Nintendo DS Line Not Getting A Price Drop

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hadrian
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,002
  • Replies Replies 40

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
17,018
Reaction score
3,383
Trophies
5
Age
45
XP
5,398
Country
United States
Source

QUOTE said:
Lastly, I wanted to know if the price drop of the 3DS would affect Nintendo's pricing of the DS Lite ($99.99), DSi ($149.99) or DSi XL ($169.99). Nintendo said "No."

blink.gif


I guess they only want the casual buyer to grab the DS line, don't see any gamer out there not spending that extra $20 for something that does everything the DSi can but also comes with its own free content as well as be able to play 3DS titles like OoT, Mario Land 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, Kid Icaurus, RE: Revelations as well as others that are set to be released...even if the 3DS is doomed to fail (which it isn't) I can't see any proper gamer buying a DSi instead.
 
People can be remarkably tight-fisted. Take the scum I serve at JJB for example. You point out that if they've got the money to be spending £80 on a pair of Nike Airs then £3 for a spray to keep them in good order is nothing. Not interested. They'd rather spend £80 replacing the shoes than £3 protecting them.

Actually, that's not being tight-fisted, is it? It's being retarded. Never mind, carry on.
 
Not surprised either, and I don't really care since I own all the DSes lol (All are mine, not bro/sis), I've a DS family. (No XLs welcome, srry)
 
Tonitonichopchop said:
Who the hell is gonna buy an XL for the same price as a 3DS?
People who want a bigger DS and aren't aware of what the 3DS is. Lol. It's like this:-

Kid: Mommy there are 2 DSes for $170, I don't know which to get.
Mom: Just get the bigger one son. Bigger the better
Kid: Bigger the better?
Mom: (Grins)
 
Tonitonichopchop said:
Who the hell is gonna buy an XL for the same price as a 3DS?
I would, I love my DSiXL. At this point in time I'd definitely buy the XL for the same price. People who put it down likely have never tried one (I'm looking at you, Sam)
 
machomuu said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Who the hell is gonna buy an XL for the same price as a 3DS?
I would, I love my DSiXL. At this point in time I'd definitely buy the XL for the same price. People who put it down likely have never tried one (I'm looking at you, Sam)
*Sadface* I tried it, I was amazed by it tbh, so huge yet so light. But, I wanted the 3DS and started saving early so no time. (Only bought DSi last year). Now I'm saving for Vita. So maybe after this I'll get DSi XL?? A possibility.

Of course that would be after hearing my moms bashes, I bought (DS Phat long back in 2004 Dec) DS Lite in 2009, DSi in 2010, 3DS in 2011 and most probably DSi XL in 2012?? She'll be like "Why you keep on buying DS!!?!?!?"
 
If I were ever to upgrade my DSlite to a DSi, I would want an XL. I do not want one for the same price as a 3DS though. Why is Nintendo selling inferior technology for the same price as their newer technology?

The DSi XL prints money now too?
 
I read the interview that where Nintendo said the DS line was not getting a price drop. They were asked if the 3DS price drop will have any effect on the DS line and they said "No"

That could mean that they might drop the prices, but just not because of the 3DS specifically. That's how I interpreted their response.
Judge for yourselves:
QUOTE said:
Will the 3DS see more GBA and NES titles beyond the ambassador's program?

"Beyond this offer, we have nothing more to announce at this time, although the press release does indicate that the NES games will eventually be available for sale to the public."

Will the 3DS price drop impact Nintendo's pricing of the DS Lite ($99.99), DSi ($149.99) or DSi XL ($169.99)?

"No."
from GoNintendo
 
SamAsh07 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Who the hell is gonna buy an XL for the same price as a 3DS?
People who want a bigger DS and aren't aware of what the 3DS is. Lol. It's like this:-

Kid: Mommy there are 2 DSes for $170, I don't know which to get.
Mom: Just get the bigger one son. Bigger the better
Kid: Bigger the better?
Mom: (Grins)
rofl.gif
that was awesome
 
Tonitonichopchop said:
Who the hell is gonna buy an XL for the same price as a 3DS?
A lot of people would. I did not trade in my XL for 3DS because bigger screens have really helped on playing many games.

I really hope that Nintendo on day releases 3DS XL.
 
having already a XL i would get the 3Ds but i can understand the hesitation, those big screen are real confort to the eyez
 
Blaze163 said:
People can be remarkably tight-fisted. Take the scum I serve at DW Sports for example. You point out that if they've got the money to be spending £80 on a pair of Nike Airs then £3 for a spray to keep them in good order is nothing. Not interested. They'd rather spend £80 replacing the shoes than £3 protecting them.

Actually, that's not being tight-fisted, is it? It's being retarded. Never mind, carry on.
Fix'd

Anyway, yeah, I've met people like that but I think the problem there is they might think they're being conned or something if more products are being shoved at them. I know sometimes I feel like that when I'm out in a shop.
 
machomuu said:
ecko said:
SamAsh07 said:
Mom: (Grins)
smileipb2.png


no but seriously, i doubt anyone is gonna buy the ds line (except for homebrew pirating)
Why not? Have you played Ds games on a 3DS and an XL? Once you have, you'll understand.
Really? I've played some games on both, and I don't see much of a difference.

People seem to complain a lot about it, but maybe you should try turning Power Save off.
 
Slyakin said:
machomuu said:
ecko said:
SamAsh07 said:
Mom: (Grins)
smileipb2.png


no but seriously, i doubt anyone is gonna buy the ds line (except for homebrew pirating)
Why not? Have you played Ds games on a 3DS and an XL? Once you have, you'll understand.
Really? I've played some games on both, and I don't see much of a difference.

People seem to complain a lot about it, but maybe you should try turning Power Save off.
There is a difference, and it's extremely noticeable in a negative way. It looks fine on the original resolution (which I suppose is what you use), but the screen is so tiny.
 
machomuu said:
There is a difference, and it's extremely noticeable in a negative way. It looks fine on the original resolution (which I suppose is what you use), but the screen is so tiny.
Didn't notice anything different out of the 20 odd hours I played Phantasy Star Zero.
 

Site & Scene News