esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So earlier today, I was telling my friend how I'm gonna get rid of my Nintendo DS Lite + its Edge flash cart, and try and buy a brand new DSi XL. He told me that unless I'm just dying to get the XL right now (which I'm not), I should wait for the Nintendo DS 3D. Now, this is the first time I really heard of this, but then again, I don't really read a lot of gaming news so I wouldn't have known anyways.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/192145/will...intendo_ds.html

Looks pretty cool, but not sure if it's worth waiting for or the cost... whatever it may be.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One that isn't the image on the 3DS, it is yet to be revealed and also the name is meant to be diffferent.

Two there isn't a date for the device so you could be waiting a long time.

Three the 3DS is a new handheld, not just a DS revision. Think of it like it is to the DS what the DS was to the GBA.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything is hackable, if it be a modchip or flash linker, or just a firmware flash. If you really want to run free games on it, it will happen. The only system giving the scene troubles is the PS3, then again it might just be lack of motivation being the system is running in third place behind Nintendo and Microsoft or it just may be the cost of blue ray burners. I've been into system hacking since the PS1 PIC chips and I'll pretty much guarantee modifications will be available for the 3D.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasper07 said:
Yea that's just a DSi Ware app for the DSi. Nothing special.
But I reeeeally want to buy a 3DS, doesn't matter how it looks.

+1
yay.gif

Why does everyone who just learn about the 3DS , thinks it = that dsi ware ?
dry.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i was saying every time someone new to the 3Ds they show/ compare it to that dsi ware. The 3ds(ds 3d) has nothing to do with that dsi ware.

Size of xl? idk

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

QUOTE said:
Then a pattern started to emerge, the right data WAS there, just in the wrong order .. then it hit me. The AR DSI cart was completely ignoring the offset field in the read (0xB7) commands I was sending, and simply advancing a preconstructed buffer that would exactly match the reply data of the commands a DSi console would normally send. This has advantage that they only need to require a bare-minimum of data of the original game ROM.

From reading that it sounds like the 3DS might be able to recognize current flash carts, since they always give a preconfigured response, so the 3DS will likely require a new flash cart.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Two there isn't a date for the device so you could be waiting a long time.

Actually, Nintendo stated it would be out before March 2011, but they never said Japan only like the article stated. So its not going to be that long a wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-