Hacking Nintendo DS lite screen adjustment screws

Maguramishi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i thought for a while that my old DS lite was broken, but recently i found out that i just adjusted the screen refresh rate accidentally. So i tried adjusting it back and when i tried to subtly turn it nothing happened, when i pushed down on it however it went back to normal. I opened up the ds and i saw that the screw thingie was broken off and the adjustment screw for the top screen doesn't do anything at all, can i solder the screw back on or can i modify it in some way? Thank for the help in advance

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fyi, they change the bias voltage (which has various visible effects and gets called 69 different ways: contrast, scanlines, flicker... :D )

And yep, they're fragile, I've managed to break one on a DS Lite too...

The control isn't really repairable, you could get an exact replacement from another motherboard (or, possibly, from online spare parts sellers but I don't remember them being on the market), substitute with a fixed resistor if you happen to know a reasonable setting (yeah sure) or an equivalent but differently shaped trimmer (I don't think there are many that will fit in the original shell)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1