Gaming Nintendo Direct Leaked Game?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jAmGu.png

:O OMG YOU GUISE

Reactions: 1 person

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to quote myself from a previous topic:
How about they re-remake OoT for console? The 3DS remake was a lazy one: It doesn't bother to expand the game, a la Super Mario 64 DS or the Pokémon remakes, no new minigames, the story is totally the same without bothering to expand it or fixing some of its shortcomings (like Zelda being reduced to a screaming damsel despite being Sheik), and it doesn't take proper advantage of system's graphical capabilities. Sure it did add two Boss Rushes, but they do nothing to add to the main story. After they manage to make a true remake of Ocarina of Time, THEN they can remake Majora's Mask. If not, I prefer A Link to the Past.

On the bright side, they did bother to tweak Sheik a bit to make more clear that she is a girl in drag. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop some people (especially fangirls) from insisting otherwise. Nintendo missed their chance to make her unmask herself.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to quote myself from a previous topic:
How about they re-remake OoT for console? The 3DS remake was a lazy one: It doesn't bother to expand the game, a la Super Mario 64 DS or the Pokémon remakes, no new minigames, the story is totally the same without bothering to expand it or fixing some of its shortcomings (like Zelda being reduced to a screaming damsel despite being Sheik), and it doesn't take proper advantage of system's graphical capabilities. Sure it did add two Boss Rushes, but they do nothing to add to the main story. After they manage to make a true remake of Ocarina of Time, THEN they can remake Majora's Mask. If not, I prefer A Link to the Past.

On the bright side, they did bother to tweak Sheik a bit to make more clear that she is a girl in drag. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop some people (especially fangirls) from insisting otherwise. Nintendo missed their chance to make her unmask herself.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More ports. Great. Why not make a NEW Zelda game for the 3DS instead of some damn ports?

Is this the new handheld generation goes?
You DO know that this is fake... right?

Even if it's fake, my reason still stands. It's good that it's fake though. I just wish
there were more great games for the 3DS instead of ports. I know some people like ports and
some people never tried old games that they can't get but can get through from ports, but I guess
it's just based on opinions

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More ports. Great. Why not make a NEW Zelda game for the 3DS instead of some damn ports?

Is this the new handheld generation goes?
You DO know that this is fake... right?

Even if it's fake, my reason still stands. It's good that it's fake though. I just wish
there were more great games for the 3DS instead of ports. I know some people like ports and
some people never tried old games that they can't get but can get through from ports, but I guess
it's just based on opinions

Although you can just buy Majora's Mask through the Wii Shop for like $10. I still have it installed on my Wii actually.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but gaming stores normally have placeholders of potential games created and hidden on their site just in case there is an announcement of that game, so they don't waste more time creating an entirely new wepage and they can have the game ready for pre-order not long after it is announced. What likely happened here was that a person enabled that webpage by mistake, probably anticipating a Majora's Mask 3D announcement.

If someone has already mentioned this please ignore this post.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This was already debunked as false. Some idiot made it up just to be a jerk, and he was arrogant and stupid enough to admit it. Game also denied the image's legitimacy

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I'm loving the ports / remakes. I'm at just the right age to have just missed the N64 days and so never got to play any of these great games. Now that they're released them all with improved graphics, controls etc. I get to play them even better than the originals.

I get that it sucks for older gamers but for me port / remake = brand new game.

Reactions: 6 people

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a great way to put it, and im sure thats one of the reasons ninty releases ports/remakses. Im also glad you pointed out how it aggravates older gamers, which is true because im in the same boat as the older gamers.
I couldnt honestly say that some ports/remakes wouldnt excite the hell out of me. Like Banjo Kazooie, or Pokemon Stadium.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats a great way to put it, and im sure thats one of the reasons ninty releases ports/remakses. Im also glad you pointed out how it aggravates older gamers, which is true because im in the same boat as the older gamers.
I couldnt honestly say that some ports/remakes wouldnt excite the hell out of me. Like Banjo Kazooie, or Pokemon Stadium.
I'm one of those older gamers as well, but I don't mind being able to play old games anew on better hardware with extra features and updates added. I just don't want it to completely prevent new games appearing on the platform, kind of like how we got 5 NES/SNES Mario platformer ports for the GBA (SMB2, SMB3,SMW, Yoshi's Island, and arcade Mario Bros. was included in each of those), but not a single original Mario platformer.

At least with LoZ:OoT3D and SF643D we got updated visuals, controls, and game mechanics. as well as an extra or 2. With the SMA series, aside from the graphical updates to SMB2 and Arcade Mario Bros, Nintendo got lazy and just flat-out ported the SNES versions of all the other games in SMA 2, 3, and 4, with some extremely minor extras added like a spam of Mario voice bytes, a more convenient save feature, and minuscule changes to the graphics (such as the color of Bowser and Yoshi's arms and Peach's hair).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Agree with other people who'd prefer an ALTTP remake. It would be a great excuse for me to finally play that game all the way through, whereas I've beaten MM at least twice.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo did state that the next 3DS Zelda would be a all new game and it's unlikely that they'll release two 3DS Zelda titles in one year.

Also Game wouldn't know fuck all, they barely know what is out next month let alone so far in advance.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Agree with other people who'd prefer an ALTTP remake. It would be a great excuse for me to finally play that game all the way through, whereas I've beaten MM at least twice.
They already "remade" it once, on the GBA. Well, technically it was a port with extra features (voice bytes for Link, an extra dungeon, retranslated script, Four Swords built-in). But you know what I mean.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They already "remade" it once, on the GBA. Well, technically it was a port with extra features (voice bytes for Link, an extra dungeon, retranslated script, Four Swords built-in). But you know what I mean.
I'm talking about a 3D remake, not a simple port with a couple extra features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse