1. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Who did? They aren't going after TX and the chips will for sure be available from other sellers

2. Zaiphon

Zaiphon GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    "Who did?" TX of cause. Yeah Chips may get sold, but who will keep updating it?

3. Switch_Maniac

United States
    I'm not following. So the resellers are also the ones developing and updating SX? Not really making much sense here. These lawsuits only involve resellers who sell mod chips among other things. They have nothing to do with SX development....Just another hater who has no idea what they are even saying. Try reading the lawsuits maybe if it's not to hard for you.

Chimech0 and Tumbleweed like this.
  4. blissbeef

blissbeef Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm curious - why can't Nintendo go after TX? If it's because of anonymity/different country, surely Nintendo has enough money to find a workaround?

5. Switch_Maniac

United States
    Depends on the country. Extradition isn't a policy everywhere among other laws in said countries. So it might not be worth the money. They'll just keep going after resellers. If they could have gone after TX directly, I would imagine they would have by now and that Microsoft would have back in the xbox/360 days.

blissbeef likes this.
  6. realtimesave
    This message by realtimesave has been removed from public view by Joe88, May 20, 2020 at 6:50 PM, Reason: Off topic.
    May 20, 2020 at 3:39 PM Show
  7. blissbeef

blissbeef Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Makes sense, but resellers will just keep popping up and it'll be very time consuming for Nintendo to go after them all. Nintendo probably has infinite money so the costs aren't an issue to them.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Switch will never have permanent softmods anyway

9. Switch_Maniac

United States
    Agreed. So I am assuming money isn't the issue then since the original hack came out, what 3 years ago now, and TX is still around. Time will tell I guess, but I imagine if they have enough info to go after resellers like this, they have all the info they need for TX directly.

10. realtimesave

realtimesave Member
    Newcomer

United States
    TX isn't going to die out, trust me on this. Just a minor hindrance is all.

11. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes i am sometimes.Thank you!!

12. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I just want to start on my Atomic Purple Switch Lite with the modchip inside with dualboot that's going to look so sweet I'll get a guy to do the housing and the modchip it's a shame Nintendo cant make nice things and you have to get things modded to achieve greatness I want mines to look like the swich lite below.

lite.PNG

Fred Molyneux and Switch_Maniac like this.
  13. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    wierd that your getting refunded i thought i read Nintendo was trying to freeze and collect assets from sales meaning no body should be getting refunded

14. Steinyamite

Steinyamite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I do not think they will sue atmosphere devs because they are not selling or pirating anything. They just create CFW, no dongles or even tutorials about how to homebrew the switch. So there is not anything to go after them for currently and I do not see that happening in the future. SX OS is selling devices and making money on a fault of nintendo's hardware and that is where the lawsuit comes in.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Who are you having install the modchip I would love to know!

15. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know a guy in California that does housings and mod chips he can get it done. All I need to do is send the mod-chip and housing with my switch lite and he will do it for $80

16. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can understand them going after ROM sites because they were distributing games that they owned (even if they weren't making money off them any more). But the TX device doesn't include any Nintendo code. It's a device designed for users to run home brew apps and games....yes, it does also allow for piracy, but not everyone that uses it will be using it for piracy. (although I am sure more than 50% of users will be using it for piracy...but it's up to the user on how they want to use it...). Anyone remember the beginning days of PS3 hacking? It was SOLELY designed for home brew. The teams were making it to NOT play pirated games, but of course, that ended up happening anyway.

17. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Team Xecuter advertised their device as a way to play pirated games when it came out at first, especially when there was no way for normal users to create backups at the time.

Also, their OS, which is sold alongside the device, contains Nintendo's code to run XCI files.

18. nintenbrolluseless

Newcomer

United States
    "sole purpose of which is to hack the Nintendo Switch video game console in order to allow people to play pirated video games."

That's just incorrect... It's like saying that emulators are for the sole purpose of playing pirated games.

weatMod and Switch_Maniac like this.
  19. Switch_Maniac

United States
    You need to actually download the boot.dat to even boot SX OS and you have activate the license to use XCI loading. You could choose not to activate the license and only run homebrew just like Atmo. So actually it comes with no software to pirate anything. From what you are saying if it only supported running atmo it would be ok?

Chimech0 likes this.
  20. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just because you choose to not activate the XCI features doesn't mean the code to use XCIs isn't still there.

As long as Team Xecuter doesn't tell you to use SX OS, then you technically should be okay. However, I'm pretty sure that they tell all buyers to use it, just like how they were forced to back when it was first released.

MrCokeacola likes this.
  21. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    so if they decouple the chip from the licence then...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - resellers, Nintendo, lawsuits