Hardware nintendo refuse to admit screen damage

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have just called Nintendo Customer Services to inform them of the problem with bottom screens scratching the top screen and I was told that it is not an issue, they have had no reports of this. They will not even listen to me.
I called to let them know that a lot of people online are having the scratched screen problem and will they do anything about it.
They tell me it is not a problem, they have had not a single complaint about it.

I called them yesterday to complain about it. So that doesnt make sense.

People with scratches on your 3DS PLEASE CALL NINTENDO AND TELL THEM about it or they will deny it for all the kids wanting help. This is unfair and out of order. If enough of us complain, they will do something about it.

NINTENDO UK 08706060247

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Well, sounds like SOMEONE is a bit anal. My Customer Service repaired mine for free.

No need to have such a title, either.
They fixed the hinge problem or the bottom from scratching the top? I have no idea how they would fix the scratching thing, seems like a really dumb design flaw (I think the analog nub touches the top screen and will leave a mark eventually)

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing used to shit me with the DSi XL. Glossy Plastic layer over screen, by design, it is -not- impervious to scratches in normal use, and it will collect more of them over time.

Nintendo wont do shit to address this.

It's not a defect, it's just a reality of the materials used.

Any scratch that happens outside of a retailer exchange period will be pinned as user caused and/or normal wear and tear.

Service Agents wont touch that under warranty.

Scratch required impact and movement in whatever fashion, for scratch to appear, does not remove your ability to play and use your device.

TLDR: Scratches will not be counted as a product defect. To minimize scratches, use a screen protector. If you try to claim warranty for scratches it will be rejected.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
AlanJohn said:
I already heard this happen to a guy that had his screen wobble...
He called Nintendo Customer Services and they said "Its supposed to happen."
Nintendo's Customer Service is being a b*tch.
Is is supposed to happen.

SCIENCE!

T-Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't have thought the top screen would leave any lasting damage on the screen, unless you snap it closed with force...
its annoying with the tiny lines it can leave when resting on the bottom screen though but i don't see that scratching it, bit of a design floor though
frown.gif

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a 3DS yet, but it sounds like a quite a few people are having this problem.
Perhaps a small foam/neoprene sticky back cushion in one of the corners could stop the screens from rubbing together? It may not be the prettiest solution, but may prevent possible damage to the screens?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading about issues regarding the 3DS here, on NeoGAF and elsewhere, and what I can't understand for the life of me is why anyone would be calling Nintendo about this? I just don't get it. If I bought a 3DS, say, from Walmart and it had scratches or the top screen was causing scratches or any other issue that I would consider a defect, I'd simply bring it back to Walmart, and they'd either give me a refund or allow me to exchange it. The only time you should be going to the manufacturer about this type of issue is after the return period has been past, which for most retailers is generally 30 days.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
when the scratch appear on my upper screen , I start to use the cleaner cloth i got with my screens protectors (only set on bottom screen) between the two screens before closing my 3ds to avoid more scratches

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you all call at once and give the same issue it well be a recalled

PS: At lest there not like EA games they band my email account [email protected] i had 30 games digital downloads band and disabled my games jut for support called me a fisher when I gotten coupons $20.00 off all games that are 20.00 is free they gave me all these coupons and stuff but the deal is i felt in a trap they set me up now I have lost my money and my account on there terms and I agree to the term a bunch of bull crap they are like you say rip off artist.

They make it look like your the bad guy hear
closedeyes.gif

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
I've been reading about issues regarding the 3DS here, on NeoGAF and elsewhere, and what I can't understand for the life of me is why anyone would be calling Nintendo about this? I just don't get it. If I bought a 3DS, say, from Walmart and it had scratches or the top screen was causing scratches or any other issue that I would consider a defect, I'd simply bring it back to Walmart, and they'd either give me a refund or allow me to exchange it. The only time you should be going to the manufacturer about this type of issue is after the return period has been past, which for most retailers is generally 30 days.

The reason we would want to send it to nintendo for repair instead of swapping for another one is you loose EVERYTHING!
streetpass data,
pedometer,
streetpass quest,
puzzlequest,
all my friends in my friends list,
high scores on ARGAMES
high scores on faceraiders
screen protectors,
It takes a chunk of time to personalise a 3DS, making your mii's (my glorious celeb mii's) setting up your internet and all of the above.

If you swap 3DS's, you have to do it all again. Nintendo dont let you share data between systems. But if you send it to them, and they replace it, they pull all of your data on to the replacement meaning you keep everything.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
this is a common issue with the 3ds
2 of my friends have the same problem and i had it too
i excanged my 3ds with a new one cause i had a burned pixel but both 3ds i had in my hands had the same problem "the bottom screen leaving marks at the top screen"
the thing is i thought i was making those marks but when i read it here on gbatemp i saw that it is a hardware problem
since then i am using that soft thing that came with my 3ds to protect the screen.
the best thing is to go to the place where you bought it and excange it for a new one
they did the same to me with just a small burned pixel why not with 2 whole scratch marks that are the same as the bottom screen's layout?

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
vandawn said:
this is a common issue with the 3ds
2 of my friends have the same problem and i had it too
i excanged my 3ds with a new one cause i had a burned pixel but both 3ds i had in my hands had the same problem "the bottom screen leaving marks at the top screen"
the thing is i thought i was making those marks but when i read it here on gbatemp i saw that it is a hardware problem
since then i am using that soft thing that came with my 3ds to protect the screen.
the best thing is to go to the place where you bought it and excange it for a new one
they did the same to me with just a small burned pixel why not with 2 whole scratch marks that are the same as the bottom screen's layout?

I have taken mine back to ASDA, they gave me my money back with no problem, even aggreeing that the system is scratching itself as the raised border is clearly all that the top screen rests on as the rubber 'feet' are too small!

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
steve007 said:
If you all call at once and give the same issue it well be a recalled

PS: At lest there not like EA games they band my email account [email protected] i had 30 games digital downloads band and disabled my games jut for support called me a fisher when I gotten coupons $20.00 off all games that are 20.00 is free they gave me all these coupons and stuff but the deal is i felt in a trap they set me up now I have lost my money and my account on there terms and I agree to the term a bunch of bull crap they are like you say rip off artist.

They make it look like your the bad guy hear
closedeyes.gif

No, it wont be recalled -ever-. Customer care agents would be given a script to explain to people like you why it is not a fault or defect and the website may have this question under the FAQ section, with details on caring for your screen.

Please learn how OEM business operates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?