Homebrew "Nintendo DSi + Internet" APP / VIDEO exploit idea?

Which has more value?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharkhunter03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and greetings, all you people.

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum section, as I am new here.

I noticed the "Nintendo DSi + Internet" app / video on my DSi and it made me think, if it was possible to convert a video file (mpeg, mp2, mp4, etc) to the MobiClip codec, replace the video files on the "Nintendo DSi + Internet" (from SD card on PC) and play it on the DS as is. This is most likely false, and my cheap-skate ways will likely end up to my inevitable demise. I am thankful for any response.

-ET

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if it was possible to convert a video file (mpeg, mp2, mp4, etc) to the MobiClip codec
Probably yes, the converter is available from warioworld, no idea if the format is different from the 3DS one though

replace the video files on the "Nintendo DSi + Internet"
Nobody has made a romhack of DSiware. It might be possible if injection is proven possible, but still would require soldering to do on a real DSi

Also, this is not an exploit

Sharkhunter03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for correcting the title of this as an exploit.
I am going off of elementary knowledge of the DSi. I know nothing of soldering, and I don't have a flashcart. I am trying to revive it after the DSi Shop shutdown, and I need to know if there are any achievable hacks (ie sudokuhax but free) that I could use. This could range from playing pirated DSiWare to MP4s. I am thankful for any help.
-ET
(edit: accidentally typed health, not help.)

Last edited by Sharkhunter03,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.