Gaming Nintendo installing new systems for their games

kennypu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read today from here: http://it.nikkei.co.jp/digital/news/index....500D%2005072009 (japanese site)
that nintendo will be incorporating a new system in their games that will allow beginners to skip challenging parts in a game.
Since the google's translation sucks, I will give my own translations.
Code:
????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????30?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Nintendo Presents the "skip feature", skip the hard parts in the game
ÂÂNintendo will be incorporating the 'skip feature' for beginners. During a game when you encounter a difficult part, and you cannot go on in the game, you can use the skip feature to skip that part so you can move on. There are many people who halts at these difficult parts and quit the game, so this feature was introduced. This feature will be included from games coming out this fall (in japan ofcourse).ÂÂThe first game that will be incorporating this feature will be "New Super Mario Brothers Wii" (!!!! oo yay).
Video games has been out for about 30 years. Games are becoming more complex as time go on, and there are many parts that beginners cannot handle. With the 'skip feature' beginners will be able to beat games without the need to buy 'walkthrough guides', and will be at least be able to enjoy the feeling of being able to move on.
(taken from it.nikkei.co.jp)

Now this is a wonderful feature, but I personally will hate it. One of the things that make playing video games enjoyable and fun, is the feeling of overcoming such hard obsticles. If this was implemented and you can just 'skip' these hard parts, what is there for challenge? it will make a game much more boring, and have less value. I personally think this should not be implemented in every game, maybe platformers are fine like super mario brothers. But if they decide to put this in games such as RPGs, puzzles, etc. The game won't be as enjoyable. What do you guys think?

EDIT:
Sorry, I forgot to say that this feature will be for both Wii and NDS games.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I heard about this feature a few weeks back. I really don't mind it, so long as they don't dumb the game down. I just won't use the feature, it's not like you are being forced to. I guess it might be useful to some...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its already been mentioned and discussed in another thread
sleep.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was already posted, but they will start implementing this in NSMB Wii.

This is possibly the dumbest feature in gaming history. What's the point of playing a game with no challenege? I mean, what's the fun in a game where you can essentially take any part that is too hard for your idiotic brain to handle and throw it out the window without ever having to deal with it again. Nintendo, being money mongering assholes, decides to dumb down games to the point where you can skip EVERYTHING so that any fucking asshole can pick it up, say "I WON THE GAME!!!" (after skipping 75% of the levels) then take off their safety helment and get a concussion. Nintendo is slowly ruining video games, ever since they decided to open up the VIP exclusive club of video gaming to anyone. 20 years from now video gaming will be hardly about hardcore games and more about family fun. The next generation of consoles will all be family friendly and be stuffed with kid's games. Soon gaming will now longer be about pleasing hardcore gamers, but about making money and pitching to families. Did this make any sense?

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
This was already posted, but they will start implementing this in NSMB Wii.

This is possibly the dumbest feature in gaming history. What's the point of playing a game with no challenege? I mean, what's the fun in a game where you can essentially take any part that is too hard for your idiotic brain to handle and throw it out the window without ever having to deal with it again. Nintendo, being money mongering assholes, decides to dumb down games to the point where you can skip EVERYTHING so that any fucking asshole can pick it up, say "I WON THE GAME!!!" (after skipping 75% of the levels) then take off their safety helment and get a concussion. Nintendo is slowly ruining video games, ever since they decided to open up the VIP exclusive club of video gaming to anyone. 20 years from now video gaming will be hardly about hardcore games and more about family fun. The next generation of consoles will all be family friendly and be stuffed with kid's games. Soon gaming will now longer be about pleasing hardcore gamers, but about making money and pitching to families. Did this make any sense?

Fuck you, Nintendo.
WTF? aint nsmb easy enough already?
dry.gif

kennypu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroTm said:
Nobody says that you have to use that service so there will still be challenge.
that is true. but when you're playing a really hard level, and you can't beat it and you start to get frustrated and pissed off, that feature will look veeerry tasty.

P

pasc

Lets be honest... ist just a modern way of cheating without a cheatmodule....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm saying that what fun is a game when you always know there's an easy way out? There's no desire need to beat a hard level to continue with the game because you can just skip it. This feature would be welcome in a game where the storyline is irrelevant, like a party game, but in a game where it'll mainly be single player (Nintendo keeps trying to showcase this as a multiplayer game, but it's a joke without Wi-Fi), it's incredibly stupid and shows how desperate Nintendo is to take any of their big name franchises and sell it to gamers with utterly no skill (aka the general public).

Although they did dumb down Mario Bros. a lot in NSMB anyway.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There always was an easy way out with cheats. Just about every game has them. This just opens it more up to the masses.

I don't see how this would make a game any less challenging for those who choose not to use this feature. If you can't resist the temptation, then I say you can't resist the temptation of looking up cheats or guides for example.

kennypu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, I'm saying that what fun is a game when you always know there's an easy way out? There's no desire need to beat a hard level to continue with the game because you can just skip it. This feature would be welcome in a game where the storyline is irrelevant, like a party game, but in a game where it'll mainly be single player (Nintendo keeps trying to showcase this as a multiplayer game, but it's a joke without Wi-Fi), it's incredibly stupid and shows how desperate Nintendo is to take any of their big name franchises and sell it to gamers with utterly no skill (aka the general public).

I agree with you. It's like trying to catch a legendary in pokemon, you know you have a masterball, but you don't want to use it so end up wasting 3 hours trying to catch that pokemon and finally using the masterball.
except, in this case you have multiple masterballs. and you can waste it however you want. how gay.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

It's only good for challenging games and needs to have a limit on it to prevent abuse (no skipping more than 10% of the game). Non-gamers might be trying to wiggle into gaming when everything is easy and shovelware is king.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

It's only good for challenging games and needs to have a limit on it to prevent abuse (no skipping more than 10% of the game). Non-gamers might be trying to wiggle into gaming when everything is easy and shovelware is king.

I mean, any decent kid can do good in NSMB. It's quite easy (wall jumping to save from deaths, the Uber Mushroom thing, etc). You throw them a NES and the original and they'll fail on the first level, no doubt. Hell I didn't really play the original much (I'm 16, so I didn't own one), but when I tried it, it was 10x harder than NSMB. Or give them The Lost Levels and they'll break your NES in a hissy fit.

I agree with the skipping limit. No more than 3 skips if they're going to implement it. Considering the numerous amounts of levels in NSMB, it would be fair.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this would be good for those getting frustrated... but bad if they want to know the story line(The Skipped Part could be the Key to the whole story)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...