• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,773
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Dataminer OatmealDome posted that Nintendo is replacing it´s online multiplayer system, NEX (most likely used in all of their online games since the 3DS/Wii U), with a new system called NPLN.
The Monster Hunter Rise demo was the first game to use this system.
NEX is at least 18 years old by now.
Splatoon 2 has an unused function to check to see if it’s running on Windows 98.
upload_2021-2-3_1-58-31.jpeg

Developer thomasnet_mc says that no other games implement that library yet.

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dataminer OatmealDome posted that Nintendo is replacing it´s online multiplayer system, NEX (most likely used in all of their online games since the 3DS/Wii U), with a new system called NPLN.
The Monster Hunter Rise demo was the first game to use this system.
NEX is at least 18 years old by now.
Splatoon 2 has an unused function to check to see if it’s running on Windows 98.

Developer thomasnet_mc says that no other games implement that library yet.
Lol also a check to see if it's running on Windows 95 apparently. About time they made some improvement to the online, any improvement.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could mean Playstation 2, but I think it's more likely it's a check for PS/2 serial peripherals, as in the port used by old mice.

I do believe you right about that, but it's still funny thinking how old of stuff they have checks for, since I can't remember the last time I've seen a PS/2 connection.

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe you right about that, but it's still funny thinking how old of stuff they have checks for, since I can't remember the last time I've seen a PS/2 connection.
I don't think any computer you will buy at Best Buy will even have one. Only motherboards I see with PS/2 connections are gaming ones since some gamers like ps2 keyboards

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i ask is to have smash lobby's to let you pick whatever charcter you want when in waiting rooms and lobbie's after a match so dumb they can't use something like that from smash 4 to smash 5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY