Nintendo DS Lite Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by legend23, Jan 10, 2011.

Jan 10, 2011

Nintendo DS Lite Wifi Problem by legend23 at 9:45 AM (1,996 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. legend23
    OP

Newcomer legend23 Newbie

Australia
    I have a DS Lite and whenever I try with any game to play on WiFi it comes up with the error code 51300. Not only that but it also somewhat screws up my internet and the "PPP" light on my modem stops flashing but that comes back in about five minutes. The weird thing is that when I remove the security and leave my WiFi unlocked it works perfectly (but I don't want to leave my WiFi unlocked for long periods of time) so I need to find away around this problem. The fact that it works when my WiFi is unlocked means there maybe something wrong with my settings so:

Modem: NetComm NB6Plus4W
    Wireless Security: 128-bit WEP
    Authentication Type: Open System (not entirely sure what this does, the other option is "shared key")
    Format: ASCII characters

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a solution to my problem. [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Legend23

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Try switching over to Shared. My cousin's family has multiple NDS and wifi didn't work for the whole family until they switched to Shared. Don't know why or how it works, it just does. Also, you don't need to take the security off when it is Shared.

3. legend23
    OP

Newcomer legend23 Newbie

Australia
    Nope, didn't work. Same error code came up.

4. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your problem is relied on modem's security setting. It may block some ports in coming/out going data. Try research about necessary DS UDP/TCP ports and set your modem to unblock that ports. And Try consult your modem manufacture for port blocking setup. Not all modems (or routers) have flexible configuration for specific port blocking.

5. kolosus

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    128 bit security is too much. Try 64 bit. That's the one where the password is 10 characters. 1 through 10 and A through F for hexadecimal numbers.

6. Masked Ranger

Antarctica
    Do you have a whitelist or a blacklist active? Are you sure you're entering the correct key?

7. legend23
    OP

Newcomer legend23 Newbie

Australia
    What's whitelist/blacklist? And yeah pretty sure haha

8. Masked Ranger

Antarctica
    In routers, a black list is the list of MAC addresses (Media Access Control addresses) that you refuse access to the router/internet while all others are allowed. A white list is the exact opposite where it lists only the MAC addresses that you allow while all others are rejected. It doesn't matter if the device (PC, Wii, DS, iPhone) has the password, but since each device has a unique MAC, the router will control internet/LAN access.

In regards to the "yeah, pretty sure haha" comment, make sure that you *are* using the correct key/password.

9. legend23
    OP

Newcomer legend23 Newbie

Australia
    My wireless MAC access control is off, so there is no blacklist or whitelist.
    And yes I am sure.