GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
The reason we would want to send it to nintendo for repair instead of swapping for another one is you loose EVERYTHING!

rofl.gif

Oh wow...

Sorry, but that's a really small price to pay to replace a defective product with one that's fully functional and in the pristine condition you'd expect from a $250 device.

D

Deleted-188346

stanleyopar2000 said:
this is why we let the fools and tools give in to hype and pick up anything new on "launch day"

Let them find out problems like this.
You do realise that Nintendo let a lot of us test out the 3DS prior to launch, right? Also, Japan had their 3DS for some time before we did, and there were many reviews. It's not really "hype" if you're able to decide firsthand that a product is worthy of a purchase.
Besides, if people are unlucky enough to get a bad unit, then they are entitled to a refund, or a replacement unit. Nintendo can't dodge that.

Real classy though, looking down upon others that are having issues with their 3DS.

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
lostdwarf said:
The reason we would want to send it to nintendo for repair instead of swapping for another one is you loose EVERYTHING!

rofl.gif

Oh wow...

Sorry, but that's a really small price to pay to replace a defective product with one that's fully functional and in the pristine condition you'd expect from a $250 device.

But why should we have to surrender our saved data because of an obvious hardware failure? The system was designed so we can have all those features like street pass, play coins, etc. If we could transfer that data to the sd card or even to another 3ds system that's one thing, but they don't allow it.

It's the exact same thing with game saves. Doubt you want to lose all your saved games from many games you've played.

We paid 250$+ for this system and now it's 'our fault' or we have to pay to get it fixed?

That's infuriating

And people who are having this issue, whether or not they want it replaced, should still call Nintendo so they take notice so people won't have to deal with this.

how else is this supposed to get fixed?

so lostdwarf had perfectly good reason as to why not to get an exchange

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve007 said:
If you all call at once and give the same issue it well be a recalled

PS: At lest there not like EA games they band my email account [email protected] i had 30 games digital downloads band and disabled my games jut for support called me a fisher when I gotten coupons $20.00 off all games that are 20.00 is free they gave me all these coupons and stuff but the deal is i felt in a trap they set me up now I have lost my money and my account on there terms and I agree to the term a bunch of bull crap they are like you say rip off artist.

They make it look like your the bad guy hear
closedeyes.gif

Um...what?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aiden.22 said:
But why should we have to surrender our saved data because of an obvious hardware failure?

I don't really disagree with anything you said, and in a perfect world, you wouldn't have to. But if you want to avoid further frustration caused by trying to move a mountain -- in this case Nintendo -- then you can compromise and return the product to the retailer you purchased it from. My mother always loved to use the saying, "you can't fight city hall."

Do what you want, of course. I'm just saying, it's likely to be much less of a headache to count your losses and deal with the retailer. And again, the losses are merely saves and information, not additional fees. The system has been out for less than a month. I'm fairly certain no one is going be making a great sacrifice in that regard.

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
aiden.22 said:
But why should we have to surrender our saved data because of an obvious hardware failure?

I don't really disagree with anything you said, and in a perfect world, you wouldn't have to. But if you want to avoid further frustration caused by trying to move a mountain -- in this case Nintendo -- then you can compromise and return the product to the retailer you purchased it from. My mother always loved to use the saying, "you can't fight city hall."

Do what you want, of course. I'm just saying, it's likely to be much less of a headache to count your losses and deal with the retailer. And again, the losses are merely saves and information, not additional fees. The system has been out for less than a month. I'm fairly certain no one is going be making a great sacrifice in that regard.

Yes of course. It's still frustrating though. lostdwarf had a horrible experience with this new system. On the other hand, i called and the guy was more than helpful.

I just hope no one else has a bad experience as well. This is supposed to be fun and exciting.

D

Deleted User

Well I bought Hori Screen Protectors-d'you think they'd be enough?
Nintendo had too many design flaws in the product :/

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
But there only one design flaw with the others being manufacturing and shipping issues.

Maybe I'm missing another design flaw?
unsure.gif

Oh and it should be. Does it come with a cloth?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
this is caused by a top section that wobbles because it is not fitted correctly or just from the screens rubbing?

-another world
Well from what I can gather the screen wobble has nothing to do with the screen scratching, just the two bits of rubber not being raised enough to protect the top screen from the raised outer rim around the bottom screen. My unit is perfect however, I'm only going by piecing together what others have said.

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:

i would get a micro fiber cloth or something similar to have between the screens even with the protectors. You can also use the bubble/foam pad that came with it, i dont remember having one, guess i was so excited to open it
tongue.gif

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
even with a hori screen protector i have marks on my screen, extactly where my touch screen is.

and its not going away, no matter how much i wipe it

so no way to check if its cracked under there or something, unless i take off the screen protector, which is something i dont want to do.

its not that annoying, it doesnt get in the way of gameplay, it if it gets worse thats bad design right there

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I called customer services a few times about it and some guys were really nice. the people on the phone were nice, it was what they were being told to say (doing a job)
so cant and am not blaming them. I just dont see how a machine marketed solely on having a 3D screen, doesnt have said screen covered in warranty! rediculous.
£46 repair on top of £197 for the console, £90 i spent on 3 games, £30 on car charger and screen protectors. BUT IT BROKE ITSELF! i didnt do it. i took care of it. closed it carefully, cleaned it lovingly. i loved it to bits. i honestly still do. i want one, but not if its going to break itself!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not had this issue on either of mine but looking at one it seems the pads compress easily if you give a slight squeeze when closed, although I've not traveled with mine in a pocket is this the cause?

got half a dozen hori screen protectors of ebay for under a couple of quid and the £1 shop does those things you slip in laptops that can be cut down easily.

lappymat.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

Nintendo won't accept it because there is nothing to be repaired.

The 3DS was designed like that. Every 3DS system made has that problem. Even if they replaced it, it would still have that problem.

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They completely repaired mine for free. Now I haven't received it yet though.

Once i get it, i'll examine it and make sure it was repaired correctly.

i'll update

screenshot20110422at951.png

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aiden.22 said:

i'll update

Holy shit, repair price $115!
wacko.gif

I sent mine over yesterday, I'm a bit worried they won't do mine for free
sleep.gif

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
aiden.22 said:

i'll update

Holy shit, repair price $115!
wacko.gif

I sent mine over yesterday, I'm a bit worried they won't do mine for free
sleep.gif

That's what I said! But i was lucky that i got it for free as you see the ADJ there they made.

when you called, did the agent specifically say it was for free?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu