Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me, I've not used my 3DS XL for months (all I use it for is to play MK7 Online).

If they could ban hackers from MK7 Online that'd be good, but these updates are pointless.

Reactions: Pin1988 and impeeza

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For fuck sake, Nintendo, just finish making games instead pushing out updates to a dead system!
I'd rather see Nintendo actually restore online access to Splatoon 1 ngl than seeing a new game, or a new firmware update for the 3DS which it didn't need.

We're all expecting not much to happen this year apart from TotK and Pikmin 3 with the Switch anyways.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BannerBomb3 got patched, at least according to the Homebrew discord. View attachment 373264
Seems like the case, the same goes for most of the other previously available methods, apart from ntrboot which is the only one that's left at this point (they couldn't patch it). According to 3ds.guide page:
Screenshot_20230523_Chrome.jpg

-----------
Does the update do anything to break an already modded 3DS?
Not likely, but it's better to wait a little until it's confirmed to be safe (it's still too soon).
----
So, is it safe for us with boot9strap to update?
Same as above.
Post automatically merged:

If it wasn't for the damn online play requiring the latest fw, i wouldn't care if they keep releasing these "stability updates" 'till judgment day..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: