Nintendo DS Press Conference

  • Thread starter Thread starter Opium
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 40,042
  • Replies Replies 216
Ridge Racer DS

More brand new screens first from GBAtemp.net!

ds_ridgeracer_ss_02.jpg
ds_ridgeracer_ss_03.jpg
ds_ridgeracer_ss_04.jpg


ds_ridgeracer_ss_05.jpg
ds_ridgeracer_ss_06.jpg
ds_ridgeracer_ss_07.jpg


ds_ridgeracer_ss_08.jpg
ds_ridgeracer_ss_01.jpg
 
Asphalt Urban GT

FIRST EVER SCREEN! You saw it at GBAtemp.net first!!

Asphalt Urban GT™ combines the virtues of both simulation and arcade racing for the Nintendo DS™. Players will be in the driver’s seat while hitting the streets in a wide range of licensed high-performance cars on tracks from all over the world. Winning races, collecting prize money, and then purchasing new cars and/or tweaking current ones is key to success. Asphalt Urban GT is a solid game for both sports car enthusiast and racing fans.

More than 20 Licensed Dream Cars
• The most recognized and well-respected racing cars in the world, including Lamborghini, Jaguar, Hummer, VW, Audi and many more.

Eight Tracks Inspired by Real Locations
• Driving through the recognizable streets of New York City, Miami, Paris and Tokyo.

Dual Screen, Dual Approach
• Players will have the advantage of watching their progress turn-by-turn on the bottom display of the Nintendo DS.
• Spy on opponents and gauge when to take risks and when to proceed with caution.

Build, Tune, Shape
• More than thirty options for tuning, engine maintenance and bodywork.

Graphics and Gameplay
• Outstanding 3D graphics are accentuated by realistic engine sounds and original music that complement the urban environments.
• Five gameplay modes with three camera angles and a replay feature create a dynamic and immersive racing experience.

Multiplayer Racing
• Up to four players can race against each other through each twisting turn in three different multiplayer game modes:
o Single Race allows up to four players to race head-to-head.
o Championship mode allows up to four players to play some of the championship tracks from the solo evolution mode.
o Cop Chase is a two player cat and mouse mode where the cops attempt to capture and “lock on” their opponent for five seconds to claim victory.

Asphalt_UrbanGT_DS_Cuba.jpg
 
OMG, are all you Nintendo fanboys retarded?

These games all look like crap. Metroid Prime Hunters and Super Mario DS have Doom 1 or Duke Nukem 3D-like graphics. Just look at those low-res textures, where is the anti-aliasing? UGH, UGLY!! Advance wars 3 looks better on the GBA than the DS, I mean those are just 2d sprites in 3d perspective. Nintendo's slogan for the DS should be "WELCOME TO 8 YEARS AGO!"

The DS is huge, that thing can't fit in anyone's pocket! It's like carrying an xbox around... yea thats very portable. Where are the people who designed the sexy GBA SP? It doesn't look like they were involved in this project at all...

2 SCREENS DOES NOT MEAN BETTER GAMEPLAY! I can't believe some of you are gonna waste money on this.

I can tell a good product when I see it. I didn't buy the original GBA because of its bad product design. I waited and bought the GBA SP because it looks great, fits in my pocket, rechargable battery and front-lit screen. The DS looks UGLY and the games look even worse. PSP looks like a much better product, I care about quality and even if the PSP costs $100 more, I'll still buy it over the DS.

Nintendo is going down if they continue creating stupid consoles like this.

XBOX & PS2 > Gamecube
PSP > DS
huh.gif
 
MY HEAD IS GONNA A SPLODE TOO!!!

Lets go Pokemon, I wanna see your damn screens! But wow... they look fucking amazing.. I still play with my N64 at times so for N64 Graphics to be on a handheld is gonna be so exciting for me(Ok i know PSP has PD2 GFX, but they dont have any games i want I dont already have on Ps2 XD)!!

I want it so bad.. and damn.. that Live Screen of the final DS just makes me want it more.. my god.. Zelda 2005.... SD Vs. RAW, DBZ B3, and the Nintendo DS... Damnit.. this is making me just as excited like the night I am before Christmas XD

EDIT: Damn... this post took me only a few minutes to write and like 3 people posted after i saw the last post XD
EDIT2: Is all of this stuff from TGS?
 
OMG, are all you Nintendo fanboys retarded?

These games all look like crap. Metroid Prime Hunters and Super Mario DS have Doom 1 or Duke Nukem 3D-like graphics. Just look at those low-res textures, where is the anti-aliasing? UGH, UGLY!! Advance wars 3 looks better on the GBA than the DS, I mean those are just 2d sprites in 3d perspective. Nintendo's slogan for the DS should be "WELCOME TO 8 YEARS AGO!"

The DS is huge, that thing can't fit in anyone's pocket! It's like carrying an xbox around... yea thats very portable. Where are the people who designed the sexy GBA SP? It doesn't look like they were involved in this project at all...

2 SCREENS DOES NOT MEAN BETTER GAMEPLAY! I can't believe some of you are gonna waste money on this.

I can tell a good product when I see it. I didn't buy the original GBA because of its bad product design. I waited and bought the GBA SP because it looks great, fits in my pocket, rechargable battery and front-lit screen. The DS looks UGLY and the games look even worse. PSP looks like a much better product, I care about quality and even if the PSP costs $100 more, I'll still buy it over the DS.

Nintendo is going down if they continue creating stupid consoles like this.

XBOX & PS2 > Gamecube
PSP > DS
huh.gif
bah. I go for Gameplay.


Anyway, this stuff is awesome, tonight is a good night for the DS.

-JeX-
 
Puppy Times

Puppies are invading the Nintendo DS. In Puppy Times, you can raise up to three adorable puppies and play with them to your heart's content. You can also teach your pups new tricks - just speak into the built-in microphone and they'll respond to the voice commands you've taught them. Not only that, but you can even play Puppy Times over a wireless connection!

puppytimes1.jpg
puppytimes2.jpg
puppytimes3.jpg


puppytimes4.jpg
puppytimes5.jpg
puppytimes6.jpg


puppytimes7.jpg
puppytimes8.jpg
puppytimes9.jpg


puppytimes10.jpg
 
I think I just pissed myself. Change the GBATemp Poll to "NOW Will you buy a NDS on release date?".

On a side note, I wonder if the touch screen will cause any problems. Like on Metroid Problem Hunters is says "Touch to Start"

Oops, I said problem, haha. *Prime

Edit: Bloody hell. There are 53 users reading this topic
 
Yoshi's Touch & Go

Yoshi and Baby Mario are about to embark on another wild adventure - this time on the Nintendo DS. Using the Nintendo DS system's two screens and touch screen capability, you'll have to help Yoshi guard Baby Mario and guide him to safety. On vertical-action levels, players must use the stylus to draw clouds on the touch screen to protect Baby Mario from enemies and lead him to Yoshi. On horizontal side-scrolling levels, players must use the stylus to look out for Yoshi as he gallops across the countryside. On top of all that, Yoshi's Touch & Go also features two-player wireless play.

ytag1.jpg
ytag2.jpg
ytag3.jpg


ytag4.jpg
ytag5.jpg
ytag6.jpg


ytag7.jpg
ytag8.jpg
ytag9.jpg


ytag10.jpg
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted