1. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    wow ... thanks to all of you who posted the pics and infos!!! great job!

2. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    GAWD!!! *Drools*
    Must..... have..... cool.... PKMN.... game.....

3. |Dexter&#12

|Dexter&#12 Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Sorry guys but for what I see this are all Multi play games that I like a player alone not will can enjoy like it are the same games that come out a long time ago. Mario 64, and so on. I want see some screens of games you can enjoy alone!! A real 3D Pokemon game and great new Zelda game, not that 4 sword crap. Any other nintendo fan lives in Argentine [​IMG]

And I am rethinking to buy the Nintendo DS now [​IMG]

4. wackodave

wackodave GBAtemp Regular

Guh, was really going to get myself a DS straight away but ... now I'm not so sure. The 3d isn't good looking at all and the 2d is barely an improvement on the GBA. To be honest, the gameplay card you guys all seem to pull when anyone criticises the DS doesn't really work, turning a wheel using a stylus instead of pressing a directional input is not innovative or intuitive. The whole idea of a portable console is that it is a portable - console.

You say the PSP is basically just a portable PS2, what would you call the GBA?

I'm not saying I'm going to buy a PSP either. The battery life is really worrying me but the quality of the games I have seen so far is pretty damn high.

All said an done, neither of the two handhelds have got me really exited.

5. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

United States
    Just remember that launch title games for any system are usually not as good as games that will be developed later on.
    And at least it seems that there can be a possibility for DS flash carts in the future.

6. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
    Former Staff

United States
    [​IMG]

I took the Pokemon box from the picture posted earlier, fixed it so it was straight, replaced the low-quality DS side logo with the one from the hi-quality Super Mario 64 box, then removed the noise, and removed the flash reflection from the glass.

7. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.
    Former Staff

United States
    I consider the GBA a portable SNES, which Nintendo can do because the SNES is a classic system and not mainstream anymore.

The PSP and PS2 are almost the same in graphics, and a lot of the games are the same for both - so to me the PSP is a portable PS2.

8. cruddybuddy

cruddybuddy Group: Banned!
    Banned

United States
    Umm, are the D-pad and buttons reversed on the Metroid screenshots?

9. knl

knl I can change this?

Brazil
    ...I hope the DS is emulate-able... because here on Brazil the DS may end up costing almost 1000 BRR*... thats a little bit past 4 paychecks (the lowest possible paycheck is abut 280 BRR), so it's quite hopeless to have gaming consoles here, besides the PS2, which is frequently modded around here, so... If it's not emulate-able, i'm hopeless. But, I have hope, since they managed to emulate palm (I don't know with which accuracy though)!
    *Brazilian real

10. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady
    Former Staff

Canada
    Heh, heh - the GBA would really be considered a portable SNES if they'd just..added..two..more..face..buttons..! ARGH!

I expected more 'hate' from the Sony/anti-Nintendo crowd in this thread, but have been pleasantly surprised! The more media that gets posted, the more excited I'm getting, even though I would never purchase the majority of the games pictured. It's just good to know that all these titles are looking polished and ready for release, meaning that hopefully we'll get a steady stream of support from third parties - since Nintendo themselves seems to have lost interest in creating new games based on franchises people want to see and play.

What would make this DS news even more exciting would be if Nintendo decided to launch it with this mystery 'NEW Super Mario Bros.' title, instead of a rehashed Mario 64. When are they going to learn, STOP with the endless ports already!

However, I look forward to seeing new media anyway, because daaaaaamn, it's looking fine. [​IMG]

11. TyrianCubed

TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Italy
    I want a DS!!
    There are too many quality games, psp really can't compete with a lineup like that!
    Urban GT is an intresting title...I really look forward to it! I need sports titles, like racing sim (not too arcade) and football (soccer) games, and thanks God Winning Eleven was already announced and it should head over Europe too (PES)...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!

A big THANK YOU to the great master Shaun and all people who posted us these great infos and media!

EDIT: I want that surgery game to be released out of Japan too!!!! [​IMG]

12. kaosluke

kaosluke Newbie

i have only one question about the DS, will it be able to play GBC and GB games like the GBA can, i mean since it does have the same port to play GBA games?

13. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady
    Former Staff

Canada
    No, there is no GB and GBC functionality. This is *not* the next Game Boy, GBA compatibility is only included for convenience. You can't play any GBA games multiplayer either; just single player.

14. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
    Former Staff

United States
    No, the DS can only play DS and GBA games. It will not play GB or GBC. [​IMG]

15. TyrianCubed

TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Italy
    Why sad, jumpman? We have the gba to play gb and gbc games!
    And think about what the real gba2 will be capable of [​IMG]

16. |Dexter&#12

|Dexter&#12 Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Home the next Gameboy use CDs. And jumpman17 want join my web design team? [​IMG]

I know the feeling you know how many PESSOS that thing will cost for that I want one zelda game on it AND A NEW ONE. Already got the other zeldas on the free gamecube disk [​IMG]

17. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.
    Former Staff

United States
    Where'd you get that information?

18. AngryCommunist

Banned

Your faggotry is unbounding.

Here's instructions on how to make your internet experience more enjoyable for both yourself, and everybody else:

1 - Purchase or borrow somebody's shovel - it doesn't matter what type, just find one.
    2 - Take said shovel and enter into your back yard.
    3 - Dig a hole in the soil close to 10 inches deep. It doesn't have to be exact.
    4 - Place your head in the recently dug hole.
    5 - Fill it over with dirt.
    6 - Take your shovel, and shove it up your posterior.

That's it!

p.s., why the hell do you come to a nintendo site to flame a system? once again, you're a disrecpectful faggot and your seed should be wiped from the earth.

19. solarsaturn9

solarsaturn9 Newbie

o please rareware, even though you do not belong to nintendo any more, please re-release Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie!!!

20. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.
    Former Staff

United States
    I did hear that Rare is on board for the DS but dunno what they're doing...I remember hearing a possible Perfect Dark from the N64 port. If that happens then I will shout out loud.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Conference, Nintendo, Press