Hacking Nintendo DS browser and G6 Real DS

kcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I trolled the forums for a bit but I coudlnt seem to find a good, hard answer.

I've been using my G6 Real V2.0 and it's been workin fine for quite a while. I tried many things on it as my days with it went on. I've added movies, music, music videos and everything. I used the built in Action replay codes and now I'm just waitin on the PDA compatibility. But now I want to explore more by adding the Nintendo DS Opera Browser on it but I'm not fully understanding how to do it. Can anyone explain to me how I "patch" the RAM so i can download the nintendo ds browser and be able to use internet on my DS? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
-K-

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In order to run the browser you need a slot 2 cart that has RAM in it. The ones that will currently work are:
  • Supercard (except for the rumble version)
  • M3 (except for the Professional version)
  • G6 Flash/G6 Lite
  • EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
  • the official RAM cart that comes with the browser
You'll need to patch the browser to make it work with anything other than the official RAM cart.

You can get the patches for the Supercard, M3 and G6 here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=525
You can get the patch for the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4262

kcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot destructo bot for your reply.
2 questions:

So is the official nintendo ds opera browser is a slot 2 gba card?

Also, vs all the others, is it better to just buy the nintendo ds opera browser, because I really dont mind spending the money for it, I was just wondering how to do it w/o having to buy it. But if the best way is to just buy it, then I'll do just that.

kcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the ds lite would be better because of the extra memory expansion in slot 2?

I have a ds lite so if i bought the nintendo ds opera browser, got the slot 2 memory expansion but i dont want to use teh slot 1 nds card because i have a g6 real on it, all i would have to do is download the nintendo ds browser rom onto my g6 real card?

kcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scratch that, the nintendo ds lite browser is the one im getting.

Now the only question i have left is, if i bought the nintendo ds lite browser, but i dont want to have to use the slot 1 card that comes with it, could i just use the slot 2 card and then download the ROM for my g6 real for my slot 1 card so i dont have to switch cards whenever i feel like surfing or playing games without having to do any patching?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot, you forgot the EZF4. It works fine with Opera if you use the proper patch.
Where does one find this patch? I've only seen Rudolph's 2-in-1 thingy for the EZ-4, and I was under the impression that it only worked with carts that it could soft-reset on (i.e. not the G6 Real, which is the subject of this thread). I didn't really look into it though, so correct me if I'm wrong about that.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece

Now the only question i have left is, if i bought the nintendo ds lite browser, but i dont want to have to use the slot 1 card that comes with it, could i just use the slot 2 card and then download the ROM for my g6 real for my slot 1 card so i dont have to switch cards whenever i feel like surfing or playing games without having to do any patching?
You can use the ROM with the real expansion.
yaynds.gif

kcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yaynds.gif

grog.gif
whoo k thx. Okay, so the only type of ROM i can find is the European browser. Is there a difference between teh US and the European one especially since im buying a Nintendo DS browser here in the US?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yaynds.gif

grog.gif
whoo k thx. Okay, so the only type of ROM i can find is the European browser. Is there a difference between teh US and the European one especially since im buying a Nintendo DS browser here in the US?

QUOTE(jerbob92 @ Aug 2 2007, 02:35 PM)
probably more languages
tongue.gif
WRONG! There is NO difference between the two... in fact, even the ROMs are completely identical. They didn't even bother to change anything but the sticker on the front of the cart for the USA release of the browser.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a european Rom with the Us expansion and it works, I even changed the memory transparent card for the DS white one and now it looks like its not there. Very easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described