Nintendo DS Press Conference

  • Thread starter Thread starter Opium
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 40,042
  • Replies Replies 216
i know i'm gonna sound off like a cheap-ass..

but i'm gonna wait 'til teh DS has a suitable flash card/cartridge or whatever.

all i can say is whoa..DS will pwn psp for sure man.
 
Here's a brand new Nintendo DS image with Metroid Prime: Hunters running on it:

ds_new.jpg


that's all from me tonight, I'm signing off. It's getting late.
 
Does anyone know which games gonna launch with the european release? And does anyone know if the DS supports a connection with the PC per Wireless LAN? I should buy a WLAN hub then coz I only have a bluetooth hub.
 
Hm it does make you wonder though: why do they still make the game boxes so big when the carts are so tiny?! And why bother making them out of plastic cuz no-one ever actually uses them...
biggrin.gif
 
I don't understand why they still insist on making the 'cartridge' boxes so big. Go back to the days of the original GB, when they included plastic cases with the game for protection!

My excitement level is still through the roof; so many new games and ideas all at once..and Mario Kart DS is bringing back the ghost tracks! WHOOHOO!
biggrin.gif
 
Wow! What to say:

First thing... Final Fantasy 3.... shame they aren't talking about the US version but I'm glad to see the game finally recieving an update and the DS having some good RPGs.

Advance Wars DS... Yay! The screen for the sky might makes things confusing but either way I'm looking forward to it!

Pokemon Dash - Looks absolutely terrible, the only saving grace being a couple of screens that look like a Pilotwings style parachuting minigame.
BTW don't think anyone mentioned it here but plug in Pokemon Emerald and a new track or course opens up in Pokemon Dash... just an example or how GBA carts could make great expansion/addon packs.
Anyway I'll wait for Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Diamond I think... god those names are gonna make me cry almost as much as:

Feel the Magic XY/XX - God Sega suck for giving this one of the worst localised names of all time (the Jap version is translated as 'I Would Die for You')... personally speaking I'm really interested in this ~ think love adventure meets mini-games a la Wario Ware by the guys behind equally unique stuff like Rez etc...

Band Brothers - A rhythm game on the DS?! Konami need to take note...

Super Mario 64 DS - Doesn't look as great as Mario 64 to be honest... mind you I was playing the PAL version with slight borders, washed out colours and absolutely stacks of anti-alising... as long the control schemes work then I'm cool.
Anyway the whole idea of each character having their own abilities and now a whopping 150 stars to get (not to mention minigames) sounds like a great update worthy of purchase (well better than direct ports Sony are dishing out on the PSP).

Metroid Hunters - Interesting to see that the display and map have switched sides... is this for the other control method (i.e. no stylus) or have Nintendo actually switched it round regardless. I'd think it'd be a bit harder to aim and fire with stylus if the gameplay screen is the top one and not the touch sensitive one, but still the new screens look absolutely amazing so I'm looking forward.

Mario Kart - Definately one to get... think of the multiplayer! I can imagine Nintendo using GBA carts to expand the track selection in the future as well...
Graphics don't lok that great to be honest, but as long as it plays fast and smoothly then I'm sold. Well it's either that or Ridge Racer *yawn*... where's Soul Calibur, A Tails Of game etc... personally I'd love to see a DS version of Donkey Konga that uses the touch screen as the drum faces and the mic as the clap input; it'd be perfect for the DS.

Oh and also I'd like to see Nintendo release a port/update of F-Zero X and the 64DD Expansion pack... 16 player link races with the ability to trade tracks, if Nintendo did this I'd probably cry with happiness.


My only problem is the price tag which I think is marked ever so slightly too high... okay other games especially third party ones may retail for slightly less but $30 doesn't work out much more than a full priced console game. $25 would have appealed to me a lot more ~ DS games will (I gaurantee) retail for £19.99 over here in the UK as a result but if they only cost $25 in the US it would have been more likely that they sold for £14.99, which of course works out much better for us.
Anyway they're still pretty cheap and inevitably will become even cheaper so I can't complain really.

smile.gif
 
I hope Lik-Sang are as good to me as they were wuth my SP. Can't wait for this.
Just imagine Castlevania SOTN DS with loads of new stuff in it or a whole new Vania!
 
The DS looks more and impressive by the day and, best of all, every bit of information is far more concrete than anything we get on the PSP. I had planned on getting Sony's handheld, but now there's enough good stuff on the DS to make me change sides. Then again, things might look up for the PSP closer to its release.
 
Am I the only one here who finds the launch titles boring? That list made me make up my mind - I will not buy a DS at launch.
 
that`s great news news. The DS is getting good titles but i am only intereted in some of the titles like ff 3 or the Square- Enix ones. Current titles are not intersting me that much. The Super Mario 64 DS isn`t looking great as i expected.

Since the DS has already got titles i am now excited about what the PSP has to offer. I am intersted in both Handhelds and both have equal good titles which i am looking forward too so the handhleds which gets more titles which i am looking to will get my attention and i will buy it then.
 
im kinda dissapointed about metroid prime: hunters not using the touch screen, like in the e3 version, oh well, it will still be fun!!
You will be able to use your stylus... you can choose between the "E3 way to ami" and "this way to ami"!!

Anyway thats what www.gbacentral.com says in a preview:

Quote:
"For those of you who found Prime’s control scheme on the Gamecube to be a bit fiddly, there is an option to switch to a stylus mode. In this mode, players can use the stylus to aim, fire and turn."

http://www.dscentral.net/index.php?preview=21

And I belive them!
rolleyes.gif


smile.gif
 
If I order the DS from Lik-Sang on the release date, will it work with EU games too? Can't wait until it comes out in EU.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted