†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
yea dsi ware is locked to the dsi you downloaded it too. this is a "security" feature of the dsi. i would feel the same way if i wanted to transfer something i bought to a second dsi in my house. but consider your 10+ friends who have a dsi who also want that game or appliacation. so on one hand it is a con but on the other it makes perfect sense. should it go in the con list? i'm not really sure. =/

-another world
well has Ninty metioned if this would be fix (im assuming 1.5 Update which i have Acekard so that kind of Sucks for me) oh and Add if you want just so some People wont get Confuse.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a minor point, but the 'clip' on the pen stylus (on mine anyway) isn't actually a clip, just looks like one. What's the point? To stop it spinning in your hand maybe?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@Princess Rozalin: it's not a problem to be fixed it's a security feature to prevent you from paying for a dsi ware once and then sharing it with all of your friends.

@mechagouki: your right and i had not noticed that at first.

cheers,
-another world

WolfKeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fake clip is probably to prevent it from rolling off a table.

As someone with big hands and who's 40 years old, the XL is outstanding. I stopped playing games on my original DS because of hand cramping.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
WolfKeeper said:
As someone with big hands and who's 40 years old, the XL is outstanding. I stopped playing games on my original DS because of hand cramping.

not just cramping, but at times part of my hands would fall asleep due to the way i was forced to hold onto my lite. don't get me wrong, i still love my lite and it is highly portable, but the xl just feels so much better and is easier on my eyes.

-another world

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing that matters in the review in the cons section is the stylus con the rest are the same with the DSi so no biggie. its worth upgrading from the review stand point.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen anyone mention the light bleed on the XL screens. I had it on my first one that I exchanged because I thought it was a defect, but is also present in my new one although not in as many places. First one had it on along the bottom of the top screen & along 3 of 4 sides on the bottom screen. The new one only has it along the top of the bottom screen, but is worse in comparison to the same portion of the screen on the one I exchanged. Just doing a Google search made me aware that many others have the same problem. Nice Q control Nintendo.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review Another World, having had my XL for just over a month now I have to say it was the best thing I ever did upgrading from a lite, I think if I was a DSi owner I'd be pissed at Nintendo though.
The screens are amazing, breathes new life into games, I've not noticed any pixelation and nor any light bleed like the person above mentioned.
As for it being portable it fits into the back pocket of my jeans fine (not that I'd like to walk around outside like that) and I wouldn't say it feels that heavy in your hands.
I'm really pleased with it and would say if you've got a lite go for it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've always had a tiny bit of bleed on the very edges of any nintendo product i've owned that has a back light. i only notice it in the darkest of places, like gaming before bed. i'll double check my XL and post back, because i don't recall having that issue on the XL. my lite has bleed in the plastic itself right around the screens. i have two spots where the light makes the case "glow." again, i only notice it in pitch blackness.

-another world

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
D34DL1N3R said:
Haven't seen anyone mention the light bleed on the XL screens. I had it on my first one that I exchanged because I thought it was a defect, but is also present in my new one although not in as many places. First one had it on along the bottom of the top screen & along 3 of 4 sides on the bottom screen. The new one only has it along the top of the bottom screen, but is worse in comparison to the same portion of the screen on the one I exchanged. Just doing a Google search made me aware that many others have the same problem. Nice Q control Nintendo.

Yes I know what you mean, I have it too, on the bottom of the top screen, but it's really just a little and it's only visible on a black background when I play in complete darkness.
Any other condition, and you won't be able to notice it.
But yes, if I had 3 or four along the sides I'd be pissed off too.
Other then that, I'm loving it.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just plan on sending it in right before the warranty expires and hope they have the issue somewhat resolved.
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so double checked last night, my xl has no bleed at all. even if i hold it on extreme angles and look into the sides of the lcd screen, all i see is black when its powered up. i tried it with some bright background games when i was double checking.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1