Hacking Nintendo O3ds xl won’t boot an die with a click...

LPVD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey...

I wanted to ask if someone had the same problem and a fix for it...

My O3ds xl started freaking out two days ago. The system crashed with a poping sound and since then the same problem occurs. I looked up in different Forms and the most common problem are broken riven cables but in my case even when I’m not plugging in any cables to the mainboard the issue won’t go away.

I hope someone can help me.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like the backlight is loose or broken. I'm guessing you hear the pop right when the backlight should turn on, and if you boot it, and put it in sleep mode, before the backlight comes on, it will stay on, until you open it?

Lucky for you, if this is the case, replacement screens arn't too expensive iirc, but if it's the top screen, it's a pain to feed the ribbon cable through the hinge

Last edited by froggestspirit,
Reactions: Quantumcat

LPVD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That sounds like the backlight is loose or broken. I'm guessing you hear the pop right when the backlight should turn on, and if you boot it, and put it in sleep mode, before the backlight comes on, it will stay on, until you open it?

Lucky for you, if this is the case, replacement screens arn't too expensive iirc, but if it's the top screen, it's a pain to feed the ribbon cable through the hinge

Thankst for the response...

Do you have a clue which screen is broken or am I able to find out which is dead?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have a clue which screen is broken or am I able to find out which is dead?
just open the back of the system, remove the ribbon cables, and wifi module. plug all back in and see if it powers up. if it does not, then you may need a new screen or system.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure, id say power it on in complete darkness to see if either screen flashes. If only one screen flashes, its probably the one that didnt. Otherwise check ribbon cable connections and signs for tears

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo