Nintendo pulls ahead of Sony!

Njosnavelin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OP is so misinformed. You should do some fact checking before you post things like this. I love Nintendo just as much as the next guy, but some of this stuff you are spouting is just pure diarrhea.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Not even TV's anymore I reckon. Toshiba and Hitachi are controlling the market even more. Sony are doing quite well on their mobile phones though. Cameras maybe, MP3 players not anymore.

well lg is really good also.
and canon is much better for a camera than sony
sanyo and motorola are much better than sony for cell phones

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
The N phones have horrible menus though, I found a N73 the other day(thats right FOUND) and the thing was pissing me off
It takes ages just to get into the menu and stuff. So i just called up whoever seemed to own it and give it back. I couldve sold it but thats just not me

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Although the Sony gaming market does suck, one thing is for sure, there is no better MP3 players than Sony. Don't even argue about the software, cuz even with the piece of shit software, it is worth it. It has the best sounding Mp3 players ever, NW-s706 noise cancelling walkman.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
That was the right thing to do, well done lol. The N series phones are very feature packed though, more so that Sony Erricsons.

Zen Micros, iPods (as much as I hate them) and many other smaller brands make amazing MP3 players with touch screens and all that blah.

P.S.

WTF does OP stand for?

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sony ericsson are no way better than nokia and nokia's s60 phones are the best phones on the market

sony are just expensive but people expect sony products to be quality so they pay the price

yus786

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I can understand their argument, I don't think it's holding a lot of water because of other factors. The Wii and DS are a heck of a lot cheaper than the PS3 and the PSP. Okay, the PSP dropped recently to 160, bringing it only 30 $ away, but there is still a huge discrepancy between the CONSOLES. You could buy a basic XBOX360 AND a Wii for the cost of the bigger PS3. Sheesh.

So price is a huge factor. There's no denying that. But piracy I think can really affect sales. I think the Dreamcast was one of my favorite game systems ever, and I also look back on how people would have Echelon or whomever releasing games before or right after they came out in stores, and that didn't help sales.

Of course, Dreamcast I think was just a little out of place timewise, and got crushed when the PS2 dropped in all of its glory.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um.. yea, OP refers to me. And also I tried to refer to the fact that if sony's game market fails, they have hundreds of other consumer electronics to fall back onto (generating more sales) and they sell stuff at higher prices. Then again, the stuff they use costs alot. Nintendo only has gaming ''under its belt'' and all its sales are based on the success of its console/handhelds and their hardware/software.

Ok, i guess this may be an example. Sony fanboy, goes and buys two things from Sony... a game, and a TV. (Let's assume that games and TVs generated a large portion of Sony's sales) Let's assume its one of those big plasmas people tend to buy nowadays for whatever reason. Approx $1000 for the two things. Now a Nintendo fanboy goes and buys to things from Nintendo. The most expensive things that i can imagine from Nintendo, that would generate the largest portion of its sales are 1) Wiis 2) DS Lites. Approx $350. Now I know that parts for Wiis, DS, TVs, and games cost those companies money. But here you're giving one comany approx 1000, and another company approx 350. If the company that gets $350 (Nintendo) can get $350 3 times every time Sony can sell one TV / game I find that pretty amazing. And the only time you're going to buy something Nintendo is for 'entertainment purposes'. Many people buy Sony products for anything (TVs, blank media, appliances, and computers, to name a few) So, if three people buy something Nintendo for every one person that buys something Sony, and Sony uses stuff that all people use, sometimes everyday, that surprises me. Of course, since i don't know any real-world statistics, this can be very wrong, but I know that its much more likely that people will spend more money on 'consumer electronics, etc' than on just video games/consoles.

And I talked about diarrhea because i talked about how corn farmers complain that its because of pirates that their corn doesn't sell. I went off topic there. But something relevant to that: Not everyone buys popcorn at movie theaters, because 1) Not everyone likes it 2) its not clean, i doubt many theaters (or just the ones i visit) would pass sanitation if the testers didn't wear big badges declaring they're there to check to make sure that everything is clean / healthy enough for human consumption. (or i may be a maniac theorist)

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
How? That's makes no sence^ You Ninty Fanboys suck! Sony > Nintendo in GENERAL, Nintendo > Sony in CONSOLE GAMES. Sony stuff is ALWAYS more powerful than nintendo stuff, and that's why it's more expensive. Nintendo games get boring fast
frown.gif
Sony's 3rd Party Game makers have excellent games =D

please re-read your post and try convincing me that you are neither

-12 years old
or
-retarded

JusDaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hah i knew that would happen! I predidcted Sony's downfall would happened after they shut down Lik-sang. THATS WAT U GET! it was just me but i quit buying sony items after they shut down lik-sang.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone