the remit of such, don't know what accelerated courts there are there these days but many places have them) and if you have to pay your own solicitor then... that is not a cheap hobby either.

Reactions: Satangel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum