Nintendo gives more details about its online service, cloud saves get deleted if you cancel your sub

wGRlqwr.png

We got a glimpse of some new information about Nintendo's Switch Online Service yesterday during the Direct, but most of what was shown there was already known. To help shed a little more light on just what a subscription entails, Nintendo put a FAQ up on their site. The details are as follows:

• As already stated before the Direct, all Switch users (used to be only launch users) can get a 7 day free trial. This gives you access to online, voice chat, cloud saves, and the NES games.
  • Those two wireless NES controllers are only purchasable if you have a current paid Nintendo Switch Online sub.
  • The full list of 20 playable NES games for subscribers was revealed: Soccer, Tennis, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber, Dr. Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Ghost's N Goblins, Tecmo Bowl, Gradius, Pro Wrestling, Excitebike, Yoshi, Ice Hockey, and Baseball.
  • Each month, a new set of games will be added to the group.
  • October will add NES Open Golf, Solomon's Key, and Super Dodge Ball
  • November additions are Mighty Bomb Jack, Twinbee, and Metroid.
  • December brings Wario's Woods, Adventures of Lolo, and Ninja Gaiden.
  • Additionally, if you ever lapse in your subscription, you will lose all cloud data. "Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership." If you cancel or let it expire, you'll lose all data saved on the cloud.
  • If you play the NES games, you need to check in every 7 days by going online to verify your account.

:arrow: Source: Nintendo UK
:arrow: Source: Nintendo of America

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i just had a idiot over on the facebook group try and tell me that "Save data stored via the Save Data Cloud backup is available for as long as you have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership." is vague.

like... Mother fucker, no its not.... it clearly states that it is only available FOR AS LONG AS YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP.

he then tried to go ahead and discredit the rest of Nintendo's websites, including the UK and Australia's, stating that "because of the way the United States Nintendo has worded their FAQ, that the rest of the FAQ's from Nintendo's around the world are now completely vague, and are not at all stating the same thing, ergo, it is all vague, and should not be listened to".

like.... what? This literally made me ask a separate group of people what he meant.... and it made me dumber for having to ask it.

Fanboys are really dangerous because they are willing to oversee everything a publisher is doing just because they “love” it and then pay for a shitty service, fanboys is the reason they keep on doing bad stuff. Apple, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, fanboys pay so they don’t care about the minority like us. I’m not getting the Nintendo online because it’s a scam but that won’t make any difference...

The best thing to do with them is to let them be and hope that they will grow out of it. One can love something deeply but true love is when you can see the flaws and criticize it. I love Nintendo but when they do bad shit i’m gonna say it.

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fanboys are really dangerous because they are willing to oversee everything a publisher is doing just because they “love” it and then pay for a shitty service, fanboys is the reason they keep on doing bad stuff. Apple, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, fanboys pay so they don’t care about the minority like us. I’m not getting the Nintendo online because it’s a scam but that won’t make any difference...

The best thing to do with them is to let them be and hope that they will grow out of it. One can love something deeply but true love is when you can see the flaws and criticize it. I love Nintendo but when they do bad shit i’m gonna say it.

damn...frakkin...STRAIGHT!

Reactions: Kafkaus00

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but it's still shit, 20 NES games, and the fact that cloud saves get removed if you stop the service. People are certainly sycophantic.

If there were Snes games, I would reconsider my opinion, but NES games? Boring AF.
Ok, well it's still a service. Nintendo is still a company who's bottom line is making money. If you don't like the service, don't pay for it. I'm just saying in my opinion, what they are asking and doing is fair. It's not like they are scamming us.

It's OK, save backups are freely available with homebrew. No need to spend money for this feature. Could have easily been implemented in a similar method client-side, but nah. Better lock it behind our servers and pay wall!
Last I checked you can't even use homebrew on your system without flagging yourself for a ban next time you go online. This is a solution, yes (although you're being very mocking and childish about it) but not a good one if you plan to still use any of the online features.

The bottom line for anyone bitching is: the service is $20 per YEAR.... quit your bitching, leave your house for the first time ever, and get a damn job. $20 is nothing. I spend more on lunch sometimes, and you idiots are complaining about spending it once a year. As for the cloud service, its a SERVICE. It shouldn't be free. What *should* be free is the ability to dump encrypted saves like on the 3ds, but lets be honest.... everyone here knows why they didn't do that on Switch.

Honestly you all sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucking brats. "Gimmy free stuff."

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, well it's still a service. Nintendo is still a company who's bottom line is making money. If you don't like the service, don't pay for it. I'm just saying in my opinion, what they are asking and doing is fair. It's not like they are scamming us.

Last I checked you can't even use homebrew on your system without flagging yourself for a ban next time you go online. This is a solution, yes (although you're being very mocking and childish about it) but not a good one if you plan to still use any of the online features.

The bottom line for anyone bitching is: the service is $20 per YEAR.... quit your bitching, leave your house for the first time ever, and get a damn job. $20 is nothing. I spend more on lunch sometimes, and you idiots are complaining about spending it once a year. As for the cloud service, its a SERVICE. It shouldn't be free. What *should* be free is the ability to dump encrypted saves like on the 3ds, but lets be honest.... everyone here knows why they didn't do that on Switch.

Honestly you all sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucking brats. "Gimmy free stuff."

I have a job, I could pay the 20$, I just don’t like being robbed for something I should have day one on the console. This “service” is bad and that’s why i’m not gonna pay for it.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a job, I could pay the 20$, I just don’t like being robbed for something I should have day one on the console. This “service” is bad and that’s why i’m not gonna pay for it.
...and that's a perfectly acceptable way of going about it. I'm not trying to say everyone here should pay it, just stop bitching that it's not free.

AROOOOOGAH AROOOOOOOOOGAH! NINTENDO FANBOY ALERT! NINTENDO FANBOY ALERT! AROOOOOOOOOOOGAH
....and with those "sound effects" I can safely say 8-year-old detected.

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Now onto a real serious comment. There exist people out there that are medically incapable of getting a job, and survive on only 11k a year. and have given up a lot of their precious ownings in order to get a switch in the first place.
Secondly. We're not asking for free shit. stfu with that comment. and anyone that is deserves to be ridiculed.
Thirdly. Why would you want to go online with homebrew? its common knowledge that if anyone went online with homebrew since the Nintendo Wii days, that their ass is gonna get banned. Hell... its been even earlier than that!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...and that's a perfectly acceptable way of going about it. I'm not trying to say everyone here should pay it, just stop bitching that it's not free.

30 going on 6. Grow older, not more mature.
Try it some time.

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I’m not bitching because it’s not free, i’m bitching because the service is freaking bad but I need to have it if I want to play online or back up my saves. Easy as that.

Reactions: JanoriaCorven

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There exist people out there that are medically incapable of getting a job, and survive on only 11k a year. and have given up a lot of their precious ownings in order to get a switch in the first place.
You being handicapped (or anyone) is not an excuse for Nintendo to reprice their wares for the entire world. That is an insanely selfish way of thinking. I'm sorry if you're talking about yourself and it makes life hard, but that's no reason to bitch about a company charging for a service.

Secondly. We're not asking for free shit. stfu with that comment. and anyone that is deserves to be ridiculed.
Plenty of people are. The comments I quoted are from like 5 pages back, so relax. I've been gone for a few days. Used to be here every day, but cancerous people like you that try to turn every discussion into their own personal war chased me away, or these retards and their "I want free shit" attitude. Now I just stop in for news, mostly. Want me to "stfu?" ....block me. Easy.

Thirdly. Why would you want to go online with homebrew? its common knowledge that if anyone went online with homebrew since the Nintendo Wii days, that their ass is gonna get banned. Hell... its been even earlier than that!
....which is exactly why I said it. The person I quoted suggested it as a solution to the paid cloud service. I explained why that may not work for everyone. What don't you understand?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30 going on 6. Grow older, not more mature.
Try it some time.
No thanks, I focus on maturity more. I dislike people looking down on me like I do to you now.

I’m not bitching because it’s not free, i’m bitching because the service is freaking bad but I need to have it if I want to play online or back up my saves. Easy as that.
Did I quote you? No?.... move along then. Sounds to me like you just wanna fight someone.

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You being handicapped (or anyone) is not an excuse for Nintendo to reprice their wares for the entire world. That is an insanely selfish way of thinking. I'm sorry if you're talking about yourself and it makes life hard, but that's no reason to bitch about a company charging for a service.

Plenty of people are. The comments I quoted are from like 5 pages back, so relax. I've been gone for a few days. Used to be here every day, but cancerous people like you that try to turn every discussion into their own personal war chased me away, or these retards and their "I want free shit" attitude. Now I just stop in for news, mostly. Want me to "stfu?" ....block me. Easy.

....which is exactly why I said it. The person I quoted suggested it as a solution to the paid cloud service. I explained why that may not work for everyone. What don't you understand?

the moment you result to insults is the moment you lose any sort of semblance of debate.

Also, like Kafkaus said... we're complaining because of certain practices within the service, not the service or its pricing in of itself..

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, like Kafkaus said... we're complaining because of certain practices within the service, not the service or its pricing in of itself..
...and as I said in response, I wasn't talking to either of you in my post. I quoted 2 people. You guys are just butthurt and wanna argue with what you consider a "Nintendo Fanboy" over it. The person(s) I was quoting DID bitch about having to pay, so what I said was relevant. Calm your man titties neckbeard.

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also, when i called you hypocritical. This was the point in question in which i was calling you hypocritical. You dislike the fact that i "looked down at you", which, i wasnt even doing in the first place. As it was just a simple SHIT POST... and then you went on the offensive... i've been nothing but smart ass and light hearted with you up until this point.

No thanks, I focus on maturity more. I dislike people looking down on me like I do to you now.

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
... people are allowed to make light hearted posts that poke fun at a persons particular action... its not our responsibility to hold hands with your feelings. thats what i call shit post... making posts that are on topic, but are so light hearted and deliberately stupid, that its considered "Shit post"

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm already online? Aaaaanyway, I quoted 2 people and others responded with their bullshit. This doesn't involve you, stop trying to GET involved if you don't like my attitude. I'm honestly not mad at all, though. Why would I be mad other people don't wanna pay Nintendo? Despite me bitching about others here, I'm really no Nintendo fanboy. I've stolen PLENTY from them. You guys go ahead and assume what you will though. This is why this site sucks now. Nothing but people like you that jump to conclusions and freak out over literally nothing. I'll say it again, I DIDN'T QUOTE YOU SO I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU. Go back to whatever it is you were doing if you dislike my opinions so much. You chose to argue with me over something you didn't understand. Now this is happening.

The reality of this situation is that I was saying people that bitch about the price need to shut up, and despite one of you even agreeing with me, you both still decide to turn it into an argument. You're trying to tell me what I said isn't related to how you see it, because you're bitching about the quality of the service, and not the price itself. THAT'S WHY I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU. YOU CLEARLY GET IT. So stop being so damn salty / stupid, realize what's ACTUALLY going on here, READ my comments, and then kindly go away.

...pretty sure shitposts aren't allowed here..... and you just pinged a mod. Sooooo......

It wasn't a simple shit post. I replied to someone else from 5 pages back and you got angry. Grow up.

Well then my bad. I just thought it was a “discussion”. If you post something online be prepared that people might speak with you. I’m sorry I bothered you. I just think you’re a bit agressive that’s all.

I wish you a good day!

Reactions: MadMageKefka

JanoriaCorven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm already online? Aaaaanyway,

you also dont know how to obviously read. she said "get THE online" as in the online membership.

"Shitposting is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality""

which, i did.

Minus the fact i did it on a SMALL scale. To the scale of about... 3 - 4 posts? not many. and it was all in jest..

i would advise that you take the earlier advice. log off, get a coffee, go out and take a walk in the park... release your anger in a game or something. You're obviously pent up with it and releasing it in a heavily bad mannerism.

Also... take a joke.

Last edited by JanoriaCorven,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to say everyone here should pay it, just stop bitching that it's not free.
Why? If I look out into the world and see someone offering something better for free (and my reasoned estimates for costs are "if you must do it a silly way it is still a rounding error for you") I am going to question it when someone tries to sell the same product (or indeed an inferior one) for some money.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you also dont know how to obviously read. she said "get THE online" as in the online membership.

"Shitposting is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality""

which, i did.
Which is also against the rules to post outside of "the edge of the forum." Besides, if you meant it as a joke, you wouldn't have continued. Stop trying to justify your childish behavior. "She" as you put it already realized her mistake and moved on. Your turn....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь