Nintendo DS Lite Pro Stylus Review

D

Deleted User

Very nice review Toni!

I was looking into buying one of these every now and then since they released the version for the original DS phat. The one thing really putting me off was the fact that I always thought the original stylus was way too small. This one is just too expensive (stylus + international shipping costs) to just test and see imo.

I've used this Hori stick ever since I got my DSlite in 2006 and I really like it. It's a shame I haven't bought more.

NavadeHo said:
But what they charge for shipping is crazy, so hopefully some local shop will import these.
The (international) shipping costs really are a show stopper, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since they released them quite some time ago.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a battle stylus for just about a year now and it was worth every cent.

If I ever lost my stylus, I would have to give up games that use it, until my replacement came.

Granted, it's a bit pricey, but it'll be the last stylus you buy.

ShadowScythe

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Damn, I would have definately bought it if they shipping down here to Israel. But places that ship here are really rare. Are you sure there isn't another place that sells it and ships worldwide, tony?

And yes, we did all think it was glowing. ...Or maybe it really was?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Great review! I'm SO getting one of these. I always hated the lightweight original stylus.

Metal stylus with easy-to-see orange tip that still fits the NDSL? Hell yes!

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have to disagree with it fitting into the stylus slot and not falling out. It lacks grip and due to its weight, just falls off when the DSlite is put to its side.

The weight also requires getting used to and you need to make sure you don't lose concentration when holding it because it'll just make your hand drop and touch the touchscreen.

It's also uncomfortable because it's make of metal... and well, metal is hard.

What I need for my DSi is a stylus with some sort of soft grip, retractability would be an added plus.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a dream about this thing... someone was using it and I was pulling it really long out and they were getting pissed at me. It was like 10 feet long lol

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
El-ahrairah said:
I've had a battle stylus for just about a year now and it was worth every cent.

If I ever lost my stylus, I would have to give up games that use it, until my replacement came.

Granted, it's a bit pricey, but it'll be the last stylus you buy.
I couldn't agree more on it!

ShadowScythe said:
Damn, I would have definately bought it if they shipping down here to Israel. But places that ship here are really rare. Are you sure there isn't another place that sells it and ships worldwide, tony?

And yes, we did all think it was glowing. ...Or maybe it really was?
Well, I tried to find it anywhere else, but couldn't..However, you can send PM to them, and ask if you can buy it and get it shipped to you, they might agree on that but on your own risk! Just contact them, they are open to talk!

Muyfa666 said:
Great review! I'm SO getting one of these. I always hated the lightweight original stylus.

Metal stylus with easy-to-see orange tip that still fits the NDSL? Hell yes!
yay.gif

Lluvia said:
Really nice review, thanks Toni.

How long did the shipping to Europe take?
Thanks, it took about two weeks to reach me..

Artheido said:
I have to disagree with it fitting into the stylus slot and not falling out. It lacks grip and due to its weight, just falls off when the DSlite is put to its side.

Some people did report that their stylus doesn't want to stay in place, but comes off easily, and it appears to happen with Silver NDS Lite, Polar White keeps it tight and secured.
I have used it with my Polar White DS and Crimson/Black, and both NDS untis held it tightly and snug..No chance it could fall off just by putting your NDS to side!

The weight also requires getting used to and you need to make sure you don't lose concentration when holding it because it'll just make your hand drop and touch the touchscreen.

Some people might dislike the "weight" feature, I agree, but I really disagree on your statement that you need to concentrate on using it because of the wight, really, if you feel like you need to concentrate on the way you hold your stylus because of the weight, maybe NDS isn't the best handheld for you
tongue.gif

It's also uncomfortable because it's make of metal... and well, metal is hard.
Well yeah, metal is hard, but it also doesn't feel plastic, or cheap or breakable at that matter. And the way it's designed, I really found it very comfortable to hold and use it!

What I need for my DSi is a stylus with some sort of soft grip, retractability would be an added plus.

QUOTE(Smartpal @ Apr 14 2009, 04:12 PM)
btw Toni, you have an awesome DS.
blush.gif
Thanks! That Bowser on my Crimson/Black will be transparent soon, printed on foil..So it'll look even better, and that Polar White is modded with transparent casing..

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have on too
smile.gif
(got it off a friend a while back)

The best part to me is the weight, it really reduces any detection problems when you play games.
However it is a slightly different feeling to get used to, and perhaps you cant moves as fast as with the lighter styli, so it also depends on the game, but with most games it is better to use
smile.gif

It also slides out of my DS easily, but it's an easy fix to wrap a teeny bit of tape around the back end of the stylus.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Great stylus. I managed to get it from eBay UK after weeks of scouting it for cheap. Got it eventually and never looked back to the plastic ones. It stays inside my DS quite firmly although it does drop out if I'm not too careful.

The best performance I noticed was on MPH which I managed to complete, no doubt the Pro Stylus played a huge part in it.

BoGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep like many said.. Interesting stylus.. but not worth the price.

The bright tip is mostly what would get me to get one of these. But I'm only in Canada and they charge 10$ shipping.. 26$us for a stylus. It must cost them 1$ max.. how heavy can the package be.

They would sell so much more if they knew how to price it right.

zaneiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using this for a quite a while now. Despite the price tag, I think it's well worth it, and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
tsimehC said:
Great stylus. I managed to get it from eBay UK after weeks of scouting it for cheap. Got it eventually and never looked back to the plastic ones. It stays inside my DS quite firmly although it does drop out if I'm not too careful.

The best performance I noticed was on MPH which I managed to complete, no doubt the Pro Stylus played a huge part in it.
Very true, you see, it's really interesting how I didn't remembered eBay..That could be the place to get it if you want to get it cheaper!

BoGG said:
Yep like many said.. Interesting stylus.. but not worth the price.

The bright tip is mostly what would get me to get one of these. But I'm only in Canada and they charge 10$ shipping.. 26$us for a stylus. It must cost them 1$ max.. how heavy can the package be.

They would sell so much more if they knew how to price it right.
My envelope says that shipping cost $2.00, and there are two stamps of 3 and 17 cents. I'm not sure if they pay anything more for some safety things, or whatever..

QUOTE(zaneiken @ Apr 18 2009, 01:18 PM)
I've been using this for a quite a while now. Despite the price tag, I think it's well worth it, and cannot recommend it highly enough.
Yeah, I guess people will never actually understand why we like it so much until (some of them) get it!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
minoplis said:
The stylus looks great, I would get one if the site shipped to Brazil... Apparently, it doesn't
frown.gif

Is there any place where you can also buy one of these?
Unfortunately, there are no official resellers!

But you have two options, try checking eBay for some time, maybe it shows up there..and you might try e-mail PDA Panache Team personally, and ask if they would ship to your place, on your own risk.
smile.gif
They might do it.

Dervex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good review! I impulse bought me one! Instinct said black tip but I talked myself into the orange. I probably should have ordered black. I'd like to think that after using the thing for hours I can tell where the end of it is always going to be!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my stylus today. It's really nice looking IMHO. The weight was quite a shock... in a good way! :-D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1