Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo DS Lite Pro Stylus Review
By our very own radioactive reviewer!
battle_stylus_news_thumb.jpg

Toni Plutonij has just completed his review of the Nintendo DS Lite Pro Stylus, also known as the Battle Stylus.

"The stylus is a crucial part of the DS, and required for many games. That being said, many people simply aren't satisfied with the default one (actually, two) that come with the handheld. They are too "plasticy", and the tip tends to wear out after a few months of usage. (At least that happened to me, and I'm extremely careful with my stuff.) It's also very light and doesn't give you that "feeling" while holding it, so lots of people end up buying an alternative stylus for a more pleasurable experience while playing. Some people prefer a pen-like stylus, some people prefer the retractable type, while others enjoy using special styli that come as a free bonus with certain games. This review is for the DS Lite Battle Pro Stylus made by PDA Panache!"

icon11.gif
 Read the review
discuss.png
 Discuss

Many thanks to PDA Panache for supplying us with a sample.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it sounds nice, but I really wish someone made a high quality stylus like that that extended too, I find it much easier to play using my telescopic stylus, but it feels really cheap.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I agree, I used Extractible Metal stylus from DealExtreme before this one, and really got used to that little bit extra length..But this thing is so firm that "extract feature" would just make it more fragile.....When you get this stylus in your hands it feels like your holding a stylus tank!

Posts merged

omatic said:
Nice review. I may buy this.

Does it fit well in a DSi stylus slot?
I have no DSi so I couldn't test that, but if you have DSi, and your Lite stylus fits, this one will too
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice review Toni, the stylus looks cool. I think I would probably go with the black tip though, I think that day glow orange one kind of ruins the look.

Im going to be honest here though, $20 shipping included for a stylus? No just no lol

I dont care how good it is, Im not paying that much for something like that.
smileipb2.png

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Sinkhead said:
david432111 said:
Would it fit a phat?
Nope, but if you go onto PDA Panache using the link in the article, there's a link to the Classic version, which I imagine is the same quality
smile.gif

Sorry, this stylus is no longer available

- Note: Please see our DS Lite stylus upgrade for the current DS Lite model

Oh well.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Very good review. I never considered buying a new stylus, but I do have some complains over the original ones now. They seem to scratch sometimes, what I absolutely don't want.
Maybe I'll buy a new one, this one looks very nice.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Nice Review and Nice Stylus but there is no way Im getting this.. The price is way to expensive.. I use an extractable stylus.. I like it but if this stylus was cheaper and it was retractable I would get it...

david432111 said:
Would it fit a phat?
Does a DS Lite Stylus fit a phat.. NOPE.. No chance Im afraid..

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I ever manage to wear out the one I have I'll consider this. I didn't think it'd be possible to persuade me to pay that much for a stylus (though perhaps just because the idea never occurred to me
tongue.gif
) but you did so. Well done.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
Nice review Toni, the stylus looks cool. I think I would probably go with the black tip though, I think that day glow orange one kind of ruins the look.

Im going to be honest here though, $20 shipping included for a stylus? No just no lol

I dont care how good it is, Im not paying that much for something like that.
smileipb2.png

Yeah, I considered black tip, as it looks cooler, but when you think about it, stylus is about functionality, not looks, and orange tip simply works better.

laugh.gif
And yeah, you see the con, it is a bit too pricey, as I said, in my opinion, $16 for it isn't too much at all, but when you combine it with shipping, then, it's really too much.

B-Blue said:
The DS lite's stylus fits just fine in my DSi. So I guess this will fit in the DSi's stylus slot.

BTW, Great review Toni.
smile.gif

smile.gif
Thanks B-Blue.

Satangel said:
Very good review. I never considered buying a new stylus, but I do have some complains over the original ones now. They seem to scratch sometimes, what I absolutely don't want.
Maybe I'll buy a new one, this one looks very nice.
Well, I used big variety of styli, and I ave bunch of them, and out of all styli I've been using, official Nintendo was the best..This one beats it BY FAR, and I really mean by far..It's like comparing Ferrari to some crappy every-day car.

QUOTE(Curley5959 @ Apr 13 2009, 11:41 AM) Nice Review and Nice Stylus but there is no way Im getting this.. The price is way to expensive.. I use an extractable stylus.. I like it but if this stylus was cheaper and it was retractable I would get it...
After using it for some time, I think that extract feature would just ruin this stylus..It's very well built, and making it extractible would only mean that it's more fragile..

QUOTE(Phynx @ Apr 13 2009, 11:41 AM)
If I ever manage to wear out the one I have I'll consider this. I didn't think it'd be possible to persuade me to pay that much for a stylus (though perhaps just because the idea never occurred to me
tongue.gif
) but you did so. Well done.
laugh.gif
I'm very glad..

The thing is, one can imagine how this stylus actually feels, it gives away feeling that anything else besides it, is just plastic crap..
I'm not trying to pursued you to buy it, I'm just sharing my impression of the stylus..Before I got it, I read about it, and I had really high expectations of it, but when I actually got it, it exceeded my expectation.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my son both have retractable stylus's. Both are really well made and feel quite solid. His stylus extends to nearly an extra 4cm, never seen one go that big before. I have big hands so I would rather use a retractable one than go back to using a short stumpy one.

imag0268b.jpg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have one of these and I absolutely love it, but I do have to say, it does have a slight design flaw.

battlestylus.jpg

I have had 2 DS Lites and a DSi, and I can tell you that the tightness of the stylus slot varies.
The Battle stylus stays in my White DS Lite, but slides right out of my Gloss Silver DS Lite!
It actually fits into my Black DSi very well though, nice and tight, although it's slightly fatter than a DSi stylus, so it sticks out *ever* so slightly.

I hope they make a new DSi Battle Stylus, that would be just great.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
RupeeClock said:
I have had 2 DS Lites and a DSi, and I can tell you that the tightness of the stylus slot varies.
The Battle stylus stays in my White DS Lite, but slides right out of my Gloss Silver DS Lite!
It actually fits into my Black DSi very well though, nice and tight, although it's slightly fatter than a DSi stylus, so it sticks out *ever* so slightly.

I hope they make a new DSi Battle Stylus, that would be just great.
Yeah, I figured that out, by checking some other reviews..Some people complain about their stylus not staying in place, but mine fits perfect! Tight and secure, it feels like I would have to swing really hard with it to make stylus fall out!

EDIT: and just to add, even tho this stylus lacks the "nib" to secure it in it's place in NDS, the whole top part is a bit thicker, so it naturally stuck in.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm..looks like it's a nice stylus. But like others have said, not worth the price.

Was the price factored in with the score? Sure, perhaps you don't think $16 is a lot of money, but you have to compare it with what else is on the market. Is it worth 4 times the money?

Also, I apologize for saying this, but the review sounds a little positively biased. If the price wasn't factored in then I can understand the score but it still sounds like you were a little too hyped up about the product even before getting it. Please take this as constructive criticism. If you feel I'm wrong, then you may want to change your writing style to get your opinion across like you meant it. Or perhaps I'm just weird and read into it too much^^

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know. This stylus looks good and all, but I think I'd rather stay with my retractable Hori one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up