Nintendo ID concern

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Dededepool21, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Dededepool21
    OP

Dededepool21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2017
    United States
    I have a serious question. My Nintendo 3ds was banned a long time ago and I was thinking of getting a New Nintendo 2ds because I wanted the pokéball one. My question is if I use the Nintendo ID of my previously banned 3ds on the new N2ds will the 2ds get banned?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Define "banned", bans from multiplayer are completely unrelated to NNID (which isn't even required - in fact with no more Miiverse there's nothing that requires NNID and doesn't have a superior homebrew alternative)

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That all depends on what kind of ban you received. If it was a hyperban (in addition to online play, NNID services were banned), then my understanding is you probably won't be able to link the NNID to the N2DS in the first place. If it wasn't a hyperban, then my understanding is it's unlikely the N2DS will be banned.

What caused the initial ban?

4. Dededepool21
    OP

Dededepool21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2017
    United States
    I got banned because I played the leaks of Sun and Moon a long time ago. I don't really know what kind of ban that is.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That was a hyperban. You are unlikely to be able to link the NNID to the N2DS in the first place.

Edit: To be clear, I believe a system transfer won't transfer the banned NNID over, and if you call Nintendo, they will notice it's a banned NNID, and they will refuse to transfer it over.

Edit #2: The banned NNID will work fine on non-3DS devices (i.e. the Wii U).

Last edited by Lacius, Dec 9, 2017
  6. Dededepool21
    OP

Dededepool21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2017
    United States
    So basically I can't use it anymore on any 3ds family system?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That's the gist of it, yes.

8. Dededepool21
    OP

Dededepool21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2017
    United States
    Damn. Well thanks for your help guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice