Nintendo Repair

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by zone97, Jan 22, 2007.

?

Nintendo Repair, what did you get?

1. A New DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A Referb DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Same DS only repaired.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A Refused Repair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Never had a problem.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 22, 2007

Nintendo Repair by zone97 at 6:18 PM (1,271 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. zone97
    OP

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have sent my Flashed DSLite off for repair of the cracked hinge issue.. I used the noflashme lite (waited till this came out to send off) and now that I have I wonder what they will do? So I created a poll to see what you guys got if and when you sent off a DS for repair.

BTW: mine was sent off on the 16th and it just got to nintendo NY today. no status update as of yet.

2. mackster

Member mackster GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    well i sent mine off to the BIG N!! and got a repaired DS lite due to crack hinge and now my hinge is cracking again..but way faster.

3. zone97
    OP

United States
    If I get a new or referbed unit and it cracks again, I will request a black on as they do not seem to suffer from this issue.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've not had a problem yet. All I have on my screen is a lazy pixel which comes up red when you get a black screen. No biggy as I rarely see it.

5. zone97
    OP

United States
    Thats my other fear. When I got my DS (from ebay before they came to the US) It has a stuck blue pixel. I used a pixel fixer and it went away.. If they send a new unit I don't want any dead/stuck pixels.

6. frostfire

Member frostfire GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I got my phat DS since it's release 3 years ago, never had a problem with it. I applied Hori Screenprotectors to prevent scratches on my actual touch screen.. and it still works great.

7. BvG

Member BvG GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You can fix that with a simple homebrew program (which blinks very fast with all colors so the lazy pixel awakes [​IMG])

8. imyourxpan

Member imyourxpan GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I had sent my DS Lite for repair when it got the defective crack. It was flashed and when it's a hardware repair, they don't even turn the system on because that's not where the problem is. Unless it's a software problem, then they will turn it on. When I got my DS Lite back it was a new refurbished one and it worked fine, but the cracked hinge came back. I called again and they are going to fix it. Supposedly they give you a brand new one if the problem has occured more than once. I hope so, i'm tired of sending it in, I never had to send my DS Phat in ever since I got it when it was released.

9. zone97
    OP

United States
    Got mine back seems to be the same unit just repaired. Or a recycled one. Buttons are not "crisp" clean.. ect.. Oh well. atleast no dead pixles.

10. Smashingblue

Member Smashingblue Advanced Member

United States
    Pretty much par for the course. I figure as long as Nintendo sends out a unit that is in perfect condition, why worry? I'm waiting on a Wii to come back from repair myself.

11. zone97
    OP

United States
    You sling the wii controlers not the unit...

12. Smashingblue

Member Smashingblue Advanced Member

United States
    My system gets extremely hot while in standby with WiiConnect24 active, which also caused the side of my system to become bowed. I also have the system freeze on me upon starting up games quite frequently. I'm not sure if they will rectify my problem, but they did state that the problems with my Wii should not be happening.