ROM Hack Nintendo keeping Pokemon Black/White rom on lockdown??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rateiosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
The european release is 2 days before, so some sites will upload the roms in ~friday or saturday... i don't think will be upload earlier.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
Dann Woolf said:
TheTwoR's said:
Pirates
dry.gif
I'm gonna buy the game. And the guide. Show some support, will ya?
tongue.gif

Not to be such a troll, but, y'know.
I'm sure if you grew up to be the creator of many famous franchises like Pokemon, you'd hate it if I pirated all the games you developed.
Anyway, back on topic:
I was basically going to write what paratroopa wrote, but he beat me to it.

Except, you know, it's fucking Pokémon. It'll make a ridiculous profit no matter how many people pirate it.

quoted for fucking truth!!!

Whether it makes a profit or not does not justify stealing the game. I doubt your local retailer will share your sympathy when you walk into the store and swipe the game off the shelf. "Oh but Nintendo makes soooo much money off these, and you're BestBuy with billions in profits. I'm totally justified in stealing this from both of you."

If you're going to pirate the game fine. But don't come up with lame justifications for it. Just say you're too cheap to buy it.

tanoshii_ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just going to stick my head in here...

The only time piracy is going to hurt a content producer is when said pirate would have bought the content rather then pirate it.

The question is what percentage of piracy falls into that category... iow how many people actually pirate a game that would have bought it?

If you want a game bad enough to buy it, and can afford it, then buy it.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
lcleong said:
Dann Woolf said:
TheTwoR's said:
Pirates
dry.gif
I'm gonna buy the game. And the guide. Show some support, will ya?
tongue.gif

Not to be such a troll, but, y'know.
I'm sure if you grew up to be the creator of many famous franchises like Pokemon, you'd hate it if I pirated all the games you developed.
Anyway, back on topic:
I was basically going to write what paratroopa wrote, but he beat me to it.

Except, you know, it's fucking Pokémon. It'll make a ridiculous profit no matter how many people pirate it.

quoted for fucking truth!!!

Whether it makes a profit or not does not justify stealing the game. I doubt your local retailer will share your sympathy when you walk into the store and swipe the game off the shelf. "Oh but Nintendo makes soooo much money off these, and you're BestBuy with billions in profits. I'm totally justified in stealing this from both of you."

If you're going to pirate the game fine. But don't come up with lame justifications for it. Just say you're too cheap to buy it.
it is not stealing when pirated it is copyright infringement when you pirate
mthrnitesmiley.gif
tongue.gif

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact of the matter is the game has already been Sold early in NJ.
A whole sell store sold it a week early and sold there whole shipment over the weekend.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rateiosu said:
The european release is 2 days before, so some sites will upload the roms in ~friday or saturday... i don't think will be upload earlier.

Even though the european release come out 2 days earlier then the US one, the US rom is likely to come out before you get the game officially on friday.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can bought both version but im also dl it so i can get all three starters if they are all males then i can change the gender on the rom then i can breed them

AllyKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
It'll be out early - Saturday night, I promise you. How? Nintendo World in NYC is doing a pre-release party that night. I'm sure somebody will snatch and dump.

I do admit, I was hoping for some Sunday morning uploaded cheats onto my Action Replay. Normally, the ROMs would have seen the light of day by now. Especially with the Mall tours, I am surprised how well the lock down has been on the games.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised it hasn't popped up yet. Either way I'm still buying it. It'll be the first DS game that I've bought in 3-4 years, shocking.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AllyKat said:
Sir VG said:
It'll be out early - Saturday night, I promise you. How? Nintendo World in NYC is doing a pre-release party that night. I'm sure somebody will snatch and dump.

I do admit, I was hoping for some Sunday morning uploaded cheats onto my Action Replay. Normally, the ROMs would have seen the light of day by now. Especially with the Mall tours, I am surprised how well the lock down has been on the games.

The game isn't on lock down or anything considering a lot of people in America have it already, some had it for a week. Also, Europe are starting to get it too.

Surprise one hasn't surfaced yet since stores have had them for weeks now. The videogame store I work at have had a box of Pokemon White and a box of Pokemon Black for three weeks now. Since the store is strict about those things, taking one early would get me fired.

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
isn't it against nintendo's policy to pre release a game? and that the stores responsible can get fined or something?

From what I recall it's about 15K and it's usually for the company that sold it first. And it's not just Nintendo, it's several companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...